Date: April 02, 2013 15:39
Honda Press Release
New Accord Continues to Drive Honda Sales in March; Big Acura Sales Jump Fueled by Record-Setting RDX and All-New RLXHonda Division sales up 5.3 percent, Acura sales up 26.3 percent
04/02/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif
American Honda today reported March 2013 U.S. sales of 136,038 units, an increase of 7.1 percent compared with March 2012 (up 11.1 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). The Honda brand posted March 2013 sales of 121,938 units, an increase of 5.3 percent compared with March 2012. Acura U.S. March sales of 14,100 units increased 26.3 percent compared with March 2012.
- The award-winning new Accord continues to rack up impressive sales numbers, trumping the segment in retail sales, up 36.4 percent from last March with sales of 36,504 units
- The Civic was the Honda brand's second best-selling model, posting March sales of 27,665
- The redesigned 2013 Crosstour sees third consecutive month of sales growth, and along with Pilot, each model enjoyed sales gains of more than 11 percent from last March
"Our core models, Civic, Accord, CR-V and Odyssey, continue to lead the industry where it counts, in retail sales," said John Mendel, executive vice president of Sales at American Honda. "It's particularly rewarding to see Accord and Civic winning new customers against a headwind of competitor incentives and value-reducing fleet sales."
- RDX sets its eleventh-consecutive monthly sales record, up 284.8 percent from last March, and is the top-selling Acura model in March with sales of 3,875 units
- Sales of the all-new flagship RLX sedan, which went on-sale March 15, are off to a solid start with 336 units sold
- TL was the top selling Acura sedan in March with sales of 3,080 units, ILX sales continue to bolster Acura totals with sales of 2,059 units
"As we close in on a full year of sales, it's clear that the RDX is an undisputed success," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura Sales. "With the all-new RLX off to a great start and a redesigned MDX coming soon, expect great things from Acura this year."
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 27 days for March 2013 and 28 days for March 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 76 days for 2013 and 77 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
Last edited by JeffX on
April 02, 2013 15:44