[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
More.......................
Acura releases details on refreshed 2019 ILX
2019 Accord loses EX-L Navi and 1.5T Touring trims
American Honda Reports August Sales Increase as Trucks Smash Previous Records
2019 NSX Debuts in Monterey with Design Updates, Chassis Enhancements and Expanded Color Palette
2019 Civic trim change summary
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota wants new Celica or MR2
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Toyota Supra - First Drive
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D Lightning Lap 2018
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Honda URB
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interesting take on the "Camaro Crisis"
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: All-New Cadillac 2019 XT4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: First Ford, now Nissan dropping Sedans
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Audi Will Reportedly No Longer Offer Any Manual Transmissions in the U.S.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Looking at a 2018 Accord Sport!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: SuperGT - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 BMW 8-Series
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Anybody towing with 9AT Pilot or Odysseys?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indycar - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > A Glimpse at the 2009 RL Refresh? > > Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do.....

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Posted in TOV forums in December... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 08:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I sure know you are very busy Jeff, and I'm impatient for your coverage of Chicago Show, but actually rendezvous65 posted this on the boards in December...

I guess that with so much arguing recently in TOV, it got unnoticed, but here it was:
Link on TOV. (use fancy_mode)

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 08:23
danielgr wrote:
I sure know you are very busy Jeff, and I'm impatient for your coverage of Chicago Show, but actually rendezvous65 posted this on the boards in December...

I guess that with so much arguing recently in TOV, it got unnoticed, but here it was:
Link on TOV. (use fancy_mode)

that's funny - I even participated in that thread but never went back far enough to see that the image had been posted.

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 08:40
LOL Jeff =P
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 09:15
Am I seeing "LEGEND" across the back? JDM perhaps?
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 09:18
And I'm hoping this doesn't go the way of a C-Class rip-off...
LudegarH22A7
Profile for LudegarH22A7
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 09:52
Neal wrote:

That's what hit me 1st too, Neal...a chiseled C-class booty. Can't wait to see more...

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 10:17
Neal wrote:

yeah, ugh... I'm not a fan of the blocky, upright styling of the new C-class at all. That car got whacked all over with an ugly stick.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do..... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 11:07
Jeff wrote:
Neal wrote:

yeah, ugh... I'm not a fan of the blocky, upright styling of the new C-class at all. That car got whacked all over with an ugly stick.

A side by side pic of the same rear block of an 08 next to this pic so we can compare???

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do..... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 12:11
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Neal wrote:

A side by side pic of the same rear block of an 08 next to this pic so we can compare???

Just use your mental calculator to assume what you'd do, given structural changes are too expensive:

You'd square up the bootlid panel, creating more luggage room and teh appearance a larger ass. You'd square off the wings & lights to match. Just like Borgward did with the '59 Isabella.

You could change the roof panel, rear screen & rail, to a more TSX-like, shunkier design & get another 2cm of rear headroom, allowing you to move the rear seat back by sculpting it more.

We understand the raer door skins are unchanged.

So you'd start a bolder belt line down the front ones, continue it downward onto more broader front wings, with slightly more flared arches, to make the car look wider and with a more defined TSX/C4 family look.

You'd put on the origami headlamps and a higher, more pronounced grille, which woul help make the front look bigger & more squared off like the back.

Then you'd go down the pub & think about the 2010 model!

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do..... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 12:38
I always figured they went to the pub first!
98EX4cyl
Profile for 98EX4cyl
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do..... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 12:56
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Neal wrote:

09 RL

08 RL

08 Accord Sedan

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do..... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 13:14
98EX4cyl wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Neal wrote:

09 RL

08 RL

08 Accord Sedan

Thank You. I like the Accord toss in 8>D

toguewarrior
Profile for toguewarrior
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do..... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 13:16
anybody know about voice activated doors locks, climate control by individual seat, light dimming by seat ? Acura IMX ?
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do..... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 13:53
OK. Now I think the 09 pic is a fake. Looking at the POV and highlighting between both pics they appear to be identical. As if the 09 pic is a retouch/splice of the 08.

I doubt that the lighting, etc. could be such a perfect match!

98EX4cyl wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Neal wrote:

09 RL

08 RL

08 Accord Sedan

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do..... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 14:46
Neal wrote:
OK. Now I think the 09 pic is a fake. Looking at the POV and highlighting between both pics they appear to be identical. As if the 09 pic is a retouch/splice of the 08.

98EX4cyl wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Neal wrote:

09 RL

08 RL

08 Accord Sedan

Good call. You guys amaze me with your computer skills. I thought the shadowing was kind of the same, but only by eye.

All this splicing and gigewigs you guys figure out. Maybe I should pay to learn how to use computers, Hell I have 3 of them at home and they are all newer and powerful, and I use not even close to what they can do.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do..... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 16:00
Looking closer still, do you see that the 08 reverse lights have been directly moved up to the top in the "09"?!
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do..... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 16:51
Neal wrote:
Looking closer still, do you see that the 08 reverse lights have been directly moved up to the top in the "09"?!

Yah, The top of the light is also level with the Horizontal body line and the deck lid is a little more boxed and raised.

Nate34
Profile for Nate34
Re: Posted in TOV forums in December... Can anyone do..... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-05-2008 21:55
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Neal wrote:

98EX4cyl wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Neal wrote:

09 RL

08 RL

08 Accord Sedan

Good call. You guys amaze me with your computer skills. I thought the shadowing was kind of the same, but only by eye.

All this splicing and gigewigs you guys figure out. Maybe I should pay to learn how to use computers, Hell I have 3 of them at home and they are all newer and powerful, and I use not even close to what they can do.

Is it just me or the Accord's bumper doesnt match the rest of the body?? Seems like a snow-white as opposed to true white..

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0