[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Electricity Supplies tight in Calimestan
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Mishimoto Catch Can - What For?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Spare Wheel Kit: Damaged Wheel
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Spied on the street part 3: Even More 2012 Honda Civic > > Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

FAL
Profile for FAL
And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2010 16:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The sedan mirrors were one of the noticeable things Honda botched on the 8th gen, but I could sort of see using the front panel windows to aid front quarter visibility. These current A-pillar trim panels serve no purpose but to look awkward, IMO - assuming that the mirrors on the doors are indicative of the final product and aren't a deception tacked on to the test mules.
Stonewolfjr
Profile for Stonewolfjr
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2010 20:12
that most likely is the final position.

to far forward will deny visibilty of the mirror for the driver

maybe rear view cameras could go where the plastic is...

Waldo
Profile for Waldo
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2010 23:25
A few months ago I rented a Ford product and noticed how much more useful the mirrors were than on my Honda Accord and Mazda van. After thinking about the reason, I realized that it was because they were closer to me. It makes a huge difference, and I applaud Honda for doing this.
owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2010 00:13
Love the mirrors on my 8th gen sedan. Highly functional, and a good styling element.

Little factoid, the NSX used door mounted mirrors too.

FinalVibes
Profile for FinalVibes
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2010 01:56
More factoid, the NSX used the SAME door mounted mirrors as the 2G Legend.
klui_188
Profile for klui_188
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2010 07:13
owequitit wrote:
Love the mirrors on my 8th gen sedan. Highly functional, and a good styling element.

So did the S2000!

ipribadi
Profile for ipribadi
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2010 11:28
As one pointed out, the closer the mirror is to the driver, the wider the view angle and lessens the blind spot.
Of course you can use a curved mirror to widen the view but then it causes objects to seem smaller.

eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-08-2010 16:08
i believe some cars in europe have the edge of the mirror where it's tilted?
FAL
Profile for FAL
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2010 00:22
If you get better visibility with mirrors mounted further back, why did the Japanese (and Europeans) hang on to fender-mounted mirrors for so long?
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2010 15:15
FAL wrote:
If you get better visibility with mirrors mounted further back, why did the Japanese (and Europeans) hang on to fender-mounted mirrors for so long?

The JDMs once had had a driver's door mirror and a passenger side wing mirror mounted far forward; it looked odd, but was beneficial in crowded cities for obvious reasons.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2010 20:39
klui_188 wrote:
owequitit wrote:

So did the S2000!

You're going to have to prove that one to me...............

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2010 20:44
FAL wrote:
The sedan mirrors were one of the noticeable things Honda botched on the 8th gen, but I could sort of see using the front panel windows to aid front quarter visibility. These current A-pillar trim panels serve no purpose but to look awkward, IMO - assuming that the mirrors on the doors are indicative of the final product and aren't a deception tacked on to the test mules.

OMG............They put 4 wheels on this car, I think it would have been better with 3 wheels. Assuming that the wheels on the car are indicative of the final product and aren't a deception tacked on to the test mules.

Can we find anything positive..............PLEASE!

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-09-2010 23:32
FAL wrote:

Really? That is your reasoning now?

That is like saying that if anti-biotics are more beneficial, then why did we used to bleed people for infection reduction?

If smoking is bad, then why did we used to smoke?

Etc. Etc.

1989civicdx
Profile for 1989civicdx
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-10-2010 12:48
Thanks HONDA AFVM for that! I mean, seriously! I've been 'lurking' on TOV for a couple years now and have only posted a couple times recently.

When I found this site I was thrilled with the rumors and news section and it's why I keep checking this site out- not to mention SOME of the knowledgeable posters.

BUT I too am getting really frustrated with all the negative crap. I mean can't there be some restraint on the less than positive postings at least until we see the final product?

Colin
Profile for Colin
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-10-2010 18:23
1989civicdx wrote:
BUT I too am getting really frustrated with all the negative crap. I mean can't there be some restraint on the less than positive postings at least until we see the final product?

Probably not, since most of the worst offenders are only doing to get a 'rise' out of the more objective posters here. It does make it very difficult to have thoughtful discussions since there is so much chaff.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: And the mirrors couldn't be on the A-pillars why? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-10-2010 20:31
Colin wrote:
1989civicdx wrote:

Probably not, since most of the worst offenders are only doing to get a 'rise' out of the more objective posters here. It does make it very difficult to have thoughtful discussions since there is so much chaff.

If people just stop and THINK about why certin things are the way they are, then it would be different, but when you start in on the mirror, ir window track...........Come on man.......

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0