Date: March 17, 2004 10:08
Soon after I posted the news item regarding the latest buzz on upcoming products, I received a bit more (unofficial) information on expected changes for the 2005 Acura RL. Here's an updated summary:
- 300HP 3.5L V-6
- AWD (VTM4)
- Aluminum body parts, including hood, roof, trunklid
- Sized larger than 5-series/E-class, but smaller than 7-series/S-class. Perhaps to be positioned against Lexus GS or Infiniti M45.
- "Smartkey" for door, ignition, and trunk
- Sportshift with steering wheel mounted "paddle" controls
- Adaptive headlights (move with the steering)
- Adaptive cruise control
- Power rear seats
- "Stunning" interior
We've also received the following information regarding the available colors and accessories:
Exterior Colors: Desert Mist, Deep Blue, Meteor Silver, Ruby Royal Red, Medium Silver, Silver Metallic, Premium White,
Graphite Pearl, Nighthawk Black.
Interior Colors: Black, Grey, Beige.
Available Accessories: All Season mats front and rear, trunk net and tray, wood steering wheel and shift knob, back up sensors, gold emblems, door visors, nose mask, color matched splash guards, rear deck lid spoiler, +1 chrome look wheels, and A-SPEC (wheels, tires +1, suspension, and deck lid spoiler).
Last edited by JeffX on
March 17, 2004 11:51