[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > RL / Legend > > Re: 2011 Acura RL on Edmunds.com

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 3 [4]
Author
  Post New Thread
owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: 2011 Acura RL on Edmunds.com/Car&Driver next gen RL speculation    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-22-2010 20:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
superchg wrote:
owequitit wrote:
So now, are you going to continue trying to make personal attacks, or are you going to try to add some substance to a thread?

Owe, I found a couple of your recent comments, or are they personal attacks??? Hmmm...

"The real problem is that you don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about."

"But hey, if speculation, lies, misjudements and sensationalism worked in the real world, you would surely qualify for a candy sucker and a baloon."

"The point is that you CEASELESSLY criticize EVERYTHING Acura does, even though you have ZERO credible information to support your assertions."

You might want to look up the definition of "personal attack," which as implied, and supported by definition, means an attack on the person and not on the idea.

Of course, the fact that you are attempting to take my statements out of context doesn't help either. But what else would I expect?

The first comment was pointed directly at the fact that he continually and repeatedly takes his "opinion" and presents it as though it is truthful fact, when it is quite clear that he isn't a product planner, and doesn't have the inside information he seems to believe he does. There is nothing personal about that, it is a direct attack on his idea, not his person, psyche, or individualism. Also, as I have stated repeatedly, it would be a simple matter of him not attempting to present something as fact, that is in fact opinion.

In direct contrast, you attempting to call me a twit, or attacking me directly for incorrectly using a word (which was also proven to be used correctly) is in fact a personal attack.

A comment about speculation is not a personal attack. But the person whom I was referring to, wasn't just speculating. He was attempting to use his speculation, presented as pseudo-fact, in an attempt to support his sensational campaign against Honda, their total failings, and their inability to, in his obvious opinion, do anything right.

As I have said repeatedly in response to his posts, if he wants to talk about what Honda does right, and what they do wrong, or if he wants to discuss things in a logical, unbiased manner, that would be one thing. But, he doesn't. Like so many others around here, he comes on, makes sensational attacks, and then justifies his position by trying to make anybody who doesn't buy his blind attacks as appologists or blind supporters.

Then to make it worse, people like you engage in ad hominem attacks, as though to attempt to justify that our ("fanboy and appologist") arguements have no merit because we have no merit as people.

Nobody is perfect, me included, but your attempted attacking of my character doesn't change the fact that his agenda is blatantly biased, defamatory, and illogical towards Honda. He hasn't attacked me, and I really haven't attacked him, and certainly not intentionally. I have attacked his position, and his agenda. There is a difference.

Now, as I have said before. Do you want to add to the subject of the RL FMC, or are you going to continue spinning your wheels by trying to discredit me as a person?

Acuradoc
Profile for Acuradoc
Re: 2011 Acura RL on Edmunds.com    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2010 17:26
There will not be any changes from 2010 to 2011 RL. Pay attention to the autoshows in 2011. You may get a hint when Acura is going to debut its true FLAGSHIP and what it looks like.
owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: 2011 Acura RL on Edmunds.com    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-23-2010 19:09
Acuradoc wrote:
There will not be any changes from 2010 to 2011 RL. Pay attention to the autoshows in 2011. You may get a hint when Acura is going to debut its true FLAGSHIP and what it looks like.

My biggest question at this point is whether they will have completely tossed the chassis they developed for the RL program that was supposed to offer RWD/AWD and V6/V8 combinations, or if they will just simplify it. Acura NEEDS that platform IMO, even though the RWD option isn't as critical IMO.

Thread Page - 1 2 3 [4]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0