2022 Honda Civic Si is arriving in showrooms
Date: November 30, 2021 09:00
We've heard that a few people have already taken delivery of their 2022 Civic Sis, including our friends at Hondata. Honda already filled us in on a few technical details as well as some pricing, but here are a few more technical highlights that we have learned about this version (the 9th edition) of the Civic Si.
- The 1.5 liter turbocharged engine now features VTEC on the exhaust side
- Honda has gone from a dual-mass flywheel, to a single-mass design which is 26% lighter and enabled them to add the rev-match feature that was previously exclusive to the Type R
- The updated 1.5T also features a 4-2 port exhaust cylinder head feeding a new twin-scroll turbocharger
- 2022 Civic Si gets a redesigned shifter mechanism that is stiffer internally, with 10% shorter throws with stiffer springs for a sportier and more precise feel. The Si's shifter is also set closer to the driver than the shifter in the hatchback
- The new dual outlet exhaust system uses coiled silencers resulting in an increase in flow of 27% vs the Civic EX
- Active Sound Control (ASC) has been updated, and cannot be defeated from Sport mode
- New body structure is 8% stiffer torsionally, 2% stiffer in lateral rigidity, 13% stiffer in bending rigidity. Front and rear damper mount rigidity is increased by 18% and 27%, respectively.
- 22 Si gets an aluminum hood for the first time.
- The 2022 Si employs front and rear compliance bushings from the Type R, and also uses the Type R's upper and lower rear B-arms.
- The Si now features an "individual" driving mode, allowing the user to decouple the engine mode (normal/sport) from the steering mode (base or strong).
- The 2022 Si is available in the following colors: Blazing Orange Pearl, Sonic Gray Pearl, Rallye Red, Aegean Blue, Platinum White Pearl, and Crystal Black Pearl
- An HPD pack is available but is strictly a cosmetic upgrade package
Last edited by JeffX on
November 30, 2021 19:04