[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
fasthonda
Profile for fasthonda
Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 08:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Spain: Qualifying session 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P. No Driver Team - Engine Tyres Times Ave/Gaps Laps
1. 1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari B 1'17"762 218.976 Km/h 3
2. 2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari B 1'18"020 + 0'00"258 3
3. 8 ALONSO Renault M 1'18"233 + 0'00"471 3
4. 7 TRULLI Renault M 1'18"615 + 0'00"853 3
5. 17 BUTTON BAR Honda B 1'18"704 + 0'00"942 3
6. 20 PANIS Toyota M 1'18"811 + 0'01"049 3
7. 4 R.SCHUMACHER Williams BMW M 1'19"006 + 0'01"244 3
8. 5 COULTHARD McLaren Mercedes M 1'19"128 + 0'01"366 3
9. 3 MONTOYA Williams BMW M 1'19"377 + 0'01"615 3
10. 10 FRENTZEN Sauber Petronas B 1'19"427 + 0'01"665 3
11. 16 VILLENEUVE BAR Honda B 1'19"563 + 0'01"801 3
12. 14 WEBBER Jaguar Cosworth M 1'19"615 + 0'01"853 3
13. 21 DA MATTA Toyota M 1'19"623 + 0'01"861 3
14. 9 HEIDFELD Sauber Petronas B 1'19"646 + 0'01"884 3
15. 12 FIRMAN Jordan Ford B 1'20"215 + 0'02"453 3
16. 15 PIZZONIA Jaguar Cosworth M 1'20"308 + 0'02"546 3
17. 11 FISICHELLA Jordan Ford B 1'20"976 + 0'03"214 3
18. 18 WILSON Minardi Cosworth B 1'22"104 + 0'04"342 3
19. 19 VERSTAPPEN Minardi Cosworth B 1'22"237 + 0'04"475 3
20. 6 RAIKKONEN McLaren Mercedes M 1'31"900 + 0'14"138 2

107% time : 1'23"205

Here we go again with those damn Ferraris on the front row!
Excellent drive by J Button.

Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 09:13
JB did well. The weak teammate again has outdone his highly rated teammate. I hope JV can make up some places to finish in the points and that JB will make up instead of lose places himself.
onecrx
Profile for onecrx
Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 10:00
I know I'm going to be flamed but I've held off till now. The sooner JV is gone the better for BAR and Honda.IMHO he's overpaid and is an underacheiver. BAR would be better off with T.Sato as a driver.Button is great but his team mate is nothing but a cry baby whiner who is "bleeding"off $$$ which would be better spent on developing the package.
LET THE FLAMING BEGIN.

ldvknight
Profile for ldvknight
Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 10:48
JV is on a heavier fuel load than JB, they are finally trying different stratedgy for both drivers.
NM1
Profile for NM1
Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 10:50
It's good you got that out of your system.

It is clear that JV is on a different strategy. This Barcelona were are talking about. Soft tyres and fuel is a huge advantage. JV's time is comparable to the times set by Williams and McLaren who traditionally have run heavy fuel loads in qualifying.

That being said, I think JB is the better driver this weekend. Excellent peformance.

Pocket Rocket
Profile for Pocket Rocket
Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results, JB is rocking!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 10:51
A big round of applause and a high rpm Vtec exhaust note for JB. He has really impressed me. JV's psychological warfare is having more of an impact on himself. Sato, I don't think so! Bridgestone has already given us crutches on all 4 corners, we don't need a fifth one in the centre. Hopefully the Bullockstones wear better on Spain's abrasive circuit than the Michelin's. Couple that with a slow to optimum temperature heat up for the Michelins and JB is in great shape. My biggest concern is our launch control and how it has ruined our starts and dampered the strategy. I really can't wait to see this ridiculous system outlawed. Anyways, I think a podium is not out of the question and I wish we were on a 1 stop even though we look great for a 2 stop. God that Honda engine sounds amazing :-)!
notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 10:54
Yes, this pleases me more than anything else. They seem to have realized they can't play a conservative game from the middle of the field.

All I ask for is steady progress. :-)

SC

ldvknight wrote:
JV is on a heavier fuel load than JB, they are finally trying different stratedgy for both drivers.

onecrx
Profile for onecrx
Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 11:01
The 2nd highest paid driver in Formula One and he has not really delivered the goods.If JV is not on the podium by Canada then I say "out with him" !....Ok I'm done with this subject.

HONDAPOWA!!
Profile for HONDAPOWA!!
Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 13:43
The speed of the Ferraris was absolutely breathtaking with their 325KPH on the straight!!!!!!!!! I really think that our engine is good enough, its just our aero/chassis which needs a lot more work to close the gap. Its funny how the Hob gobblin always has to spoil our fun, because after qualifying, he remarked on JB's qualifying performance by saying "...I really dont think that car or that engine is up to that level...". That guy truly is NASCRAP material.
pongkai
Profile for pongkai
and the details..    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 16:38
Looks like the radiator outlets are on both sides of the car now. Cannot forget the details! =O
HKUSP40C
Profile for HKUSP40C
Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 17:07
What were the top speeds of the BARs?

rnd
Profile for rnd
Re: and the details..    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 17:58
if youre right... must be for compensation for the extra heat, now that the engine has more power output... maybe the lack of cooling is why JV's car had an internal fire at Imola?

Although i cannot see a chiminey hole, you can still see that now the shape is similar to the left side.

[VTEC-16]
Profile for [VTEC-16]
Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 21:21
lets just hope that the ferraris have reliability problems, and panis holds off the rest of the competition.....

...........3RD PLACE FOR BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!

VUT
Profile for VUT
JV used T-Car !!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2003 23:57
Jenson Button will spearhead Lucky Strike B·A·R Honda's challenge in tomorrow's Spanish Grand Prix after posting the fifth fastest lap time in final qualifying. His team-mate Jacques Villeneuve just missed out on a top-10 grid slot to qualify 11th, which means that the two BAR cars will start the race from the third and sixth rows of the grid respectively.

Weather conditions at the Circuit de Catalunya remained warm and sunny as the qualifying hour got underway. Villeneuve was ninth in line to leave the pit lane to start his qualifying run, while Button emerged slightly later in the session in 16th place.

“I'm really pleased with fifth today,” Jenson said. “It felt like a quick lap but I did make a couple of mistakes. I pushed a bit too hard in some of the corners and got a bit of oversteer, but it's nothing that can't be sorted out for tomorrow. It's been a very positive weekend so far. We've made solid progress towards the race and that's shown itself in qualifying today. I think our strategy is the right way to go so I hope we can turn that into a good result for the team tomorrow.”

Meanwhile, Jacques opted for the T-car chassis for both free practice and qualifying, having struggled with his race car set-up during yesterday's running. He had an ‘off' at the close of this morning's session after developing oversteer and his car sustained substantial damage to the rear. However, race preparation was not affected as the team fits a race specification engine and rear end prior to final qualifying.

“It was a good clean lap; nothing special but I'm quite happy. Compared with yesterday, our two cars are a lot closer together considering our respective strategies,” Jacques said. “We were a little bit lost yesterday and the car was undriveable, but we've been able to work on that for today. I'm happy with our strategy and Jenson's lap showed that we have a good set-up going into the race. We're looking strong compared to other Bridgestone runners.”

“Both drivers can feel very satisfied with their grid positions given that they each intend to take a different strategy for the race tomorrow,” added Dave Richards. “It is encouraging for the entire team to see the steady progress we've been making since the start of the season.”

“We had a good problem-free morning and were able to concentrate on getting a good compromise set-up between new and old tyres and between a single lap and long runs,” said Geoffrey Willis, Technical Director. “Jacques started the day with the T-car chassis and we were able to make good progress towards improving his set-up, despite him going off towards the end of the morning session. We enjoyed a solid qualifying performance from both drivers and we go into tomorrow's race confident that we will be racing for points.”

“Qualifying on the third and sixth rows gives us a good chance to score some more points,” concluded Shuhei Nakamoto, Engineering Director, Honda Racing Development. “Overall the weekend has been encouraging for us so I'm quite positive about tomorrow and I'm sure both drivers will have a strong race."

Clarence
Profile for Clarence
Re: Spain; 2nd Qualifying session results.    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2003 02:36
Panis's TF103 moving chicane will be only good for about 5-8 laps before he will inevitably pit for fuel. Still, it will hopefully be advantageous for us! He'll need to do a really outstanding job for Button to get 3rd though lol

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0