[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TSX > > Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
IMIS
Profile for IMIS
OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-02-2010 19:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'm dying for news on this rig.

I've been waiting too long for the Euro wagon to show up on our shores.

I wonder if it will only come as a fully loaded V6 model?

atomiclightbulb
Profile for atomiclightbulb
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-02-2010 23:14
I'm hoping for some news too.

The Acura site says very little, so I have been browsing http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/accordtourer/ in the meantime to quench my thirst for a sporty wagon. Honda has taken far too long to get a medium sized wagon to the United States.

My '94 Accord was having so many small problems (tires almost dead, rear drums squealing, SRS light now keeps going on and off, etc) that I just bit the bullet and bought a used 7G while I wait for the Tourer. I just couldn't justify pouring a couple more thousand to keep the '94 going when its resale value is so low, esp. w' the body damage it has sustained in the past five years. If the TSX Tourer is available with the 201 HP K24 and 6MT, I will trade in the 7G, provided that my finances permit. The Tourer has the exact balance of performance, utility, and size that I want in a car.

atomiclightbulb
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-02-2010 23:40
The only sticking point with me is that I don't like leather seats... which is why I have stayed with Accords rather than a TSX or TL. Leather never seems to hold me to the seat very well on twisty roads, and the environmental damage/animal cruelty caused by leather manufacturing is not something I want to support.

I should amend my post to say "If the TSX Tourer is available with the 201 HP K24 and 6MT and environmentally friendly upholstery"... I would buy it the day it hit the showroom floors.

Mike Freitas
Profile for Mike Freitas
Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-03-2010 00:32
It is not suppose to debut until the fall of 2010. I am guessing that they are taking the good looking Accord Tourer to the design studios in Torrance to uglify the car to make it look like the rest of the Acura lineup. Power plenum, God forbid!!!
IMIS
Profile for IMIS
Re: Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-03-2010 01:14
The plenum is a bit scary I must admit. Hopefully they can integrate it without spoiling the car.

I agree on the leather as I would prefer cloth as well but it won't be much of a sticking point with me.

Fall 2010, I wonder when some news or pics might show up on TOV?

atomiclightbulb
Re: Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-03-2010 09:22
Mike Freitas wrote:
Power plenum, God forbid!!!

While I am not a big fan of the Power Plenum, I don't think it looks bad on the Accord Tourer wagon.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/10/report-acura-considering-tsx-wagon-for-the-u-s/

And despite all the grips, Acura could have done much much worse:

Power Grinum: http://auto.freedomblogging.com/2009/06/24/2010-mazda3-do-you-like-its-smile/12257/ So Happy!

http://suvs.about.com/od/lincol1/ig/2010-Lincoln-MKT/MKT-Grille.htm. Looks like a giant T-Rex snout.

rkn
Profile for rkn
Re: Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-03-2010 09:58
Mike Freitas wrote:
It is not suppose to debut until the fall of 2010. I am guessing that they are taking the good looking Accord Tourer to the design studios in Torrance to uglify the car to make it look like the rest of the Acura lineup. Power plenum, God forbid!!!

Honda's biggest challenge is to keep all their cars out of the hands of the S&M freaks at the Torrance studios. Maybe they are blackmailing the top Honda Management !

IMIS
Profile for IMIS
OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-04-2010 17:44
The first pics should be very interesting.........
EX V6 SLUSHER
Profile for EX V6 SLUSHER
Re: Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-04-2010 18:18

Okay 4 cylinder FWD only Tech or Base model in current colors. $2-3,000 more than comparable TSX sedan.

atomiclightbulb
Re: Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-04-2010 20:26
EX V6 SLUSHER wrote:

Okay 4 cylinder FWD only Tech or Base model in current colors. $2-3,000 more than comparable TSX sedan.

I hope Honda doesn't inflate the price so high that it drives customers away. The TSX is already at a price point that makes me think twice, and 2-3 grand more might put it out of my reach. 1-1.5 grand maybe I would be willing to stretch for.

These past few years have been infuriating, as American Honda has made small hatches and large hatches, and virtually nothing in between. The Fit is too small. The Crosstour is too big. The Euro Tourer is exactly the right size, but may be too expensive. Hell, I would even be ok with a Civic-sized wagon, like the Stream.

Trip
Profile for Trip
Re: Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-04-2010 20:34
atomiclightbulb wrote:

These past few years have been infuriating, as American Honda has made small hatches and large hatches, and virtually nothing in between. The Fit is too small. The Crosstour is too big. The Euro Tourer is exactly the right size, but may be too expensive. Hell, I would even be ok with a Civic-sized wagon, like the Stream.

x10

EX V6 SLUSHER
Profile for EX V6 SLUSHER
Re: Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-04-2010 21:43
I wanted to guess $1-2,000 but figured that would be just right , so tacked on the extra $1,000.
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-05-2010 11:50
I'm unsure of why people think the designers in Torrance will have a chance to change the look of the TSX Sportwagon. In case you didn't know, Torrance along with the European design team penned the 09+ TSX/Euro Accord design although the European arm had more say. The only visual changes will be the addition of the Power Plenum.

~Patrick

IMIS
Profile for IMIS
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-05-2010 18:34
I thought I remember reading that the front and rear bumpers may need to change a little to meet NA requirements? Not that this would change the look much.

Hopefully it will get some nice distinct rims as well.

dutchboy
Profile for dutchboy
Re: Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-05-2010 20:51
EX V6 SLUSHER wrote:

I don't know if this helps or not, but here in Canada Accord Crosstour($34,900) is $510 more than Accord Sedan($34,390) both being V6 EX-L FWD. Accord Sedan EX-L V6 navi is $36,390 and Crosstour EX-L V6 4WD navi is $38,900

silverf16
Profile for silverf16
Re: Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-05-2010 21:25
That's right, the Plenum grill is the one many of us are having problems with.

CivicB18 wrote:
I'm unsure of why people think the designers in Torrance will have a chance to change the look of the TSX Sportwagon. .... The only visual changes will be the addition of the Power Plenum.

~Patrick

superchg
Profile for superchg
Re: Next stop: Torrance design studio....oh help us!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-05-2010 23:04
silverf16 wrote:
That's right, the Plenum grill is the one many of us are having problems with.

CivicB18 wrote:
I'm unsure of why people think the designers in Torrance will have a chance to change the look of the TSX Sportwagon. .... The only visual changes will be the addition of the Power Plenum.

~Patrick

But wait... Acura's Torrance studio has to make a fashion statement, even if it puts them all out of work!

atomiclightbulb
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2010 22:30
I watched the CR-Z press conference video on YouTube, and the Honda presentation said that Acura would be having some sort of event at the NY Auto show (April of this year).

I am guessing this means we will hear something about the TSX Sport Wagon.

IMIS
Profile for IMIS
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-17-2010 23:34
I hope your guess is correct.

The Masters on TV and maybe some Sport wagon news + the end of winter and hockey playoffs

It's gonna be a long winter.........

nowakj66
Profile for nowakj66
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-01-2010 10:44
Here is hoping that is true. Is the TSX wagon confirmed for New York at this time?
IMIS
Profile for IMIS
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-05-2010 13:23
I haven't heard anything yet for New York but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

halfmoonclip
Profile for halfmoonclip
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-05-2010 23:28
I cannot understand why modestly-sized wagons have not been a huge hit in $3 @ gallon gas and recession-wracked America. They seem like the ideal answer to fuel and dollar grubbing 'utes. We've owned a couple smaller wagons (Passat and Avant), and my bride really didn't want anything but a wagon.
The plenum on the TSX is not objectionalble; among the reasons we couldn't warm up to the TL is the over the top styling. I liked the TSX (it reminded me of a Fit for grownups), and my wife might have gone for it were it not for the sedan body. Sooooo, we'll shop the TSX wagon next time around...please, include memory mirrors along with the seats.
Moon

99AccordLX
Profile for 99AccordLX
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-06-2010 08:54
It WILL be my next car if they put the ELS stereo and a 6MT in the same wagon!
ezshift5
Profile for ezshift5
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-06-2010 14:03
99AccordLX wrote:
It WILL be my next car if they put the ELS stereo and a 6MT in the same wagon!

+6. (I'd settle for the 6MT availability alone.)

ez....

Bepperb
Profile for Bepperb
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2010 09:13
"I cannot understand why modestly-sized wagons have not been a huge hit in $3 @ gallon gas"

Because they are so expensive here. You can buy a Highlander, Rav4, CRV, Escape, Forester... for ten grand less than the cheapest current wagon, the V50/70. The current Outback is so large and heavy it might as well be an SUV. And on the used end, the situation is even worse. For every wagon, there will be 45 suv's available.

So, there is no availability first of all. And I can see why, every wagon launched here fails. The Focus wagon looked decent, was priced right, fail. Dodge Magnum? Fail. Historically they have been a half hearted attempt at cheaply turning a sedan into a family hauler, and that stigma is still attached to them. And while it's exciting to see ground-up wagons like the crosstour or venza these aren't really "wagons", I don't see much more functionality than the sedan they're based upon... at least compared to a Civic->CRV where the advantages to the wagon/suv shape are obvious.

IMIS
Profile for IMIS
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2010 13:08
Now confirmed for New York.

Should be interesting......

CanTeX
Profile for CanTeX
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2010 18:25
One vehicle package that impressed me at the Dallas Auto Show last weekend was the Jetta TDI wagon. When we get ready to downsize from the Crosstour, hopefully VW will have solved the ongoing quality problems with the marque. Also hopefully the TSX Sportwagon will show there's at least some sort of market for quality-build wagons in the U.S., such that the straight Accord Tourer could be added for Honda dealers. Current generation or next.
atomiclightbulb
Re: OK it's 2010...bring on the TSX Wagon news.    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2010 21:23
Bepperb wrote:
"I cannot understand why modestly-sized wagons have not been a huge hit in $3 @ gallon gas"

Because they are so expensive here. You can buy a Highlander, Rav4, CRV, Escape, Forester... for ten grand less than the cheapest current wagon, the V50/70. The current Outback is so large and heavy it might as well be an SUV.

I'm going to call an MSRP of $31k for a base TSX Sport Wagon, I4+5AT or I4+6MT. Based on Edmunds' TMV base TSX Sedan selling price of $27,800 (incl. destination), dealers will be selling them wagons for $29,300 (incl. destination) or so, depending on demand and economic situation. Frustrating to see that this excellent vehicle will be priced out of reach for many of Honda's customers.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0