[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
General Talk --> Re: Trying to decide on color
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: I'm in a 2019 RDX Advance this week. Any specific questions while I have it?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Honda steeped in Green for the long haul > > Re: NSX, S2000 values to go up?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
NSX, S2000 values to go up? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-23-2009 00:59
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This should be a boost to NSX values and maybe S2000 values...

I wonder what will happen to the likes of Civic Type R or Integra Type R?

s2kx2
Profile for s2kx2
Re: NSX, S2000 values to go up? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2009 03:16
Along with the theft rates ... Take extra steps to protect your S2000s and NSXs guys and gals. We are going to be at war with the thieving pricks for the next few years. Say hello to Mr. Mossberg!
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: NSX, S2000 values to go up? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2009 09:51
s2kx2 wrote:
Along with the theft rates ... Take extra steps to protect your S2000s and NSXs guys and gals. We are going to be at war with the thieving pricks for the next few years. Say hello to Mr. Mossberg!

Unfortunately I know that for a fact first hand! Two months ago my 9 yo S2K was stolen :-(

And last year the seats were stolen!!

Theives should have there hands cut off!

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: NSX, S2000 values to go up? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2009 11:08
Eh I don't think this will cause any boost above normal to NSX and S2000 prices. I think prices for certain NSX's will start to edge up naturally over time (like the Zanardi Edition or 3.2L hard tops) but I don't think there'll be a spike right now. As for the S2000, I think prices won't go up for awhile simply because a relatively large number was produced. The Integra Type-R on the other hand will continue to command strong prices from here on out.

IMHO YMMV

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: NSX, S2000 values to go up? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2009 11:58
JMU R1 wrote:
Eh I don't think this will cause any boost above normal to NSX and S2000 prices. I think prices for certain NSX's will start to edge up naturally over time (like the Zanardi Edition or 3.2L hard tops) but I don't think there'll be a spike right now. As for the S2000, I think prices won't go up for awhile simply because a relatively large number was produced. The Integra Type-R on the other hand will continue to command strong prices from here on out.

IMHO YMMV

I think that's pretty much right on. The NSX will appreciate in value no matter what. It was bound to happen anyway.
As for the S2K, it's harder to pin down. I belong to one of the largest regional S2000 clubs in the country and I am one of few, if not the only one, who has kept theirs completely stock. A lot of others have gone FI, made chassis mods, and/or installed body kits. While those things have their place, they do nothing but hurt the value of the car. It is getting harder than one might think to find a pristine example of an S2000 as it came from the factory because as they have been depreciating, a younger, ricier crowd has been buying them and in some cases, defiling them. So as a whole I think they will continue to depreciate for a little while and perhaps the untainted examples will begin to appreciate in the not too distant future.

(nothing against TASTEFUL mods, I like them on other people's cars, they're just not my thing)

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: NSX, S2000 values to go up? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2009 13:32
gofast182 wrote:
JMU R1 wrote:

IMHO YMMV

I think that's pretty much right on. The NSX will appreciate in value no matter what. It was bound to happen anyway.
As for the S2K, it's harder to pin down. I belong to one of the largest regional S2000 clubs in the country and I am one of few, if not the only one, who has kept theirs completely stock. A lot of others have gone FI, made chassis mods, and/or installed body kits. While those things have their place, they do nothing but hurt the value of the car. It is getting harder than one might think to find a pristine example of an S2000 as it came from the factory because as they have been depreciating, a younger, ricier crowd has been buying them and in some cases, defiling them. So as a whole I think they will continue to depreciate for a little while and perhaps the untainted examples will begin to appreciate in the not too distant future.

(nothing against TASTEFUL mods, I like them on other people's cars, they're just not my thing)

To a certain extent, the young ricers now defiling them reduce the numbers and force up the prices of the remainder.

I am planning to hang onto mine (and the 'Lude and the Civic) for the forseeable.

NSXforever
Profile for NSXforever
Re: NSX, S2000 values to go up? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-26-2009 17:21
gofast182 wrote:
JMU R1 wrote:

IMHO YMMV

NSX values have always been strong and today they still hold very very well.

While many more S2000s were released, pristine and low mileage ones should rise in value. Think Supra here. I think the CR will be even more sought after.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0