Revised November 17, 2003
In general, the TOV provides a mechanism where each user is free to express his or her ideas,
and opinions on topics related to news items, articles, and forum discussions. You may participate in
these discussions by registering for a username on the site.
By participating in these discussions you agree to the following terms:
- Respect. Submissions containing personal attacks (flaming) will not be tolerated.
Personal attacks include those directly referencing another user's social status, economic status,
physical attributes, cultural affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, intelligence, or other
personal trait. Respect is the key element here. Submissions in violation of this policy may be
subject to removal without warning. Offending users may also be subject to loss of their posting
privileges, without warning.
- Agree to disagree. By participating in TOV discussions, you acknowledge that while
you are free to express your opinion, others may not share your position, and they are free to
disagree with you.
- Spamming. "Spamming" is not tolerated at the TOV. Please post your message once in
the appropriate area of discussion. Submissions falling outside this guideline will be subject to
removal without warning.
- Disparaging other websites. The TOV is not to be used as a platform for disparaging
other websites or users of other websites.
- Open History. By participating in discussions on the TOV, you understand that your
submissions are open for public viewing. Once you have submitted a message to a discussion, your
submission becomes part of a thread and is shown in your profile's submission history. By
participating in these discussions, you agree that subsequent removal or revision of submissions will
be at the sole discretion of the Temple of VTEC.
- Disclaimer. The views expressed within submissions to the TOV belong to the author,
and not necessarily to the TOV, its editors, or its moderators. Though we will make every effort to
insure the compliance of our code of conduct, the TOV cannot be held liable for the content of posts.
- "Trolls". Visit this page to
understand the definition of a "troll". In short, an Internet "troll" is a person who delights in
sowing discord on the Internet. A "troll" tries to start arguments and upset people. "Trolling" will
not be tolerated anywhere on the Temple of VTEC. The Temple of VTEC reserves the right of ultimate
determination of a "Troll"
- Deception. Any user deliberately trying to circumvent the normal username login
mechanism of the system with the intent of deception places their TOV participation privileges in
peril. Examples of said circumvention include registering with temporary or non-functional e-mail
addresses, false or incomplete names.
- Valid e-mail address required. A valid e-mail address is required to hold a TOV registration.
By default, your e-mail address will not be revealed publicly, nor will you receive unsolicited
e-mail from the TOV. User accounts obtained with invalid or temporary e-mail addresses may be subject to termination without notice.
- E-mail alerts. The system allows you to "subscribe" to e-mail alerts which notify you
of activity within a given thread or forum. You may remove yourself from these alerts at any time.
Be sure your mailbox does not fill up, because the system will unsubscribe you from these alerts if
there are excessive returned (bounced) e-mails.
- Breaking the law. The Temple of VTEC reserves the right to prohibit or delete
discussions that are thought to violate applicable law or that may be harmful to other members, the
sites that comprise The Temple of VTEC, or the rights of the Temple of
VTEC or others. This includes copyright violations. We take
violations of this policy very seriously.
- These terms are subject to revision. Appropriate public notice will be made if the
terms are updated.