Date: August 02, 2016 11:01
Honda Press Release
Aug 2, 2016 - TORRANCE, Calif.
- American Honda sets new all-time record for total truck sales and a July record for total vehicle sales
- Honda Division truck sales reach an all-time monthly high with 68,518 sold, an increase of 12.2 percent
- Honda CR-V shatters all-time monthly record on sales of 36,017, a 13.3 percent increase
- Honda Civic sets new July record; joined by the Accord with sales of over 31,000 units
- New 2017 MDX and NSX deliveries boost Acura in July
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported July sales of 152,799 Honda and Acura vehicles, a 4.4 percent gain over last July and a new July record. Total American Honda truck sales set a new all-time monthly record of 77,740 sales to jump 10.1 percent. The Honda Division set a new July total vehicle sales record, rising 5.9 percent on sales of 139,125, while Honda trucks set an all-time monthly record with a 12.2 percent increase on sales of 68,518 vehicles. Honda car sales were up 0.4 percent for the month, netting 70,607 sales. The Acura Division, though gaining momentum with the launch of key new models, posted July sales of 13,674, a decrease of 8.3 percent versus last year.
With strong retail customer demand driving Honda's record U.S. production in the first half of 2016, Honda sales posted another record in July with continued strong demand for both cars and trucks. CR-V shattered its all-time sales record while the new Ridgeline pickup had a strong first full month of sales even as production continues to ramp up. Pilot and HR-V also were up as Honda trucks set a new all-time sales mark for the month. The new Civic continued its remarkable run with another record month in July.
- CR-V sales rose to an all-time monthly record of 36,017 sales in July, an increase of 13.3 percent over last year
- The Honda Civic broke a July sales record set in 2013, rising 5.8 percent on sales of 32,952 units
- Accord sales again topped 30,000 units, keeping sales of Honda's three core models on track to top 1,000,000 units for the fourth consecutive year
- Increases for both Fit and HR-V topped 25 percent in July while Pilot gained 8 percent
"The strong cadence of new Honda products we continue to bring to market has created extraordinary retail demand that is unprecedented in our history," said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division. "With the Civic Hatchback on the way along with our step-by-step effort to fortify our truck business, we will continue to grow our sales through individual car buyers."
The Acura brand's renewed commitment to Precision Crafted Performance continues to take shape in dealer showrooms with the first deliveries of the all-new Acura NSX and the refreshed 2017 Acura MDX – the first model to reflect the new design direction that debuted with the Acura Precision Concept. On the market just five weeks, the newly-refreshed 2017 MDX posted strong sales of 4,902 units in July despite inventory issues related to the ramp-up of production. The NSX has brought high energy and excitement to Acura showrooms as the world's first customers of NSX begin to take delivery of the only supercar made in America.
"The first deliveries of the all-new Acura NSX are electrifying Acura showrooms and generating tremendous excitement for all Acura customers," said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda. "Showcasing the Acura brand's new design direction, the 2017 MDX is the next step in our commitment to deliver on Precision Crafted Performance."
Last edited by JeffX on
May 16, 2018 19:15