In first month on sale, Honda CR-Z sells at 10 times the monthly plan
Date: March 24, 2010 07:43
Honda Japan Press Release
The closing of the first full sales month for the all-new CR-Z is still a few days away, but Honda has posted a release on their Japanese media site claiming that the CR-Z is selling at a pace of 10 times the monthly plan, which would put the first month total at around 10,000 units. The annual target is 12000 units.
Also mentioned is a mid-April start date of the CR-Z's "eco grand prix", a fuel economy "competition" offered to owners of CR-Zs equipped with Honda's "Premium Club Internavi" system. The objective of the "contest" is to promote "awareness of fuel-efficient driving". For those who wish to participate, the navi system will automatically track fuel consumption data and then post this data to the user's personal home page on the Premium Club website. National rankings are tallied, revealing the most fuel efficient drivers. The "Eco GP" was launched for the Insight last year.
Honda has also released the following data on the sales mix (thanks to 'danielgr' for the summary)
Main selling points.
- Unique performance/ECO blend offered by the 1.5L VTEC IMA powertrain.
- Great exterior styling and technologically advanced quality interior.
- 3-mode driving switch.
- Utility offered by the rear hatch and reclining seats.
- 50% come from another Honda, 50% from other brads.
- Pretty varied : 15% singles on their 20s, 35% singles over 30, and 35% married over 40.
- 90% alpha (higher trim) / 10% beta (lower trim)
- 40 % MT / 60% CVT
Most popular options
- HiD : 92% (standard in alpha trim level)
- 16" alloys : 90% (standard in alpha trim level)
- Smart key (keyless start) : 90% (standard in alpha trim level)
- HDD navi with 180º rear camera & internavi : 62%
- White : 42%
- Silver : 17%
- Black : 12%
- Dark green : 12%
- Blue : 7%
- Red : 7%
- Orange : 3%
You can also read the news (in Japanese) on Honda's site.
Last edited by JeffX on
March 24, 2010 08:30