[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Electricity Supplies tight in Calimestan
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Mishimoto Catch Can - What For?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Spare Wheel Kit: Damaged Wheel
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2008 North American International Auto Show Wrap-up > > Re: CHAMCO Auto

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
CHAMCO Auto [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-19-2008 14:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
We are the franchised dealer for CHAMCO Auto. It will be interesting to see how these trucks hold up and how they price them. We are also a Honda/Toyota dealer and these trucks look like Toyotas.

I guess if they want a Toyota and don't want to pay the Toyota price, I'll show them the CHAMCO Auto truck and say this is what you want!

RyanDL
Profile for RyanDL
Re: CHAMCO Auto [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-20-2008 12:00
HONDA AFVM wrote:
We are the franchised dealer for CHAMCO Auto. It will be interesting to see how these trucks hold up and how they price them. We are also a Honda/Toyota dealer and these trucks look like Toyotas.

I guess if they want a Toyota and don't want to pay the Toyota price, I'll show them the CHAMCO Auto truck and say this is what you want!

I'll go out on a limb and say that your dealership's decision to become a franchise for Chamco (or any Chinese brand) is a terrible business venture. These were hands-down the most awful vehicles I've ever laid hands on.

Run!!!

Ryan

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: CHAMCO Auto [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-20-2008 12:55
RyanDL wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

I'll go out on a limb and say that your dealership's decision to become a franchise for Chamco (or any Chinese brand) is a terrible business venture. These were hands-down the most awful vehicles I've ever laid hands on.

Run!!!

Ryan

Yah, I'm not thrilled I have no say. I spoke with the owner about it in depth Friday and he is just going with the flow. His take is if it happens or not itís no biggie. What we did apply for was the "Smart" franchise, but we are not a Penski dealer. We would have had it if Penski was not in the area. That is a gold mine.

I would rather invest that Chamco money in "green transportation" and alternative fuels and solar panels for the dealership, but we already have a big chunk of out budget invested in that area. I will up date you when and if it works out, but I got some stuff in the oven cooking.

I'm not holding my breath for these Chi-Com cars to arrive any time soon, but if they do, people will buy them. I bought 2 Hyundai's back in the 80's and they were cheep, but I put 180k on the 88 I had and 35k (got totaled) on the 87 I had. I had no choice; it was all I could afford at the time. I got my 1988 for $99 (plus tax and fees) dollars down and $99 dollars a month, I couldn't pass that one up. I had that car for 6 years.

I would think the Chi-Com cars will be better then those cars I had 20 years ago. I can agree with you that in todayís standards that they will be considered junk.

rendezvous65
Profile for rendezvous65
Re: CHAMCO Auto [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-04-2008 00:24
Were the other chinese cars just as bad?

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0