[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Honda recalling 232,000 2018 Accords and 2019 Insights for rear camera software update
2019 Accord arriving in showrooms by November
Is a base trim of the Civic Type R finally arriving for MY 2019? (More MY2019 info inside)
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "2019 Toyota Supra Is a BMW Parts Bin Car"
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 United States Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Fixing SH-AWD
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CDX
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My TLX so far
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Re: 2016 Odyssey SE
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: European CO2 madness and why electromobility is pointless
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: Pre-DWB S2000 Engine Management
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CR-V Hybrid 4wd iMMD
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019/2020 Honda FR GT500
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Model Release Matrix?
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: TSX @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> The Dirt on Clean Electric Cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Guangzhou Honda reveals new propietary brand -- LiNian ("Idea") > > Re: Wouldn't mind having it as a Honda

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Wouldn't mind having it as a Honda [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2008 09:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I live in south east Asia, Indonesia to be exact, and typical for developing nation the road condition is abysmal to so-so, even in the capital city. From the this picture, the car looks like a crossover between a compact and mini-SUV with high ground clearance, a perfect combination for "rough" city driving. In fact, I'm ready to trade in my 04' Fit with an 08' Suzuki SX4, just because it has better ground clearance, although slightly worse fuel economy. The road condition nowadays are getting worse and worse in the capital city's residential area.

If Honda does indeed release this model to SE Asia market, I wouldn't mind having it at all... In fact I would trade any car I'm driving in the future for this model. Given the car has airbags, ABS and the new 1.5L i-VTEC.

I have a slight suspicion that this car is Honda's answer to Nissan's latest global model, Livina. Well considering that Livina is the fruit of Nissan + Dongfeng motor company affiliation, why wouldn't Honda follow suit with this model? (hint: Chinese auto company in cooperation with Japanese auto company). On a side note, Nissan Livina is the hottest selling item in Indonesia and China as well. The car is highly configurable on production level, featuring a 5 and 7 seater model (same wheelbase), and sometimes Quarter 3 2008, the Livina will come in a "crossover" fashion, similar to SX4, complete with protective body kit and higher ground clearance.

All in all, a fresh model for Honda in my opinion.

dodole
Profile for dodole
Re: Wouldn't mind having it as a Honda [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2008 19:00
Midi_Amp wrote:
I live in south east Asia, Indonesia to be exact, and typical for developing nation the road condition is abysmal to so-so, even in the capital city. From the this picture, the car looks like a crossover between a compact and mini-SUV with high ground clearance, a perfect combination for "rough" city driving. In fact, I'm ready to trade in my 04' Fit with an 08' Suzuki SX4, just because it has better ground clearance, although slightly worse fuel economy. The road condition nowadays are getting worse and worse in the capital city's residential area.

If Honda does indeed release this model to SE Asia market, I wouldn't mind having it at all... In fact I would trade any car I'm driving in the future for this model. Given the car has airbags, ABS and the new 1.5L i-VTEC.

I have a slight suspicion that this car is Honda's answer to Nissan's latest global model, Livina. Well considering that Livina is the fruit of Nissan + Dongfeng motor company affiliation, why wouldn't Honda follow suit with this model? (hint: Chinese auto company in cooperation with Japanese auto company). On a side note, Nissan Livina is the hottest selling item in Indonesia and China as well. The car is highly configurable on production level, featuring a 5 and 7 seater model (same wheelbase), and sometimes Quarter 3 2008, the Livina will come in a "crossover" fashion, similar to SX4, complete with protective body kit and higher ground clearance.

All in all, a fresh model for Honda in my opinion.

I agree with you I might get one if they sell it here.

krazeericeboi54
Profile for krazeericeboi54
Re: Wouldn't mind having it as a Honda [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2008 21:39
how about making this the next Acura RDX? does anyone know dimensions on this? this one looks better than the RDX IMO

haha...the windows look liek they were taken from the infiniti EX series. i like the menacing look on the front....imagine having this rush up on ur tail at night. make some people crap themselves....

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0