[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Honda recalling 232,000 2018 Accords and 2019 Insights for rear camera software update
2019 Accord arriving in showrooms by November
Is a base trim of the Civic Type R finally arriving for MY 2019? (More MY2019 info inside)
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
Type R --> Re: Top Gear: Here's what seven months living with a Honda Civic Type R is like
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hydrogen vs Battery-tanks
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: So they took apart a Tesla 3 and found.......
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord 2.0 Touring: First Impressions
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 United States Grand Prix Race Spoilers
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> New status symbol: Dream garages
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Honda to bring mystery off-road truck to 2018 SEMA
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: European CO2 madness and why electromobility is pointless
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CR-V Hybrid 4wd iMMD
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The Dirt on Clean Electric Cars
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Drove one over the weekend...
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers
Join Discussion......
S2000 --> Bridgewater Acura Meet
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 MotoGP
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Is this our first look at the 4-cylinder Crosstour? > > Re: "Accord Crosstour" vs. "Crosstour"

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

FondaHonda
Profile for FondaHonda
"Accord Crosstour" vs. "Crosstour" [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-31-2011 15:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It would be a mistake to drop "Accord" from the "Accord Crosstour" name, I think, as the inclusion shows the combined number of sales each month/per year.
NorCalSales
Profile for NorCalSales
Re: "Accord Crosstour" vs. "Crosstour" [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2011 13:45
They have no intentions of redesigning the Crosstour next year along with the Accord so it makes perfect sense.

It also dilutes the brand name of the Accord having such a pig of a car tied to it's name. Wait...was that out loud?

aznxthuggie
Profile for aznxthuggie
Re: "Accord Crosstour" vs. "Crosstour" [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2011 17:59
When you say they won't redesign the crosstour, did you mean they are make it it's own model? or that they're thinking about discontinuing it?
rocky
Profile for rocky
Re: "Accord Crosstour" vs. "Crosstour" [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2011 18:11
Apart from the Honda badge, I doubt there are many common elements between the Accord Sedan and the Crosstour.

Tying it to the Accord name is probably the only thing keeping it alive. Take that away and it will die on the vine.

Lets hope for a MMC.

Lets hope even more that Honda has learned a lesson with the Crosstour/RDX and other styling disasters like the Ridgeline and second gen Pilot.

Only time will tell.

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: "Accord Crosstour" vs. "Crosstour" [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2011 01:34
I can guarantee that Honda hasn't learned its lesson. They're full on boner'd up on cost reductions to keep pace with Toyota and VW - and their designs are showing it inside and out. These simpler ugly designs are easier to mfr and assemble. The result is lots of ugly plastic.
George Knighton
Profile for George Knighton
Re: "Accord Crosstour" vs. "Crosstour" [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2011 08:03
integrator wrote:
They're full on boner'd up on cost reductions to keep pace with Toyota and VW - and their designs are showing it inside and out. These simpler ugly designs are easier to mfr and assemble. The result is lots of ugly plastic.

I don't know if they're all that concerned with saving money.

The Accord and Crosstour are both still, after all, double wishbones on the front.

I thought for sure they'd build the Crosstour off of one of the money saving McPherson designs, like the Ridgeline, but if you look under there you'll see the Accord's double wishbones.

The near future will be interesting. Honda and Toyota both have drastically reduced profits because of the Japanese disasters that have kept Japanese factories off line and have kept US factories from getting parts from Japan that they need to finish their cars coming off the assembly lines.

I'm not sure how they're going to handle the near future. We can only hope they both keep their heads and don't make big mistakes trying to make up the money for their stockholders too quickly than is reasonable.

NorCalSales
Profile for NorCalSales
Re: "Accord Crosstour" vs. "Crosstour" [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2011 12:36
aznxthuggie wrote:
When you say they won't redesign the crosstour, did you mean they are make it it's own model? or that they're thinking about discontinuing it?

Right now when I locate a Crosstour I look under Crosstours, when I search a Civic Si I look under Civics. The car also has it's own model codes already. Crosstour is on it's way to being an independant model, one that needed a 4 cyl. varient to bolster it's FE numbers.

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: "Accord Crosstour" vs. "Crosstour" [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2011 10:31
NorCalSales - you have the mind of a sleuth.
EXV6
Profile for EXV6
Re: "Accord Crosstour" vs. "Crosstour" [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2011 13:22
Whatever the name, this model should be canned. It is so friggin' fugly. I rarely see any on the road so they can't be selling well.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0