[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Expectations for Barcelona

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Dren
Profile for Dren
Expectations for Barcelona    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2008 07:11
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Rubens Barrichello, Honda
2007 Qualifying - 12th, 2007 Race - 10th
“Every driver and every F1 team knows the Circuit de Catalunya well as we use the track so often for testing in the winter months and throughout the season. The test which takes place in advance of the Spanish Grand Prix means that we are very well prepared for the race weekend and have a lot of data on the set-up and tyre requirements. However there are always variables in the weather, the wind conditions and the resulting grip levels so there is still a great deal of preparation work to do during the practice sessions to extract the maximum levels of performance from the car.

“We had a very successful four-day test at the Circuit de Catalunya and were able to work through a lot of test items. Our main focus was the mechanical and aerodynamic developments for the RA108 car at this race. We saw a significant lap time improvement with the new upgrades which is very pleasing, but as ever, we need to wait until the race weekend to determine how this will impact our position on the grid. I'm confident that we have continued to make good progress.”

Jenson Button, Honda
2007 Qualifying - 14th, 2007 Race - 12th
“Our performance over the first three races showed a steady rate of improvement which was encouraging for the whole team and has given us renewed confidence in the car. Although I was not able to complete much mileage at the test this week due to the weather, the team had three days evaluating the new upgrades, so I am confident that we are in good shape. The circuit here is very familiar so we will make the best use of our time on track to fine-tune the set-up of the car. We hope to be challenging for a top ten qualifying position again which would put us in position for a strong race.

“The key to a really quick lap (in Barcelona) is having a car with good downforce; you need to feel confident when you commit to the very high speed corners. Overtaking can be a real challenge here and one of the best opportunities is going into the first corner after the start. You can squeeze by there once the race has settled down but it is very difficult. The chicane can also be tricky as it is extremely slippery and so very slow. One little mistake could cost you a lot of time there.”

Ross Brawn, Honda team principal
“The team has made good progress at each race so far this season, gaining in confidence and performing better on each occasion. Our recent development push on the RA108 with a new aerodynamic package, suspension modifications and driveability improvements showed pleasing results during the four-day test this week. I expect these developments to add to our competitiveness and improve our points scoring potential at the Spanish Grand Prix and the races to follow.”

rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Re: Expectations for Barcelona    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2008 11:27
Let's score some points this Sunday... shell we?

Ray

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: Expectations for Barcelona    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2008 11:46
I don't think getting into Q3 should be any problem this weekend. The major worry I have is the start of the race. Every race this season has seen some sort of first lap incident that ruins somebody's race, usually in the first corner. If they can get past that and either maintain or improve their position at the start there should be a good shot at points.
brunobati
Profile for brunobati
Re: Expectations for Barcelona    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2008 13:52
JMU R1 wrote:
I don't think getting into Q3 should be any problem this weekend. The major worry I have is the start of the race. Every race this season has seen some sort of first lap incident that ruins somebody's race, usually in the first corner. If they can get past that and either maintain or improve their position at the start there should be a good shot at points.

Couldn't agree more! If Button survives the usual first lap drama we should finally see who is the best of the rest behind the current top 3, hoppefully with the new updates Honda will give a good show. I just pray for Button not be screwed up again.

floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: Expectations for Barcelona    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2008 16:54
No joke...should Honda put the "keep your distance" thing on their car like BMW did a few years ago?
rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Re: Expectations for Barcelona    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2008 16:59
floundericiousMI wrote:
No joke...should Honda put the "keep your distance" thing on their car like BMW did a few years ago?

Or put a "Do not tailgate!" sign on it...

Ray

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: Expectations for Barcelona    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2008 17:26
DC should reduce the size of his chin so other drivers don't run into him.
jfunk
Profile for jfunk
Re: Expectations for Barcelona    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2008 18:51
Dren wrote:
DC should reduce the size of his chin so other drivers don't run into him.

That or reduce the size of his arse so people can get around him without getting ahh, pinched?

JR

floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: Expectations for Barcelona    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2008 19:44
maybe just put a DC "glory lane" about halfway from the starting grid to turn one... he can take off with the rest of the field, and then pull into his lane. The DC glory lane would run up onto a platform complete with lay-z-boy recliner, grid girls with grapes and wine, and a sun shade. That way he can make as much progress as he usually makes, get the girls, be the consumate playboy, and NOT RUIN ANYONE ELSE'S RACE!

:-P

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Expectations for Barcelona    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2008 21:43
Yup. I didn't call him David "IT'S MY LINE !" Coulthard for nothing back a few years ago. :LOL:
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Expectations for Barcelona    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2008 23:32
Maybe Honda should bring back the "Look left, look right" livery... that'd make me happy

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0