[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Passport spy pics
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: 2019 Pilot "Black Edition"
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "Moose Test". Nissan Kicks fail
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No more 3rd gen FC Clarity, Hello 2020 4th gen
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > Tokyo Motor Show 2009 - Photo Gallery > > Re: Skydeck should go on production asap (hybrid or not)

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Skydeck should go on production asap (hybrid or not) [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-21-2009 04:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
That's certainly one of the best designs of recent Honda, and to me at least it looks "production ready", in the sense that there is nothing really extravagant on its overall shape.

Remove the fancy doors, put some production interior with a less dramatic sky-roof and you've got Honda's best achievement to date on their new design language.

Hope they introduce something like that in the very near future.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Skydeck should go on production asap (hybrid or not) [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-21-2009 10:26
I agree. I love that modern-minimalist thing and perfect expression to propel the family.

So pure and gestural...

4FC
Profile for 4FC
Re: Skydeck should go on production asap (hybrid or not) [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-21-2009 13:12
count me in too.
I miss the euro civic, then fr-v but I don't think this will come to us shores in this form :( and wasn't it fuel cell concept?
If honda is removing 2 seats out of crz, skydeck will be actually more piratical choice for me anyway - looks like a grown up crz/insight hybrid:) - design wise.
as I said before that modern-minimalistic design just reminds of IKEA (maybe the wood panels more than anything but I'm digging it)

4FC
Profile for 4FC
Re: Skydeck should go on production asap (hybrid or not) [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-21-2009 13:16
...oh well nevermind I saw the pictures on the second page and the eco guide and IMA logs so it's hybrid:)
I'll love the glass roof but I can live without it.

CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: Skydeck should go on production asap (hybrid or not) [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-21-2009 18:28
Exactly, as the Skydeck is HAWT! It looks as if Honda may be FINALLY getting a good design bug as this looks to be the new corporate face for future Honda's which isn't a bad thing.

~Patrick

onetyme_sam
Profile for onetyme_sam
Re: Skydeck should go on production asap (hybrid or not) [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-23-2009 00:21
skydeck looks like it ws just slapped together to make it to the show. ateast put seats in there that would look like something honda would put in a vehicle, not something that belongs in a lawn.

hey honda, 1988 crx called and wanted that steering wheel back.

onetyme_sam
Profile for onetyme_sam
Re: Skydeck should go on production asap (hybrid or not) [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-23-2009 00:28
evn is sweet though

blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
Re: Skydeck should go on production asap (hybrid or not) [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-27-2009 23:36
I'm actually not a fan of the Skydeck - I don't think the CRZ face grilll works well here, and the overall shape is too van like for a wagon-sized car. I LOVE the interior though, particularly the seats. I'd love to see a hybrid 7-seat wagon, though, but probably with a shape that conforms more towards the Stream or JDM Odyssey.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0