[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 08:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Damnit...JV has just retired on lap 12...wouldn't it be nice if BAR gave him a car THAT WOULD FINISH THE RACE!@!!?!!??!
SonyFever
Profile for SonyFever
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 08:37
I turned off the TV already.... what a disappointing race!!!
I don't know what to say about the collision between Button and Coultard. It was a great shame for Button.

The game is over. Next GP.

floundericiousMI
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 08:39
Well, I'm not quite there yet...

If BAR threw a ton of fuel on board and told Jenson: "Go! Quickly!" he might be able to salvage 8th..and that'd be a big morale saver for the team, if they can fight back to the points after dropping like that...

civic_cx_92
Profile for civic_cx_92
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 08:44
Lap 35...
What eats me up is they get beat by pair of Toyotas.

floundericiousMI
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 08:53
ok now we SHOULD turn it off...

Jenson either has damage (doubt it) or has given up mentally...

His lap times earlier were 1m23.9s and less
Now they're 1m25+

....edit...

what the hell???? for ~10 laps there he was in the 1'25s range...now he's back in the 1m23s range?????? *sigh* this is agonizing...btw..great job by alonso today!

Last edited by floundericiousMI on 05-04-2003 08:58
cloud7
Profile for cloud7
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 09:07
Very disappointing once again for Jacques... his BAR has failed him. From the interview during the race, he was furious with the situation. BAR has got to work on the reliability of the car. It was clearly very frustrating for him... he had more fuel in the car during qualifying than Button with made him looked like a fool and now this... he was in good position to score some points.

rnd
Profile for rnd
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 09:32
I could only see this race as an opportunity to get Honda more frustrated, and for them to put more pressure for a more Honda-Honda team.
floundericiousMI
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 09:36
actually it appeared to be a Honda failure, from what has been reported..smoke pouring out of the BAR

However..it was black smoke..so that would be something other than oil or water...if a fuel leak formed on one of the TBs or something *shrug* it could have been a trans failure again with the transfer case catching fire, but I doubt it...

SonyFever
Profile for SonyFever
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 09:39
All I can say is that it is even more annoying to see Jenson narrowly miss the point after the drop-back. Sigh.... I think the car's performance is fine and the drivers are good, but the team couldn't put things together in race.

I have to say Renault were really extraordinary all weekend. Their race pace was on par with the holy F2003 GA. This maybe partly because of the Michelin tires, but the car must be excellent. Renault, especially Alonso, has stolen the show(from Ferrari). I guess we will read a lot about him in the future.

HONDAPOWA!!
Profile for HONDAPOWA!!
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 10:01
Truly a very dissapointing race, we didnt get into the points, got lapped by a Toyota, and lapped twice by a Renault. Very, very sad. I think if all of that BS hadn't taken place, BAR would have finished between 4th and 6th, but one thing remains clear, we have to continue pushing, and that chassis, despite all the praise it has received, must also be developed to compete with at least the Renaults. I think today the Bar Hondas were as fast as the Toyotas, for they really had a very good balance, they handled very well. I also noticed Button's drop off in performance which was dissapointing. He could have taken Firman but he really did not try. I definitely would like to see Alonso in a BAR, that driver really is good, just as good as Raikonnen or a shade off. Here's hoping for Honda domination at Austria which is a power track!!
onecrx
Profile for onecrx
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 10:09
Alonso? I would rather see Michael Shumacher evaluate the BAR package and set some people right; I mean if we're going to dream lets really dream !!!
GGG
Profile for GGG
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 10:21
Well, form the begining of the year I've been saying the same thing. First you all said Alonso was just a lucky man, now he's as fast as Raikonnen. Me I think he's now the better driver out there, maybe the better one after Sena. But we'll see. I don't think Renault is so close to Ferrari, but after this race, I really think they've won the credit to be recognized as a top team. And in my opinion, this is mostly because of Alonso.
This guy is not only quick, he's really the first driver we've see in maby years that can be really faster than others with a really slower car, he really makes "a difference".
Should he be on BAR, I think we will be in the battle for podiums. Renault is already in the battle for wins, and Trulli has only scored 9 points...

Think what you want, but for me, Schumi's days are really taking to an end.

GGG
Profile for GGG
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 10:23
Sorry, double post

Last edited by GGG on 05-04-2003 10:25
GGG
Profile for GGG
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 10:29
Didn't you guy's realized the gap evolution between Schumi and Alonso ??? After the stops, Schmumaker was really faster, but then after 7 or 8 laps, the Renault started catching him really quick.

For me, this clearly shows also the big disadvantage on tyres of Bridgestone in this race. Their tyres just didn't last enought.

[VTEC-16]
Profile for [VTEC-16]
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 10:51
god hates villneuve....coulthard hates button

:(

SonyFever
Profile for SonyFever
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 12:53
HONDAPOWA!! wrote:
I also noticed Button's drop off in performance which was dissapointing. He could have taken Firman but he really did not try.

Button lost 3rd and subsequently 4th gear during the last three laps...

HONDAPOWA!!
Profile for HONDAPOWA!!
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 14:22
I guess I'll ask my question again seeing as how this thread is receiving more attention than the other thread. Anyways, does anyone know what strategy Panis was on? He said he was on a two stopper but judging from his qually performance, it seemed that he was on a three stopper, so did it get changed in the first pit stop?
floundericiousMI
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 14:53
I saw that...but that has nothing to do with that 15 lap period in the middle of the race where he was EXTREMELY inconsistent from lap to lap...

Some laps he'd turn in a 1m22.9s lap...the next he'd do a 1m25.4s lap! *scratching head* He'd have a personal best sector in the third sector on one lap and then have a first sector of the following lap that was .6s off what he'd done the lap before!!!

That to me was just amazingly frustrating to watch! It was CLEAR that the BAR was capable of running quickly...but for some reason (or another) it never showed. The lowest common denominator I can think of is Jenson...so I put any blame I want to assign squarely on him.

It is not totally deserved, though. Jenson has done a good job this year...but I reserve the right to be very furious with him when he doesn't seem to put his whole heart into the effort!

Let's hope for the best for next race! :( damn my fantasy F1 is going to get whacked this time around LOL ;-)

pongkai
Profile for pongkai
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 16:36
@#*^$@@#&$*@$&#@^@#

This is getting old. JV's car breaks, Button screws his own race. How many more times do we have to go through this?

floundericiousMI
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 19:50
heeeey...cmon now ;-) How could it be getting old already? We've still got 12 races to go!!! :-D
[VTEC-16]
Profile for [VTEC-16]
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 21:21
alright guys....we have to calm down....realise the BAR wont do well...and just enjoy the spectacle.

I think we are expecting too much....its too early.

maybe next year....

floundericiousMI
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2003 10:41
Last year or the year before, I'd have accepted that...from what I've been privy to each year, I've had a good read on how competitive BAR looked. In particular, there was informal info on Honda's opinion of the latest BAR...this year they're actually a LOT happier with the car. But after early testing, they've backed off their estimation of the car from a front three car to a front five or six car. Given that, I reserve the right to be very upset with BAR (still supportive, mind you!) when they underachieve in a race!
pongkai
Profile for pongkai
Re: spanish gp underway...*spoilers*    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2003 15:56
Oh, definitely, I haven't given up hope, not by a long shot. I think BAR has a few more tricks up its sleeve. We've got a few surprises left. It's just that there's been too many "promising, yet unfulfilled" weekends, and it gets tiring! Anyway, when this bad luck streak ends, oooooh they better watch out!
floundericiousMI wrote:
heeeey...cmon now ;-) How could it be getting old already? We've still got 12 races to go!!! :-D

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0