AEM Releases its Cold Air Intake System For the Manual-Transmission Honda Fit!
Date: July 20, 2006 12:17
AEM Press Release
AEM is proud to introduce its Cold Air intake system for 2006 manual-transmission equipped Honda Fits (part# 21-518)! Dyno results and a description of AEM’s dyno and temperature testing procedures are on the company’s website at www.aempower.com. AEM air induction systems are manufactured and assembled in the U.S.A. and are dyno-proven to outperform every intake system on the market. Every AEM intake system includes mandrel-bent, lightweight aircraft aluminum piping with TIG-welded fittings and brackets, AEM’s revolutionary DRYFLOW synthetic performance air filter, the first performance air filter that does not require oiling to filter and trap dirt and contaminants (more DRYFLOW key features can be found below), complete installation hardware, comprehensive installation instructions, license plate frame and AEM decals.
DRYFLOW Air Filter Key Features:
- Will NOT void your vehicle’s warranty! No oil eliminates chance of over-oiling, which could foul Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF)
- Element is cleanable and is Guaranteed for Life!
- The DRYFLOW Synthetic filter’s unique non-woven polyester filter media is independently tested at over 98% initial filtration efficiency (99.4% cumulative efficiency) based on SAE J276 JUN93 Fine Dust Air Cleaner Test Code procedures. Oiled filter initial efficiency is typically 90% to 95% efficient.
- The DRYFLOW Synthetic filter delivers superior filtration and equal performance (compared to an oiled filter) on every intake tested!
- AEM’s unique non-woven filter media never needs oil! This means less down time between cleanings and no more chance of over-oiling.
- A neutral gray filter color complements our mirror-polished and silver powdercoat finishes, and hides the dirt that it keeps out of your engine.
- A mineral reinforced plastic interior cage increases structural rigidity—it’s virtually impossible to collapse! No mesh screen means no more filter damage from bumps during installation or cleaning and no corrosion damage.
All AEM Cold Air systems are C.A.R.B.-exempt or pending C.A.R.B exemption, and carry a lifetime warranty. AEM’s Cold Air induction systems are available powdercoated in red, blue and silver, or in a mirror-polished finish.
AEM products are Engineered To Outperform. The company designs and manufactures high-quality street and race performance products that are distributed worldwide. AEM headquarters is based in Hawthorne, California.
Last edited by JeffX on
July 20, 2006 12:25