[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: My next car?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > First Dyno Test of 2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 5AT > > Re: acura over honda

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

acurasales
Profile for acurasales
acura over honda [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2007 15:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
can't wait for the 2009 TSX...
hndajnkie1
Profile for hndajnkie1
Re: acura over honda [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2007 17:37
Why? it is basically the same model with 20 more Horses, body style change but not much else
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: acura over honda [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2007 21:53
hndajnkie wrote:
Why? it is basically the same model with 20 more Horses, body style change but not much else

You don't know yet, and should not assume as much.

hndajnkie1
Profile for hndajnkie1
Re: acura over honda [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-17-2007 15:07
It is what I was told at the Acura division office in Dallas a couple of weeks ago by a marketing person working on the launch campaign He said " There will not be a turbo and all wheel drive on the model introduced first cause we cannot get the gas milage out of it"
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: acura over honda [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-17-2007 21:18
First of all, the statement has me confused. What did he mean by "model introduced first?" We already speculate that there's a base TSX with extra hp but with a FF layout - this is not a bad thing btw - but we also think there might be a Type-S with SH-AWD and a K23A in there. Whether or not that is true is besides the point. A car does not need a turbo and AWD to be significantly different from the previous generation car. You do not know how the new TSX drives, and should not assume that it's just someone slapping on a simple I/H/E modification and some exterior pieces on top of an old chassis and suspension layout. And finally, the bit about gas mileage is absurd. The RDX and MDX are gas guzzlers, yet we're talking about a lightweight sports sedan. Honda, the innovators of CVCC engines and Tier 2 Bin 5 Catalytic converters for diesel, cannot force better MPG out of it's vehicles? How can they justify not introducing a turbo AWD TSX on the basis of fuel economy when there are surely vehicles with worse economy?

And finally, why would the marketing people already be in the know? The car isn't even complete yet. Unless Honda has an extremely different corporate policy from the other auto manufacturers, I don't see how a marketing person would know that much in this stage of the game. Especially someone in Dallas.

hndajnkie1
Profile for hndajnkie1
Re: acura over honda [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2007 12:51
He was on the team in charge of setting the lease rates and programs on it so yes he would be in the know the car hits in 6 months or so. Marketing starts a year in advance...i.e. focus groups etc. In digging they did contend that there would be a performance model that would come later and then they did go into the new philosophy of Acura bringing out some cars that will build the brand. That was rather good news to me since i work for them. He had just transferred to Dallas which is the home for the financial services wing. He was from main offices in Cali. I agree with you as far as the car does not need a turbo but it would be nice to have something a little more competitive to a IS 250 or G35 or the 3 series and the current TSX is fun but does not come across to consumers in the same stratosphere as those competitors. I love the TSX for what it is, I just wish it were a little more solid in feel and a little quieter in ride so that we would quit having it compared to Accord, Jetta and Toyota. This is a problem I doubt Infiniti, Lexus, and BMW do not deal with so much. Matter of fact i know when i was with infiniti I did have some cross against Nissan but rarely was there any question once they drove the car.

5thTo2nd
Profile for 5thTo2nd
Re: acura over honda [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2007 14:42
CarPhreakD wrote:
We already speculate that there's a base TSX with extra hp but with a FF layout - this is not a bad thing btw - but we also think there might be a Type-S with SH-AWD and a K23A in there.

CarPhreak, for a minute there I thought I was reading a post by CiaoVa!

HndaJnkie, since marketing is planned a year in advance, care to give us some inside hints at how they plan to market the car? Are they sticking with the same target audience or trying to capture a new group of buyers?

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0