[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RL / Legend > > Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2010 20:14
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This came into our service department today, 134K, never seen winter. This car inside and out looks BRAND NEW.

This is the car that HAS to come back, the way this car presented it's self was just like it blasted through the room............BAM! I love this car. Series II engine.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2010 20:30
Oh why can't Honda settle on a direction and stick to it! The current RL is more a continuation of this model then the one in between them. Now IF Honda had concentrated on building on this car, instead of chopping and changing, where might the RLegendo be today??
superchg
Profile for superchg
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2010 21:09
The numb nuts marketing boys over at Acura couldn't even get the name right!

They took away the great Legend name and then called it an RL.
What the f--- were they thinking?

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2010 21:15
superchg wrote:
The numb nuts marketing boys over at Acura couldn't even get the name right!

They took away the great Legend name and then called it an RL.
What the f--- were they thinking?

They took it away in part because the "Legend" name was becoming more recognized then Acura..............REALLY, who cares as long as they were selling the car named LEGEND..........

Trip
Profile for Trip
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2010 21:38
GS with the Type II V6 :) Nice
The car is beautiful...

Trip
Profile for Trip
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2010 21:39
GS with the Type II V6 :) Nice
The car is beautiful...

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2010 21:49
HONDA AFVM wrote:
This came into our service department today, 134K, never seen winter. This car inside and out looks BRAND NEW.

This is the car that HAS to come back, the way this car presented it's self was just like it blasted through the room............BAM! I love this car. Series II engine.

Was it a 6MT? I have looked for one of those in good shape for years now. I could have had one when I bought my 1990 Accord, but I felt it was a bit out of my price range. I love the Accord for a lot of reasons, but I don't think I would have had a problem owning a GS sedan with 6MT. I still swoon when I see this generation. The proportioning was dead nuts on perfect. I see few cars today that are better proportioned, and it just had the clean, expensive, serious yet subtle look to it. And it had PERFECT RWD proportions. Even Audi hasn't duplicated it with the new platform, due to all the crash stuff, although they come close.

Oddly, it didn't have markedly improved weight distribution over the transverse cars that have followed it, and it was probably one of those Hondas that was remembered way fondly more than it would be accepted today.

I do wish that Honda would send their engineers to spend time in one though. If nothing else, they could come away with a better sense of style and proportion. And peerless build quality. I still find 200K plus Legends from this generation in IMMACULATE condition.

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2010 02:16
HONDA AFVM wrote:

For comparison's sake:

Last edited by RyanDL on 10-28-2010 15:52
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2010 05:00
OK, not only did I manage to screw up the thread by not clearing the quotes properly and then hitting submit by accident, I somehow managed to put in a banner ad as well.

Doh. Sorry guys.

The above - just for comparison to the old and new Legends.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2010 13:50
owequitit wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Was it a 6MT? I have looked for one of those in good shape for years now. I could have had one when I bought my 1990 Accord, but I felt it was a bit out of my price range. I love the Accord for a lot of reasons, but I don't think I would have had a problem owning a GS sedan with 6MT. I still swoon when I see this generation. The proportioning was dead nuts on perfect. I see few cars today that are better proportioned, and it just had the clean, expensive, serious yet subtle look to it. And it had PERFECT RWD proportions. Even Audi hasn't duplicated it with the new platform, due to all the crash stuff, although they come close.

Oddly, it didn't have markedly improved weight distribution over the transverse cars that have followed it, and it was probably one of those Hondas that was remembered way fondly more than it would be accepted today.

I do wish that Honda would send their engineers to spend time in one though. If nothing else, they could come away with a better sense of style and proportion. And peerless build quality. I still find 200K plus Legends from this generation in IMMACULATE condition.

It was an Auto.

There was a girl at our body shop who had a 95 Coupe with the Series II Plant in it 5 speed manual (they didn't have a 6 speed, or did they? too far back.) I about did everything to buy that car, offered her almost double the value, she wouldn't sell it. It was even a BLAH light green color, but the Leather was "Parchment", so I would have painted it Red, White or Black. The fucking thing got stolen 2 weeks after she told me NO, QUIT bugging me...........She wished she would have sold it to me, the insurance co gave her NOTHING for it.

Then our Acura took in a Red GS Coupe, Manual, 34,000 miles, they put it on line and a guy from Washington state bought it for some insane money and had it shipped COVERED to his house.......this was about 3 or 4 years ago. I remember I went over there to look at it. I almost beat the used car manager with a bat to steal it, but I figured that wouldn't have been a good career move LOL! This car was just incredible.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2010 14:02
HONDA AFVM wrote:
owequitit wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

It was an Auto.

There was a girl at our body shop who had a 95 Coupe with the Series II Plant in it 5 speed manual (they didn't have a 6 speed, or did they? too far back.) I about did everything to buy that car, offered her almost double the value, she wouldn't sell it. It was even a BLAH light green color, but the Leather was "Parchment", so I would have painted it Red, White or Black. The fucking thing got stolen 2 weeks after she told me NO, QUIT bugging me...........She wished she would have sold it to me, the insurance co gave her NOTHING for it.

Then our Acura took in a Red GS Coupe, Manual, 34,000 miles, they put it on line and a guy from Washington state bought it for some insane money and had it shipped COVERED to his house.......this was about 3 or 4 years ago. I remember I went over there to look at it. I almost beat the used car manager with a bat to steal it, but I figured that wouldn't have been a good career move LOL! This car was just incredible.

I looked it up, it WAS a 6 speed.......they must have been one of the first to come up with a 6 speed back then.

80honda
Profile for 80honda
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2010 14:22
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Ah, very nice. Love the big tall windows and acres of glass. That is a timeless classic for Honda. Great looking design all these many years later. Back then, I think it was ragged for being another "boring" Honda design. Just like today.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2010 14:47
Correction; the car also has perfect SH-AWD proportions too!

A neighbour still runs one in midnight purple and I still think it looks fab.

I was very impressed by one I rode in once, too.

WTF were they thinking at Accurist?

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: Legend 1995, check this baby out.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-28-2010 21:17
HONDA AFVM wrote:
owequitit wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

It was an Auto.

Some coupes had 5MT's and some had 6MT. I believe it was the LS coupes that actually debuted the 6MT, and then Honda plopped the Type II and 6MT into the sedan and voila, Legend GS.

I went looking for them again because of this post, and actually found one in reasonably good shape. It needed a clutch and had a bit of rust on the rear quarter (I imagine that being from the rust belt, you understand the implications when the rust becomes visible on the wheel well edge of a Honda from that era...), but other than that, it was mint. The leather didn't even seem to have any wear on it. I was so tempted, but I just don't have the money right now.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0