[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX & Honda Passport
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Index: Acura #4

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Index: Acura #4    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-11-2011 12:23
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
J.D. Power and Associates Reports: Contrary to Popular Perception, Consumers Say Upselling of 'Unnecessary' Work by Auto Dealers is Rare
Luxury Brands
1. Lexus
2. Jaguar
3. Cadillac
4. Acura
-Industry Average-

Mass Market
1. Mini
2. GMC
3. Buick
4. Cherolet
10. Honda
-Industry Average-

Blue_Sky_surfer
Profile for Blue_Sky_surfer
Re: J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Index: Acura #4    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-11-2011 12:48
Despite some perceptions that auto dealerships routinely pressure customers to accept unnecessary maintenance or repair services, very few service customers indicate experiencing upselling by the dealer, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 U.S. Customer Service Index (CSI) Study(SM) released today.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Index: Acura #4    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2011 22:23
Blue_Sky_surfer wrote:
Despite some perceptions that auto dealerships routinely pressure customers to accept unnecessary maintenance or repair services, very few service customers indicate experiencing upselling by the dealer, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 U.S. Customer Service Index (CSI) Study(SM) released today.

No upselling? Hmmm. Why do both my '10 Honda and Acura products, with their oil life calculators, have dealer reminder stickers on the windshield telling me my oil needs to be changed in 3,000 miles? Selling to the naive and uninformed.

iNteGRaz92
Profile for iNteGRaz92
Re: J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Index: Acura #4    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2011 02:28
CanTex wrote:

No upselling? Hmmm. Why do both my '10 Honda and Acura products, with their oil life calculators, have dealer reminder stickers on the windshield telling me my oil needs to be changed in 3,000 miles? Selling to the naive and uninformed.

LOL. i was waiting for someone to try and spin this negatively. anywhere you take your car for an oil change, be it the dealer, or a local mechanic, they will always put a sticker on the windshield to remind you when your next oil change is. thanks for your post though, it made me laugh.

Restless
Profile for Restless
Re: J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Index: Acura #4    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2011 07:14
iNteGRaz92 wrote:
CanTex wrote:

LOL. i was waiting for someone to try and spin this negatively. anywhere you take your car for an oil change, be it the dealer, or a local mechanic, they will always put a sticker on the windshield to remind you when your next oil change is. thanks for your post though, it made me laugh.

3000 miles is ruducilious, what kind of oil are they using, "made in USSR" 30y ago?

$mooth
Profile for $mooth
Re: J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Index: Acura #4    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2011 09:03
CanTex wrote:

The dealership I went to when I lived in Austin put down 7500 miles later (in line w/ the manual for my 00 Accord). But in Indianapolis, all the dealerships put down 3000. I think an educated consumer is always key, no matter who you're dealing with.

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Index: Acura #4    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2011 09:06
iNteGRaz92 wrote:
CanTex wrote:

My Acura dealer's service techs placed a reminder sticker on the windshield of the RDX just once but it did read "15%". Without going into a lot of detail or history here, following the maintenance schedule in the manual or the MM is always best. My Honda and Acura dealer service departments are the best I've known provided I know and ask for exactly what I want and need.

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Index: Acura #4    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2011 14:15
$mooth wrote:
CanTex wrote:

The dealership I went to when I lived in Austin put down 7500 miles later (in line w/ the manual for my 00 Accord). But in Indianapolis, all the dealerships put down 3000. I think an educated consumer is always key, no matter who you're dealing with.

That's kinda my point - an educated consumer. Other than the folks on this forum, I believe that's a rare entity. Picture the sweet young lady in her 20s, maybe 30s, who has a car that starts and goes, and occasionally requires fuel. They have zero clue and rely on that nice friendly dealer service guy to tell them when the next oil change is needed. Ka-Ching! (Four examples in my family: two sons and two D.I.L.s - no amount of "discussion" on my part has gotten through. But when they see that windshield sticker, they pay attention to that. Sigh...)

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Index: Acura #4    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2011 14:38
CanTex wrote:
$mooth wrote:
CanTex wrote:

That's kinda my point - an educated consumer. Other than the folks on this forum, I believe that's a rare entity. Picture the sweet young lady in her 20s, maybe 30s, who has a car that starts and goes, and occasionally requires fuel. They have zero clue and rely on that nice friendly dealer service guy to tell them when the next oil change is needed. Ka-Ching! (Four examples in my family: two sons and two D.I.L.s - no amount of "discussion" on my part has gotten through. But when they see that windshield sticker, they pay attention to that. Sigh...)

For perspective, the trip computer on the Honda got to 15% at just under 9,000 miles. Just a little more than the 3,000 on the sticker. Every time I see the 3,000 I get angry - the dealer knows better. Oh, and while we're at it did you know that every area in the country is apparently considered a "severe conditions" area and therefore the dealer says we have to follow the Severe Service schedule? Brown Snow. I'm sorry, but modern cars are built for most climates. But sure, if you drive through daily dust storms, live in Fairbanks, or tow a trailer up mountains, yes you need to follow the Sever Service schedule. Not daily drivers almost everywhere in the country.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0