Date: October 01, 2014 12:48
Honda Press Release
10/01/2014 - TORRANCE, Calif.
- Hot new Acura TLX powers an 18.8 percent division increase with 3,884 September sales
- Acura RDX posted its best-ever September with sales of 3,230, rising 6.9 percent for the month and helping Acura trucks to its best September on record
- New Honda Fit achieves best September ever on sales of 6,628 units, up 66.5 percent
- Honda CR-V also sets new September record, rising 10.6 percent on sales of 23,722
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported September 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 118,223 units, an increase of 12.0 percent versus September of last year. The Honda division had its best September since 2007 with sales of 104,391 vehicles, while Acura posted sales of 13,832 units in the same period. Acura trucks posted its best-ever September, rising 6.8 percent vs. 2013. Year-to-date total American Honda sales reached 1,160,605 vehicles.
The Honda brand showed considerable strength across its broad lineup in September, with nearly every model gaining for the month and two models—Fit and CR-V—setting new September records. Overall, the Honda brand was up 11.2 percent, the division's best post-recession September – since 2007.
- The outgoing 2014 CR-V enjoyed its best-ever September, with sales of 23,722 yielding a 10.6 percent increase for the month. The new 2015 CR-V, featuring enhanced styling, a new powertrain and a host of safety features, went on-sale today.
- The new 2015 Honda Fit, now produced in North America, surpassed its popular predecessor by posting a new September record with sales of 6,628, an increase of 66.5 percent over the same period in 2013.
- Honda Accord gained sharply for the ninth straight month, rising 30.9 percent on sales of 32,956 units.
- Odyssey also showed strength with an increase of 13.7 percent, posting sales of 8,769 units in September.
"With all core Honda models now made in North America the Honda brand is continuing to gain strength with American car buyers," said Jeff Conrad, Honda division senior vice president and general manager. "And with the redesigned 2015 Honda CR-V going on sale today we expect our momentum to continue to grow as step-by-step we reinforce our light truck lineup."
Less than two months on the market and without full supply of the three-model lineup at dealerships, the all-new 2015 Acura TLX luxury performance sedan sparked an 18.8 percent sales surge for the luxury brand, boosting division sales to 13,832 for September over the same month in 2013. TLX sales were second only to the Acura MDX within the entire division, followed by another record performance by the RDX, with the luxury SUVs pushing Acura truck sales to a new September record.
- The hot-selling new TLX posted sales of 3,884 in September to become Acura's best-selling sedan and second best-selling vehicle, already approaching segment leaders in only its first full month on the market.
- ILX sales were also up in September, adding 7.4 percent with sales of 1,464 units.
- Acura truck sales set a new September record, rising 6.8 percent on sales of 8,097 vehicles.
- Acura's RDX rose 6.9 percent to post its best-ever September for the brand on sales of 3,230 units.
- MDX sales increased 7.2 percent with 4,864 units sold in September, continuing to solidify its place as the best-selling three-row luxury SUV in America.
"With the MDX and RDX as the best one-two punch in the luxury SUV segment, the TLX is proving to be the knockout punch we've been looking for in the luxury sedan arena," said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. "The TLX is attracting so much attention online and showroom traffic at our dealers that we don't yet know the car's true potential."
# # #
Last edited by JeffX on
October 01, 2014 14:30