[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
American Honda Reports November Sales
More.......................
2019 Honda Passport Makes World Debut: Adventure-Ready All-New 5-passenger SUV at 2018 LA Auto Show
LIVE from Los Angeles: TOV's coverage of the 2019 Honda Passport reveal
First Look: DNA Collectibles releases Urban EV Concept 1:18 scale model
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "2019 Toyota Supra Is a BMW Parts Bin Car"
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: " The Sedans are coming, the Sedans are coming! "
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX anecdote
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - Modifications --> Re: Rear Door Hack
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> And you thought you were the intended beneficiary of the proposed lower gas mileage rules...
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Legend
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: The NSX replaces the ZR1
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Aston Martin Valkarie ICE (Cosworth Design)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TheStraightPipes youtube car channel reviews
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX+Conti Control Contact AS vs 9" snow
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Dispenser Issues and Infrared Interface
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V MMC guesses
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: World Superbikes Ten Kate Team Bankrupt
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 22 mm Progressive Sway Bar on Civic Si
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: Vivid Racing Tune the NSX MkII
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Hell no he wont go!!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2008 07:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The madman is back, well he really never did leave. Now he won't have to.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2008 08:30
Well we can hope that he leaves on his own in October.
rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2008 09:16
Wrong, that's just wrong!!! I'm speechless here...

Ray

sennaFAN
Profile for sennaFAN
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2008 10:19
the man is a disgrace to the human race. his denials of what happened in the ' orgy ' are hysterical.
i would love to meet those who think he is suitable to run F1 and find out why in the hell they think this specimin is being allowed to stay in his job.

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2008 11:20
This is a very sad day indeed. It proves that dirty behind the door dealings and politics have triumphed over everything that's good and pure.

The only way to respond to this is to abandon the FIA. The ADAC have already announced its decision to withdraw from the FIA. The AAA is said to be considering the same thing. Sadly some people who should know better, like the British MSA is saying to just let this go. Same as BMW. This is ridiculous. They were saying different things before this. Many people are now waiting to see what happens next.

musicmanvin
Profile for musicmanvin
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2008 12:04
WTF! how could they NOT vote him off!!

very sad day indeed..

floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2008 12:19
WMSC = Flock of stool pidgeons

someone needs to shovel the shit

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2008 15:30
Huh?

"won 103 of 169 votes"

WHAT?

Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2008 21:04
Though the two things may not be related, the FIA just banned Maclarens bridge wing. Seems symbolic but then again I am always skeptical.

musicmanvin
Profile for musicmanvin
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2008 22:12
well earlier today there was a article about the FIA producing more regulations about the wing over the nose flexing to much and that teams will have to reinforce it to make sure it doesn't flex due to high speeds.. so thats probably why McLaren got their wing banned..

but im still appalled that mosley won by such a huge margin!

btw, speaking of under the table dirty politics.. i wonder if the couple month wait before the actual vote might of opened the door for that to happen??

hahaha, i wonder if who ever set up mosleys basement of pleasure scandal will also try to dig up some dirt to see if mosley paid any of the members off?

My93Civic
Profile for My93Civic
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2008 22:21
The sky is falling!!!

Corruption is all I have to say. Disgraceful.

Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2008 07:12
A view from Autoweek.com
rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2008 10:03
From what I understood, last year McLaren's bridge wing passed the inspection by the FIA, however the test was only tested the wing rather it will flex up/down, not front to back, so now looks like FIA have a new way to test the wing...

I've always thought McLaren's bridge wing was flexing last year!

Ray

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2008 10:17
But the more cynical type (e.g. like me) will more likely say the real reason is because McLaren is looking like a real threat to Ferrari successfully defending their titles this year. So, as they say, time to 'correct the situation' with a few carefully placed rule clarification !
Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2008 10:21
Yes, it was flexing and it was passed. I remember Machett saying the wing will more than likely come under investigation. However, the FIA at the time determined that the movement was not illegal (some thing about it not providing less drag at speed). Teams did not protest, instead they came up with their own versions. NOW, its deemed to be against the rules. Strange... They said I was right, now I am wrong, even if they said I was right to begin with.

rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2008 10:45
Renault's mass damper went thru the same thing!!!

Ray

musicmanvin
Profile for musicmanvin
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2008 11:43
holy crap, i didnt know the lost of countries that sent in a letter to declare max to resign was that big and prestigious! 8 are from countries that currently hold GP's and 2 future GP hosts.

anyone up for boycotting the Canadian GP? declare they kick max outa office or we won't watch anymore races.. hit em where it hurts, with money! lol

floundericiousMI
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-05-2008 11:39
WongKN wrote:
But the more cynical type (e.g. like me) will more likely say the real reason is because McLaren is looking like a real threat to Ferrari successfully defending their titles this year. So, as they say, time to 'correct the situation' with a few carefully placed rule clarification !

Well, remember when Ferrari's biplane wing was spreading and flexing during (I think) the Malaysian GP last year...they had to resolve that.

The one we haven't heard about was something that I traded email with Craig Scarborough about. He made a mention of some teams suspecting that Ferrari (and maybe one or two others) had some kind of flexing diffuser which would contract and choke at higher speeds. A diffuser that chokes would produce less d/f, true...but it also changes the apparent angle of attack of the rear wing assembly, so you get less induced drag.

I'm not sure if the FIA quietly banned that one or if it's still out there...

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-05-2008 14:01
musicmanvin wrote:
holy crap, i didnt know the lost of countries that sent in a letter to declare max to resign was that big and prestigious! 8 are from countries that currently hold GP's and 2 future GP hosts.

anyone up for boycotting the Canadian GP? declare they kick max outa office or we won't watch anymore races.. hit em where it hurts, with money! lol

Are you stupid? Musicmanvin, I usually respect your opinions but boycotting OUR home grand prix is ridiculous. Think about who you're hurting here, Max Mosley or the entirety of Canada? Don't you remember the fiasco that happened at the US Grand Prix in Indy? I'd be pissed out of my mind if something like that happened here.

rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-05-2008 16:33
floundericiousMI wrote:

Well, remember when Ferrari's biplane wing was spreading and flexing during (I think) the Malaysian GP last year...they had to resolve that.

The one we haven't heard about was something that I traded email with Craig Scarborough about. He made a mention of some teams suspecting that Ferrari (and maybe one or two others) had some kind of flexing diffuser which would contract and choke at higher speeds. A diffuser that chokes would produce less d/f, true...but it also changes the apparent angle of attack of the rear wing assembly, so you get less induced drag.

I'm not sure if the FIA quietly banned that one or if it's still out there...

I thought that Ferrari wing was moving, not flexing! It never really bent up or down. Anyway, It was 2006 I think...

Ray

floundericiousMI
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-05-2008 17:21
Boycotting an individual GP does nothing but hurt the track owners/promoters.

The racetracks have to pay Bernie Ecclestone tens of millions of dollars, up front. He then gets all of the TV money and the track gets the gate sales.

musicmanvin
Profile for musicmanvin
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-05-2008 20:16
floundericiousMI wrote:
Boycotting an individual GP does nothing but hurt the track owners/promoters.

The racetracks have to pay Bernie Ecclestone tens of millions of dollars, up front. He[BERNIE]then gets all of the TV money and the track gets the gate sales.

who gets the tv money, bernie or the track owners?

Last edited by floundericiousMI on 06-06-2008 08:50
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-05-2008 22:50
IMHO, the only true way to hurt Max is to pressure your own AA (automobile association), e.g. ADAC for our german readers, AAA for U.S. readers, AA for Malaysian, and so forth, get a large group of members to petition them to boycott the FIA. The other way is to go political (wouldn't it be ironic if this works because political is how Max got his vote of confidence). Petition the circuit owners or your local politician, that they ban Max from attending your grand-prix, citing bad influence, lack of moral credibility, even make use of that Nazi propaganda, ANYTHING, to make Max loose face. Just like how the Bahrain royalty says to Max 'please don't come, (we don't welcome sex maniacs here)'. As GP.COM rightfully pointed out, yes going prostitutes is someone's personal business, just like having an affair. But it is also an unwritten gentlement's rule that being properly married, a guy should not go for prostitutes (or affairs). So what if some people does it. For someone in a highly visible public position, this standard of morality is implied. And the converse is true. If someone doesn't want to abide by this moral code, then DON'T hold a public position.
musicmanvin
Profile for musicmanvin
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-06-2008 10:36
well sorry carphreakd, i maybe went a little to the extreme i seriously was pissed seeing max win after all the right gears were put into motion

but according to wong's information, boycotting a race will have greater influence than having a petition for the circuit owners because straight money is involved.. ya it feels a little devilish, but fighting fire with fire seems to be the only way to kick this man out of office! so then if large amounts of people boycott a string of GPS demanding max is kicked out or max doesn't show circuit owners are going to send max letters because they don't want to loose money (if they get TV money that is) and then the FIA will have to eventually get rid of max to keep the circuit owners happy that the money will flow in again. and after its all said and done. everyone who boycotted a race can donate a couple dollars to any track that lost profit during the event with a nice hallmark card saying " sorry we just really don't like that man, please accept our apologies : )"

either something that can hold the ocean or just another wild shot for the moon theory my mind developed hahaha

but still sorry i offended u dude

Ra005e
Profile for Ra005e
Re: Hell no he wont go!!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2008 02:51
What a sad surprise, it was a mistake for me to expect anything more from the FIA.
The only positive is that we aren't the only ones disappointed by this outcome, good to see the various organizations voicing their displeasure. Here's hoping this will one day be known as the beginning of the end for the FIA.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0