'09 Acura Info from the Dealer Grapevine
Date: January 12, 2008 23:53
Over the past few days, more and more '09 Acura info has been trickling out of the pipe. First off, we have heard an on-sale date of April 24 for the '09 TSX. Secondly, the '09 RL should be appearing in showrooms in a similar timeframe. Now, what are the '09 RL and '09 TSX all about? Maybe this communique from Acura will help:
|This MOVE allocation will include March production with March arrival of the 2008 TL, 2008 RDX and 2008 MDX and March production with April arrival of 2009 TSX and 2009 RL models.
Designed and engineered to reaffirm its place as a desirable and affordable entry point for the Acura sedan range, the all-new redesigned second-generation 2009 TSX will be offered in two different packages
· The standard model will be similar to RDX’s and 08MY TSX’s standard features with new luxury amenities and audio capabilities that all contribute to the new TSX’s added appeal.
The technology package is similar to the RDX’s technology packaging and will continue to “Advance” the image of Acura. The Technology Package includes:
· Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition with new functionality
· AcuraLink Satellite Communication System
· Acura/ELS Surround Premium 10 Speaker Sound System
The substantial redesign of the 2009 Acura RL combines added performance, improved technology, more aggressive exterior styling and even greater safety to a top-tier luxury performance sedan.
Three packages will continue to be offered:
· Improvements include better functionality for the HVAC, HandsFreeLink and audio system
· The Technology model will be similar to the 08MY RL with new luxury amenities. The Technology Package will continue to “Advance” the image of Acura by adding more functionality to the Acura Navigation System.
· CMBS will be available as a stand-alone option.
While this information is interesting, several posts in our forums indicate that the '09 RL will be packing 300+hp (from a 3.7L V6) and have an SH-AWD system tuned to deliver more torque to the rear wheels. Word is that the RL's MMC is the most significant mid-cycle refreshes in Honda's (and Acura's) history, with supposedly only 2 body panels remaining common with the current version. Interior volume (particularly rear legroom) is said to have been increased, and several items in the "bling" column are said to have been addressed (one person suggested that the RL would be getting 19" wheels, but we've only seen that from ONE person). One poster suggests that the "more functionality" of the RL's navi system means real-time weather updates.
On the TSX side, word has it that a 4-cylinder, FWD version will be offered first, with a V6-powered SH-AWD model appearing at a later time. Supposedly a diesel will be available in calendar year 2009.
Thanks to those of you who have e-mailed me with these details over the past few days. I just returned from a trip abroad yesterday and have been trying to catch up on things while preparing for the North American International Auto Show. Be sure to check in here at the TOV for updates from Detroit tomorrow and Monday.