[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
More.......................
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Repair and Maintenance --> 06 odessy spark plug tube leak
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
Odyssey --> Valve adjustment needed?
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Hydrogen Power coming back into focus?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Honda's Hawk: LSR-Attempt Bike
Join Discussion......
Honda Power Equipment --> Re: Considering a Honda mower
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: 2022 TLX FR plank
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Super GT - spoiler
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Roof rails and cross bars installed -- MDX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Politician's cars
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My TLX so far
Join Discussion......
Accord --> 2019 Accord Release Info
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > A Glimpse at the 2009 RL Refresh? > > Re: First Picture of the Front!

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

De-tech-tive
Profile for De-tech-tive
First Picture of the Front! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 14:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

This has to be the RL, right? From what I've read that is the only car they are unveling tommorrow...

De-tech-tive
Profile for De-tech-tive
Re: First Picture of the Front! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 14:01
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/cce?Category=GALLERYdetroit&DateRange=20061101-20091201&Range=1&objectclass=1&Module=1&Class=11&photofoldermultisearch=2008_chicago,acura,car&photofoldermultisearchand=1&Execute=1&Count=1
JeffreynLA
Profile for JeffreynLA
Re: First Picture of the Front! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 14:06
I think that is a pic of the current RL with CMBS / PAX package.
De-tech-tive
Profile for De-tech-tive
Re: First Picture of the Front! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 14:12
You're right. That is the current front end, isn't it.

Sorry about that. I got excited when I seen the post on autoweek. I guess we'll have to wait until tommorrow...

JeffreynLA
Profile for JeffreynLA
Re: First Picture of the Front! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 15:46
I know, the wait is killing me. I am more excited about the RL than the new TSX and TL for some reason.
Chas2
Profile for Chas2
Re: First Picture of the Front! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 17:51
This looks like the front end of a CMBS RL. The plastic shield hides the radar antenna. Previous RLs 2006-2008 without CMBS had sort of 3D sculpted "A"
Turkle
Profile for Turkle
Re: First Picture of the Front! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 22:30
JeffreynLA,

I am in agreement with you about being more excited about the upcoming RL redesign. I am not sure if it is excitement or trepidation. To me, if Acura does not "stick" the RL redesign, then it tells me how committed they are to really moving the Acura name up in the luxury market. I think most everyone on this site is getting a little worn thin about the promises of moving Acura up to a Tier 1 luxury brand.
In the grander scheme of things I really think that all of the Japanese luxury brands are limited by thier parent companies. The German luxury brands, especially BMW and Mercedes, are true luxury brand companies. Audi is trying to create more separation from VW to look and act more distinct, but it seems even VW counters these attempts with cars like the Passat CC.
The Japanese luxury brands started out functioning as large divisions (Lincoln to Ford, Buick to GM) and seem shackled for this relationship. Lexus seems to be advancing away from this situation faster than Infiniti and Acura, but there is still too much "bread and butter" getting mixed with the cavier and champagne. I hope people understand my analogy.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0