Acura 2007 Model Year Change Summary
Date: August 01, 2006 11:34
Acura is one of the most innovative nameplates in the industry, capturing luxury consumers who are looking for the latest technologies to enhance the driving experience and their life. Key technologies like HandsFreeLink® Bluetooth connectivity, Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ and AcuraLink™ with real time traffic make Acura the leader in putting useful technologies into the hands of customers. For 2007, Acura continues this leadership by adding the latest in cutting-edge technologies to several key models, including the RDX, MDX, RL and TL.
The 2007 Acura lineup of performance luxury sedans and SUV’s builds on the excitement of a milestone 2006 model year, highlighted by record sales and the 20th Anniversary of the Acura brand. For 2007, three Acura models take center stage: the all-new RDX entry premium SUV, the completely redesigned MDX luxury SUV and the significantly upgraded TL performance luxury sedan.
The RDX features Acura’s first ever turbocharged engine and the groundbreaking Super Handling-All Wheel Drive™, first introduced on the RL sedan. The RDX is equipped with a 2.3-liter i-VTEC® turbocharged engine, generating 240 hp and 260 ft lbs of torque – the most of any Acura. Right on the heels of the RDX is the all-new, MDX, which will once again raise the bar in the luxury SUV category.
In addition, the best-selling TL sedan receives significant changes for the 2007 model year, which include major performance and styling enhancements. The 2007 RL adds several new interior features and two new trim packages giving technologically savvy consumers exactly what they are looking for. Continuing Acura’s commitment to ‘Safety Through Innovation’ the 2007 TSX receives additional safety equipment.
The Acura RL continues to be one of the most technologically advanced vehicles on the road, garnering accolades from top technical outlets like CNET and PC Magazine. New for 2007, the RL now comes equipped with an available rearview camera, plus standard MP3 auxiliary jack and passenger seatbelt reminder. Additionally, two new trim packages are available:
- 2007 RL with Technology Package: in addition to the standard features, new package adds Acura satellite navigation system, AcuraLink™ with real time traffic, rearview camera, Active Front Lighting and upgraded wood interior
- 2007 RL with Technology Package plus CMBS/PAX tires: new package adds the Collision Mitigation Braking System and PAX Run-flat tires to the Technology Package
Additional changes for 2007:
- New exterior color Platinum Silver replaces Celestial Silver and Meteor Silver
A significantly upgraded TL will debut in fall 2006. Additional information regarding the TL will become available on 9/1/06.
- Significant minor model change
- Powertain enhancements
- Restyled exterior
- New interior refinements
- Additional technology features
The TSX continues to be a hot seller for Acura, winning over customers who are looking for sporty performance, a stylish exterior and the latest in technology. Last year, the TSX was named to Car & Driver’s 10Best list for the third consecutive year.
After receiving several enhancements last year, the 2007 TSX receives the following safety upgrade for 2007:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
With the arrival of Acura’s new RDX 5-passenger Entry Premium SUV, this emerging market segment gets a decidedly “connected” spin. Not only does this all-new SUV combine the immediate response of Acura’s first-ever turbocharged engine and the agile control of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD™), the RDX puts state-of-the-art communications, navigation and audio entertainment at the driver’s fingertips. And the RDX delivers it all in keeping with Acura’s long-established tradition of respect for crisp, contemporary styling and simple, intuitive operation that adds to the driving experience.
RDX includes the following standard features:
- All-new 5-passenger Entry Premium SUV
- Turbocharged 2.3-liter, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder
- 240 horsepower @ 6000 rpm and 260 lbs-ft at 4500 rpm
- 5-speed automatic with F1®-style Sequential SportShift paddle shifters and Grade Logic Control
- Super Handling All-Wheel Drive TM (SH-AWD TM)
- 60/40 fold flat rear seats
- 18” alloy wheel
- 360-watt Acura Premium Sound System with AM/FM tuner, 6-disc in-dash CD, MP3, WMA, and 7 speakers\auxiliary jack
In addition, RDX with optional Technology Package adds the following features:
- Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™ and rearview camera
- AcuraLink™ satellite communication system with real-time traffic
- HandsFreeLink® wireless telephone interface
- 410-watt Acura/ELS Surround® Premium 10-speaker Sound System with 6-disc CD, DVD-Audio, DTS® and Dolby® Pro Logic® II
- GPS-linked, solar-sensing, dual-zone automatic climate control system
- Auxiliary information display
The all-new 2007 Acura MDX will debut in fall 2006. Additional information regarding MDX will appear on 9/1/06
- Full model change
- Track-tuned development
- Best in class V-6 engine
- Super Handing-All Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD TM)
- Bold, innovative styling
- Cutting-edge technology
We've just received this bulletin from an Acura dealer:
Effective August 1, 2006, the Destination and Handling (D&H) charge will increase from $615 to $670 for all Acura models.
This $55 increase will be applied to all vehicles assigned from August 1, 2006. Destination and Handling charges will remain $615 for all vehicles assigned through August 1, 2006.
Last edited by JeffX on
August 01, 2006 14:16