[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX pricing?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Important Message
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: The Fine Tradition of English Goalkeeping
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Harley's Demise
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Is a G1 NSX w/4AT worth the huge price break?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Monaco
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Monaco Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Acura-when marketing went adrift
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda S660 Modulo X
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mobileye claims their system detected the pedestrian, even with the crappy Uber video as input
Join Discussion......
Integra --> Re: 95 GSR DYNO
Join Discussion......
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Honda's Insight Concept Makes its World Debut > > Re: The real question is can Honda produce enough?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Tastycakes
Profile for Tastycakes
The real question is can Honda produce enough? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-02-2008 16:42
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I mean they talk about producing 200k a year (100k for North America) but can they do it? 100k for NA would be what like ~7-8% of Honda America sales, if they can do it.

I get the feeling if i put a early deposit, I just cornered myself on my trade-in value. They could give me crap for my 07 Si and I would have to take it cause they would be able to keep my deposit if i said no.

On the other hand I could wait, and see these things sold out for 1st 6 months of production and have to settle on a new Fit.

Insightman
Profile for Insightman
Re: The real question is can Honda produce enough? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-02-2008 20:53
Unlike the Insight Classic, which was essentially built by hand on the same production line as the S2000, Honda has made a considerable infrastructure investment for the production of the Insight Nouveau. They have expanded their Civic Hybrid factory and built a special facility just to produce the IMA components for this and future hybrids. Also, being a "mild" hybrid, production of the Insight doesn't require anywhere near the number of batteries as Toyota's "strong" hybrids, which have been in short supply due to battery shortages.

Still, I wouldn't expect the supply of Insights to outstrip demand any time soon after its introduction. Too bad you don't have a reasonable dealer like Howard Cooper Honda in Ann Arbor. The Insight deposit I placed with them in July is fully refundable at any time.

2007RC46SP2
Profile for 2007RC46SP2
Re: The real question is can Honda produce enough? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-02-2008 20:58
will the general public be able to buy one with the recent and upcoming credit crunch.
its gonna be tough for people with good credit to get a loan.

i think its gonna be hard for a person with some moderate debt and a 650 credit score to get a loan for the next year or 2.

Tastycakes
Profile for Tastycakes
Re: The real question is can Honda produce enough? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2008 04:21
Maybe on a house, but i dont think getting a auto loan should be that bad as long as you got good credit.

Maybe i should check w/ a dealer near me to see how refundable my deposit would be if i dropped one on an Insight.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: The real question is can Honda produce enough? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2008 08:16
don't get one then, there are a lot of cheaper cars out there that will do the job just fine
ferio
Profile for ferio
Re: The real question is can Honda produce enough? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-18-2008 18:04
I was talking to my local honda area rep a few days ago and it looks like the new Insight will be produced at the new North America plant...
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: The real question is can Honda produce enough? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-18-2008 21:32
ferio wrote:
I was talking to my local honda area rep a few days ago and it looks like the new Insight will be produced at the new North America plant...

The old Civic line in East Liberty is what I'm hearing. I requested to go down to East Liberty to see the first production run of the 2009 GX. Usually it's no big deal to go every year. (I'm a GX dealer in Ohio).

I asked this year and it was a quick NO!, a NO WAY! to be exact?? I was like Hmmmm?? Something isn't right here, Top Secret vibes humming from the phone lines. So I nosed around at an event last month and asked a few Honda people some unrelated, but indirect questions in a humors way about what is going to happen to all those workers in East Liberty. "I can see the head lines now ""HONDA JOINS THE DOMESTICS WITH BONE CRUSHING LAY OFFS"" Wow boys, that's going to hit hard" You would be surprised what comes out of their mouths in defense of Honda when presented to them in that way.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0