Acura Announces Pricing for All-New 2005 RL
Date: October 01, 2004 08:40
Acura's Top-of-the-line Sedan Receives New Styling, 300 HP Engine, Super Handling All-Wheel Drive and Real Time Traffic System
TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 1 -- The all-new Acura RL luxury
performance sedan, featuring updated styling, more horsepower, a
groundbreaking all-wheel drive system and exclusive electronic equipment, will be priced at $48,900 in the 48 contiguous states Acura announced today. The all-new RL will go on sale October 14 at Acura dealers nationwide. It will be sold in one fully-appointed trim model with no available factory options.
While RL prices reflect a 7.2 percent increase, or $3,300, compared to last year, the 2005 model features a long list of enhancements, new features and industry firsts marking a dramatic improvement compared to the previous 3.5 RL.
The 2005 RL boasts the most powerful engine ever in an Acura, a
300-horsepower V-6 that delivers an increase of 75 horsepower compared to the 2004 3.5 RL. It also debuts Acura's Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ system (SH-AWD™), which proactively distributes torque between not only the front and rear wheels, but also between the left and right rear wheels for nimble handling and increased traction on all road surfaces. It comes equipped with a 5-speed Sequential SportShift™ automatic transmission with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
Inside, the sophisticated cabin features an assortment of class-leading electronics. The RL is the first vehicle in North America to offer real time traffic capability. This groundbreaking feature is integrated into the AcuraLink satellite communications system and uses the XM NavTraffic service to acquire up-to-the-minute traffic information, including accidents, road work and flow (traffic speed), which is then displayed on the RL's 8-inch navigation system screen. Other standard interior features include an Acura/Bose® DVD-Audio system, which provides surround sound to all seating positions, the HandsFreeLink wireless telephone interface, and the Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition, which, for 2005, has been upgraded to provide quicker start up and route search times, more points of interest
and access to the Zagat Restaurant Guide. XM® Satellite Radio (with a one-year trial subscription) is also standard equipment.
As part of Acura's commitment to Safety for Everyone, the RL incorporates a wide array of the latest safety technologies including four channel Vehicle Stability Assist and dual stage, dual threshold front airbags. Importantly, it is the first Acura to feature the innovative Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure, which helps disperse collision forces over a larger frontal area to provide better protection for vehicle occupants.
Dramatically redesigned exterior styling complements a wider, more
muscular stance accented by wide, 17-inch alloy wheels. In front, a
dramatically sloping hood leads down to an aggressive front fascia highlighted by a five-sided Acura grille. A sleek cockpit, a forward sloping beltline and a short deck lid accent the RL's pronounced wedge shape, making it look fast from any angle.
2005 Acura RL Highlights
- World's first Super Handling All-Wheel Drive System™ (SH-AWD™)
- 3.5 liter VTEC V-6 engine -- 300 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque
- 5-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift, steering
wheel-mounted paddle-shifters and Grade Logic Control
- CARB-certified LEV2-ULEV emissions system
Body & Chassis
- Unit-body with extensive use of high-tensile steel and aluminum
- Independent front double-wishbone suspension with independent
- Active Front Lighting System (AFS) with Xenon High-Intensity Discharge
- 4-wheel disc brakes with 4-piston front calipers, ABS, Electronic
Brake Force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition&tm; (standard in the 48 contiguous states and Hawaii)
- AcuraLink&tm; satellite communication system with real time traffic
- Leather-trimmed seating and genuine wood dashboard trim
- Acura/BOSE® 10-speaker Surround Sound System with 6-disc CD, DVD-Audio and DTS&tm; changer and AM/FM tuner
- Active Noise Cancellation
- HandsFreeLink&tm; wireless telephone interface
- OnStar® digital/analog tri-modal system
- Keyless Access System
- GPS-linked, solar sensing, dual-zone, dual-mode automatic climate
- Power moonroof
- Power rear sunshade
Pricing for 2005 Acura RL
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure
- Dual-stage, dual-threshold front airbag Supplemental Restraint System
- Driver's and front passenger's side airbag with front passenger
Occupant Position Detection System
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®) with traction control
* RL models sold in Hawaii and Alaska will not include XM® Satellite
Radio or the AcuraLink™ communication system
SOURCE: American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- Models sold in 48 contiguous states $48,900
- Models sold in Alaska and Hawaii* $48,165
- Destination and handling charge (all 50 states) $570
Last edited by JeffX on
October 11, 2004 15:46