American Honda Reports June Sales Increase, Setting New Records for Light Trucks
Date: July 03, 2016 13:43
Honda Press Release
Jul 1, 2016
- AHM and Honda Division set new June sales records for light trucks as the all-new 2017 Ridgeline launches
- Honda CR-V leads with new June sales record
- Honda cars continue to show gains, with across-the-board increases in June
- Acura NSX deliveries begin and the redesigned 2017 Acura MDX hits the market
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported June sales of 138,715 Honda and Acura vehicles, a year-over-year increase of 3.2 percent and a new June record for light trucks which gained 2.2 percent on sales of 68,780. Honda division trucks also set a new June record, jumping 6.6 percent on sales of 61,469 vehicles while Honda cars enjoyed an even greater increase, rising 7.7 percent on sales of 65,894 units. Acura division sales totaled 11,352 in June, a decrease of 26.9 percent versus last year. Total American Honda six-month sales of Honda and Acura vehicles are up 5.2 percent versus year-ago results.
Continued robust demand for both cars and light trucks pushed the Honda brand to strong June results, including a new June record for trucks and substantial gains for Honda cars. On the truck side, sales of CR-V reached a new all-time June record, while Pilot and Odyssey each made notable gains for the month and the all-new 2017 Ridgeline got off to a strong start in its first weeks on the market. The hot-selling Civic nearly reached 32,000 sales while Accord topped 28,000 for the month, with added support from the just-launched 2017 Accord Hybrid.
- The all-new 2017 Honda Ridgeline pickup notched a robust 2,472 sales after just over one week on the market.
- CR-V, America's best-selling SUV over the past 20 years, set a new June sales record, rising 4.5 percent on sales of 29,615 units.
- The 10th-generation Civic lit up the compact car segment with another double-digit gain, posting sales of 31,810 for a gain of 10.7 percent in June.
- Accord posted a 4.8 percent increase for the month on sales of 28,806 as Honda celebrated the 40th birthday of the model, America's best-selling car over the past 40 years. The award-winning Accord lineup was joined this month by the all-new 2017 Accord Hybrid, boasting the highest EPA fuel economy ratings and most horsepower of any midsize hybrid sedan.
"With the all new Ridgeline pickup and the redesigned Accord Hybrid back in the lineup, we're continuing to expand and strengthen our portfolio as we look toward a third straight year of record results," said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division.
After the recent sell-down of 2016 RDX and MDX and 2017 models starting to fill the pipeline, Acura posted a 26.9 percent decline in June on sales 11,352 vehicles. With a newly refreshed 2017 Acura MDX hitting the ground and a special summer sales campaign launching soon, Acura looks toward an improving summer sales picture.
"With initial deliveries of the NSX under way and the redesigned 2017 MDX now hitting showrooms, we're looking ahead to a strong second half of the year," said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division.
Last edited by JeffX on
May 16, 2018 19:34