[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Type R --> Re: '19 Variations on the CTR?
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 10th generation Accord Mk2 - niggles fixed with minor tweaks!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic Interior first picture
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Aragon MotoGP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: A big finger to handbrake turns
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ford "pulls an Acura" in their latest commercial
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mazda CX-5 to get 2.5 Turbo Engine?
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Custom Paint Job Civic Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Inspire test drive video
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: 2018 Acura NSX Review - The Best Everyday Supercar
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Honda's Insight Concept Makes its World Debut > > Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

aznstuart
Profile for aznstuart
What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2008 13:32
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
If this Insight will be cheaper than the HCH and be more fuel efficient, while offering similar cabin space, why would anyone pay $5,000 more for a HCH? Will Honda still make the HCH after the Civic FMC in MY11?
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2008 17:19
aznstuart wrote:
If this Insight will be cheaper than the HCH and be more fuel efficient, while offering similar cabin space, why would anyone pay $5,000 more for a HCH? Will Honda still make the HCH after the Civic FMC in MY11?

civic hybrid could be killed off.

dezoris
Profile for dezoris
Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2008 17:40
The best part of the Civic hybrid is the engine which is absolutely wasted in that car.

What they could do is actually drop the price to Si levels which is where it should be anyway.

intune
Profile for intune
Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-05-2008 13:10
I believe it's already been publicly stated that Honda will continue with the HCH, and will be joined in the future by the Fit Hybrid and CR-Z. I think with the next FMC, you will see Honda extend the extend the entire Civic range (including the Hybrid) upwards. There are a great many people who want a smaller, efficient car, but want to keep all the luxuries they are used to getting in $30k cars. So the HCH will cater to those that can't stand hatchbacks and want all the types of luxuries usually found in Acura TL's.
Also, remember that Honda will only import some 100k Insights. The current genertaion HCH will continue to find plenty of buyers simply because it will be available.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-05-2008 14:01
intune wrote:
I believe it's already been publicly stated that Honda will continue with the HCH, and will be joined in the future by the Fit Hybrid and CR-Z. I think with the next FMC, you will see Honda extend the extend the entire Civic range (including the Hybrid) upwards. There are a great many people who want a smaller, efficient car, but want to keep all the luxuries they are used to getting in $30k cars. So the HCH will cater to those that can't stand hatchbacks and want all the types of luxuries usually found in Acura TL's.
Also, remember that Honda will only import some 100k Insights. The current genertaion HCH will continue to find plenty of buyers simply because it will be available.

Nobody ever said good buy to the Quater pounder with cheese when the "dollar" menu came out and you could get a cheese berger, fries and a drink for a buck each. They still sell plenty of Woppers, Big Macs and every other item on the menu. Will it cut into sales, yes, but they will sell more hybrids over all and that is the goal.

Stop with the DOOM & GLOOM!

Longhorn3
Profile for Longhorn3
Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-05-2008 23:57
Since the HCH FMC is only two years away, I would imagine Honda would apply what they have learned so far with the present one and try to up the mpg considerably. With GM readying their new Cruze which they state will get 40 mpg,its a given that Honda is readying the next regular Civic to get that or very close. That means the HCH bar will have to raised also. So I expect the new HCH to rival the new Insight's increase mpg. If not,the HCH is dead.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-06-2008 00:50
Longhorn wrote:
Since the HCH FMC is only two years away, I would imagine Honda would apply what they have learned so far with the present one and try to up the mpg considerably. With GM readying their new Cruze which they state will get 40 mpg,its a given that Honda is readying the next regular Civic to get that or very close. That means the HCH bar will have to raised also. So I expect the new HCH to rival the new Insight's increase mpg. If not,the HCH is dead.

I'm going to expect that as the Civic Grows in size in the next model change the Civic Hybrid will distance it's self from the Insight like the Camry Hybrid is from the Prius.

We are counting the cards before the first one from the deck is delt. What is to come of the Insight if the Fit Hybrid comes to the states??

There is a "seat for everyones ass" as we say in the car biz and in 2 or 3 years when gas is 5 bucks a gal a hybrid of any brand is going to be a popular item. Just because gas is $2.99 in some parts of the country dosn't mean squat. As demand increases, supply will drop and the price will rise. As much as I love "drill baby drill" Palin, all the drilling is not going to drop the price, we need alternatives. Right now the price is droping because the economy is slowing a bit. It's slowing all over the world. Trust me it wont be like this for ever. 12 months from now this will be a memory and we will be on an up swing around the world. Demand will sky rocket for all goods and that will drop the oil supply like a prom dress on prom night, FAST! The price of gas will go to $150 a barral again and this time since manufacturing is up gas will pass $4.50 a gal and that will place Honda and Toyota in the black again.

This is ny guess of the next 12 months. We have been brain washed by the media for the past 24 months that the economy is in the tank when it wasn't, now that it has slowed down, we can only go up. The glass is half FULL. Now is the time to buy if you have the means to do so.

dezoris
Profile for dezoris
Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-06-2008 11:34
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Longhorn wrote:

I'm going to expect that as the Civic Grows in size in the next model change the Civic Hybrid will distance it's self from the Insight like the Camry Hybrid is from the Prius.

We are counting the cards before the first one from the deck is delt. What is to come of the Insight if the Fit Hybrid comes to the states??

There is a "seat for everyones ass" as we say in the car biz and in 2 or 3 years when gas is 5 bucks a gal a hybrid of any brand is going to be a popular item. Just because gas is $2.99 in some parts of the country dosn't mean squat. As demand increases, supply will drop and the price will rise. As much as I love "drill baby drill" Palin, all the drilling is not going to drop the price, we need alternatives. Right now the price is droping because the economy is slowing a bit. It's slowing all over the world. Trust me it wont be like this for ever. 12 months from now this will be a memory and we will be on an up swing around the world. Demand will sky rocket for all goods and that will drop the oil supply like a prom dress on prom night, FAST! The price of gas will go to $150 a barral again and this time since manufacturing is up gas will pass $4.50 a gal and that will place Honda and Toyota in the black again.

This is ny guess of the next 12 months. We have been brain washed by the media for the past 24 months that the economy is in the tank when it wasn't, now that it has slowed down, we can only go up. The glass is half FULL. Now is the time to buy if you have the means to do so.

I can't really say where the car market is going, but one thing is clear there will be consolidation of models and brands, and there needs to be. The Honda lineup should not be growing in size and price. It's strange to think they would shrink the size of the Accord and Civic but I think it needs to happen.

Not to get in a political debate, you need to do a bit more research on what is going on in the world economy namely in the credit market first before saying we are in a slow down.

It is well beyond that now and this entire global economy is going to start coming to a grinding halt in the next 2 years.
job losses will lead to reduced spending and consumption etc.

Do a bit of research on Commodity Futures Modernization Act and default credit swaps to see why this country's credit system has failed. Everything in the world now revolves around credit, remove it from the economy and nothing works.

As of right now the USA is doing what someone in horrible debt does when they are nearly maxed out, pay debt with more credit. The cycle will end soon but the economy is going to be set back for a long time.

Also I think you are wrong about the time to buy.
Given the automotive market meltdown, you will see more incentives over the winter likely from all manufacturers given what Toyota just did with 0% financing. We are not even near the bottom yet because sales in the consumer market is still in a fall.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-06-2008 16:25
dezoris wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Longhorn wrote:

I can't really say where the car market is going, but one thing is clear there will be consolidation of models and brands, and there needs to be. The Honda lineup should not be growing in size and price. It's strange to think they would shrink the size of the Accord and Civic but I think it needs to happen.

Not to get in a political debate, you need to do a bit more research on what is going on in the world economy namely in the credit market first before saying we are in a slow down.

It is well beyond that now and this entire global economy is going to start coming to a grinding halt in the next 2 years.
job losses will lead to reduced spending and consumption etc.

Do a bit of research on Commodity Futures Modernization Act and default credit swaps to see why this country's credit system has failed. Everything in the world now revolves around credit, remove it from the economy and nothing works.

As of right now the USA is doing what someone in horrible debt does when they are nearly maxed out, pay debt with more credit. The cycle will end soon but the economy is going to be set back for a long time.

Also I think you are wrong about the time to buy.
Given the automotive market meltdown, you will see more incentives over the winter likely from all manufacturers given what Toyota just did with 0% financing. We are not even near the bottom yet because sales in the consumer market is still in a fall.

Good points, but Toyota has 30 billion in a war chest just for this event. Their 0% is nothing but splinter and Honda is the same. They are 2 companies that will weather this storm just fine. With the big 2.5 not leasing cars any more customers are already coming over to us. We should see a steady flow, maybe not as much as we saw a year ago, but we will be in better shape. There a lot of people who are smart investors out there and it's fortunate they buy Hondas and Toyotas.

We are doing our part as a dealer and staying fair to our customers and not marking hard to get cars up or adding options to cars. I truly believe we will be on an up swing in 12 months. This is no different then 911 and we bounced back from that in 12 months. People need to STOP panicking and maybe things will go back to normal, greed is setting in and people are taking all their money out. I lost 10k in my 401k, who cares, I'm 44 and have 20 years before I retire, what am I going to do take my money out, take a 10% hit in penalties and pay the IRS another 20%?? I'm still a head if I figure it that way.

I do my research. I'm all over the net and news. I listen to all the talk radio. They all say the same things DONíT PANIC!

ipribadi
Profile for ipribadi
Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-09-2008 13:54
I suppose the HCH next FMC will bring it up in size and mpg performance.
Price and features will separate the HCH from the Insight, not to mention the non hatchback rear.

I think the Insight is really squeezed in between the size of the HCH and the upcoming Fit Hybrid.

Tastycakes
Profile for Tastycakes
Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-09-2008 14:50
^^ It only sucks tho the US isn't getting the Fit Hybrid. :(
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: What will happen to the Civic Hybrid? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-09-2008 21:38
Tastycakes wrote:
^^ It only sucks tho the US isn't getting the Fit Hybrid. :(

Is that in stone? I haven't heard that it's 100%

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0