[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
General Talk --> Re: All-New Cadillac 2019 XT4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: First Ford, now Nissan dropping Sedans
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interesting take on the "Camaro Crisis"
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 video with Jon Ikeda
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Custom Subwoofer Enclosure
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 1993 6 sp Acura Legend Coupe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Something I've always wondered about batteries in hybrids
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> North American Vehicle Semifinalists
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Singapore Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: More neat links on H2 status
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hurricane Florence NC SC
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Forbes.com article: "Acura: The Honda That Didn't" > > this branch CLOSED

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

NSXman
Profile for NSXman
Another thing they failed to mention [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 08:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The RL and NSX are grandpas in the car market. In fact, the NSX is a great great grandpa. Even the TL is pretty old. Three new models coming out very soon.

Let's not forget as Forbes did that Honda has a great dedicatioin to the environment which others cars say they have and only pay lip service. Honda, but not building a V8, is proving that dedication. Not that I would mind seeing a Honda V8, but I'm glad they atleast stick to their guns in that regard.

Honda execs are not idiots and they know what they are doing. I'd like to see somethings differently myself, but I can't imagine that things will be the way they are for very long. Lets also point out that there are luxury cars with FWD besides the Deville. The ES300, the RX330 (available AWD to the MDX's standard), and the I35 are a few that come to mind. If you are going to mention the Deville when Cadillac has other RWD models, do your homeword Forbes and mention the other luxury car markets that sell FWD too. Forbes too what they thought about Honda and embellished that a little too much.

NSXman
Profile for NSXman
Re: Another thing they failed to mention [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 08:37
Sorry about the words not spelled correctly. I wrote this when I was tired.

It should read, "which others car companies say

and, "Honda, by not building a V8....

and, "Forbes took what they thought,,,

I apologize if there are any more.

akal50
Profile for akal50
Re: Another thing they failed to mention [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 09:28
You can edit your original post instead of posting corrections in a separate reply.
EXV6
Profile for EXV6
Re: Another thing they failed to mention [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 09:50
Wow. The author of this Forbes article seem to have a viscious disdain for Honda. And he blatantly fails to mention Honda's longtime commitment to making more environmentally responsible cars. I'll take a well-engineered, efficient Honda V6 anyday over one of those unreliable, gas-hogging German V8s. Status comes with a price -- the German luxury makes are super-expensive to maintain and insure, from what I am told. Besides, all good Americans should be boycott German and French vehicles. I have learned that most people do not know that Jeep is owned by the Germans and Nissan is almost 50% owned by Renault, which, in turn, is controlled by the f___ing French.
MrJumbo
Profile for MrJumbo
Re: Another thing they failed to mention [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 10:40
What he also failed to mention is that Lexus sold over 85,000 ES300 with heavy incentives and leases. Mercedes pushed out an aging C-Class with an agressive lease campaign. And the demographic of an SL buyer is miles away from and NSX buyer! The NSX still offers technology and drivability not offered in any other sports car in it's class. He also failed to talk about Acura's high lease residuals, which are higher than all the other brands he spoke about. High residuals equate to high resale and lower cost of ownership!
VTEC Penis
Profile for VTEC Penis
Americans are Pussies [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 11:25
If "good" Americans should be pretending that France and Germany don't exist, then should "good" Americans also pretend that there aren't contragate criminals serving on the bush administration? Should they forget that the Homeland Security Act protects Eli Lily from lawsuits for selling bad drugs? Should they rename the Information Awareness Office the Freedom Office?

I don't think there is anything wrong with loving your country (I do) and I can understand why people support the invasion of Iraq, but I can't understand people who won't tolerate questions being raised or fail to notice problems with our leadership.

Sorry to everyone expecting to read a post about cars.

By the way, I think when the Dualnote engine technology finds its way into new cars, people will change their minds about Acura's V8 hole.

cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: Americans are Pussies [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 11:44
It's not that some don't tolerate questions being raised or notice problems in ANY admin, but that's not what's going on. (ie. see your rant about, contra, lily etc). But when a group of people take to the streets and "question" whether Bush or the admin is Hitler, they lose just a little bit of credibility. Oh, by the way, who is this France and Germany you are talking about? :)

Sorry too, my political demon took over for a second.

Honda/Acura will be just fine!!!

RayChuang
Profile for RayChuang
Re: Another thing they failed to mention [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 11:46
I think Forbes has kind of missed the point in regards to Honda's direction for its Acura division.

Have they bothered to drive the current TL 3.2 Type-S sedan? Or the new TSX? Both of them are surprisingly fun cars to drive even though they're FWD.

Besides, an all-new RL model is in final development stages and could be shown as early as the Detroit International Auto Show in January 2004. There is a strong possibility that a version of the RL will sport an Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid powertrain, one with a 200 bhp gasoline engine assisted by a 100 bhp electric motor; magine the new RL with performance better than today's RL models but with around 50% better fuel economy, something NO luxury car in the world can boast.

I'm sure that Honda has a new NSX in development and we may see it within 18 months; again, Honda may even offer IMA on the NSX as proof you can build a sports car that is green in many apsects.

Banker
Profile for Banker
Americans are defenders of the World [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 13:19
I don't know what country you are from, but America has always tried to do the right thing. Assholes like you are pulled into the streets and executed in Iraq. Be glad that you don't live there.

Every government has problems with leadership. Afterall leadership is made up of human beings that will make mistakes.

France and Germany are very liberal contries that have forgotten that we once liberated them. Obviously they are more concerned about believing the propoganda being sent from Aljezeer than what is really going on in Irag - Murder, Rape and Terror. All supported by the government. Our government may have problems, but we don't rape and murder our own citizens at the presidents command. Thank God that there is an America to protect the basic human rights of people around the world... despite the jerks in countries like France and Germany.

God bless our troops.

Logic
Profile for Logic
Re: Americans are defenders of the World [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 15:40
No offense Banker.. but you sound very uninform to me.

You claim that the current administration protect basic human right and yet they do racial profiling targeting their own citizen that is born in what they called questionable country. How easy is it to turn your back on this basic human right in the name of national security.

You called yourself a freedom loving country yet you bash country that doesn't agree with your term. Is that what freedom is or is it freedom by convenience. I personally don't support the war on Iraq. Nothing good will come out of it. For example.. Afghanistan, one year later.. All the bombing destroy their country and now depended on foreign aid. They can't even rebuilt their army... nothing.. the country is in shamble. Taliban and Al-quada are regrouping in the country side.. this came from the President of Afghanistan himself. He came to the US asking for help and the Administration turn their back on him.. since the US is occupied with the attack on Iraq.

The same will hold true with Iraq.. How will they rebuit their country after the war is over?? I think I read somewhere that the US has drop over 3000 bomb into that country. If you look at the news alone, the destruction it brought and the suffering it bring.

Banker
Profile for Banker
Re: Americans are defenders of the World [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 16:01
First of all, you obviously don't know a damn thing.

If you are going to criticize the US, then at least know your facts. We dropped close to 3,000 bombs and cruise missils in the first week. Secondly, look at the history books. With the exception of Vietnam, every country that we have invaded and removed their government and set up a new democratic governement. Look at Japan.... the company that makes the very honda's and acura's we are all debating here... it took seven years for the United States to rebuild their infrastructure. Look at Germany and France. All three of these countries benefited from Billions of US dollars to rebuild their governments, hospitals, factories, roads and economies. It has only been a year since we invaded Afganistan, it will take time. Plus what country isn't sucking the tax dollars out of our economy. We are the only country in the world that has loans out to every other country in the world.

Try watching Fox News Channel. You will see the truth about our bombing. We are being very careful to preserve as much infrastructure as possible.

As far as racial profiling. The last time I checked, it was Arab men, between the age of 18 and 30 that were carrying out the terrorist attacks on our country. So, tell me why in the world would we be checking out the background of other people that fit the same demographic? If that is what it takes, then so be it. Also, unless you live in a cave, you will notice that all the security measures that our government has implemented has kept our country attack free for 19 months. Seems to be working.

Logic
Profile for Logic
Re: Americans are defenders of the World [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 17:22
Fox news.. you got to be kidding me.. Where I live, they are consider the joke news.. Kinda hard to take that station seriously if you consider how they do their programming and news..

Are you saying that it okay to pick on people just because they are from the same race. Excuse me, but you don't see us (for example) categorising all white American and white supremacist.. You cannot judge a person base on what a small percentage of people from the same background does. That just wrong..

The US didn't rebuilt Japan, Japan rebuit themselve.. Also, The US didn't rebuilt those country by themselve.. the UN did. I admire your patriotism.. but I think you forget that the world is always left cleaning up the mess left behind by the US foreign policy.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
this branch CLOSED [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2003 17:43
let's keep the political soapboxing outta here

Logic wrote:
Fox news.. you got to be kidding me.. Where I live, they are consider the joke news.. Kinda hard to take that station seriously if you consider how they do their programming and news..

Are you saying that it okay to pick on people just because they are from the same race. Excuse me, but you don't see us (for example) categorising all white American and white supremacist.. You cannot judge a person base on what a small percentage of people from the same background does. That just wrong..

The US didn't rebuilt Japan, Japan rebuit themselve.. Also, The US didn't rebuilt those country by themselve.. the UN did. I admire your patriotism.. but I think you forget that the world is always left cleaning up the mess left behind by the US foreign policy.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0