[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Honda recalling 232,000 2018 Accords and 2019 Insights for rear camera software update
2019 Accord arriving in showrooms by November
Is a base trim of the Civic Type R finally arriving for MY 2019? (More MY2019 info inside)
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
Type R --> Re: Top Gear: Here's what seven months living with a Honda Civic Type R is like
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hydrogen vs Battery-tanks
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: So they took apart a Tesla 3 and found.......
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord 2.0 Touring: First Impressions
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 United States Grand Prix Race Spoilers
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> New status symbol: Dream garages
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Honda to bring mystery off-road truck to 2018 SEMA
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: European CO2 madness and why electromobility is pointless
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CR-V Hybrid 4wd iMMD
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The Dirt on Clean Electric Cars
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Drove one over the weekend...
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers
Join Discussion......
S2000 --> Bridgewater Acura Meet
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 MotoGP
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Spied on the Streets! A First Look at the 2009 Acura TSX > > Re: History Repeats Itself !

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

sikatb
Profile for sikatb
History Repeats Itself ! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 19:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Is history repeating itself at Acura ? I hope I am totally wrong. Remember the CLX concept ? When the production CL came out , it was not only so far from the concept itself, it was so boring bland. As result, the CL is dead.

http://www.freecarwallpaper.net/acura/clx/html/Acura-CLX-001.shtml

Then Acura came out with another bland looking car , the RL. Same result, people aint buying it.

Acura has a serious image problem. Alot of their cars look so bland that you wont know that Acura is a luxury division. Acura just keeps shooting itself on the foot.

Hey Acura, looks do sell also ! Look at the current TL , TSX and MDX ! Need we say more ...

I am still hoping that the new TSX will be a stunner .

Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: History Repeats Itself ! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 22:01
Current TSX IS BLAND AS HELL YET ITS A CHAMP IN SALES

Therefore I proved your theory wrong. The RL fails because it has a V6 and its not RWD. CL was too ugly and therefore failed.

TSX has surpased Hondas sales predictions by leaps and bounds and is the king of all cars now.

dezoris
Profile for dezoris
Re: History Repeats Itself ! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2007 19:36
Correct this is another bland front wheel drive Accord clone that looks the same as about 10 other mid-sized cars on the market.

Its nice to see there are so many choices for bland well built appliance like cars, but there is not heart or soul in any of these mass produced main stream cars anymore.

NickDC5
Profile for NickDC5
Re: History Repeats Itself ! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2007 22:03
dezoris wrote:
Correct this is another bland front wheel drive Accord clone that looks the same as about 10 other mid-sized cars on the market.

Its nice to see there are so many choices for bland well built appliance like cars, but there is not heart or soul in any of these mass produced main stream cars anymore.

You can call cars "boring" and "bland" all you want, but numbers don't lie. Honda's trying to make money here, so by keeping the Accord from looking out of place they've made it one of their staple cars. It sells like crazy, no matter what people think about its styling.

However, the new Accord, at least in coupe form, is not bland at all. As a sedan I think it's a very good looking car. Honda went out to style the car to be a little more "edgy" and it will certainly pay off; they made a beautiful car. So this might mean that Honda will try to make the next TSX a little more emotional, like the Accord, and it will pay off equally immensely.

As for people constantly calling Japanese cars "appliances" (I guess nobody's ever seen a Malibu or Taurus?), I'd like someone to actually quantify this. What YOU subjectively think about the appearance of a vehicle clearly doesn't represent what others may feel. Honda's tried again and again to make their cars fun to drive. And they are. Please prove your position and make it so you don't appear to just be repeating what the local domestic fans have been falsely and ignorantly stating for a few months now with little to no reason. Heart and soul in a car? Define this. You seem to be trying to make a point that people don't argue against entirely because the point itself is senseless. You just picked up a fantasy argument and repackage it, as if you went to autoblog, saw what a few LS1 boys repeat blindly, and started doing it too.

On a different note, have you ever seen a TL in person? I've thought that is a wonderfully beautiful car. I've seen this for about two years, and even today I saw one driving in front of me and noticed it hasn't aged a single day. It's probably one of the best looking sedans I've seen on the road ever. Only the IS300 and e36 sedans challenge it in terms of looks. The TSX is another beautiful car. It's smaller and sharper, not as clean-cut and modestly powerful looking, like the TL, but for an Accord, it's not bland at all. It's got great design qualities. The RL, now, I can completely understand people calling it dull, but it's supposed to be- it's an old man's car (currently). It's designed to sell to buyers who want safety, reliability, and who have money (and don't want FWD for practicality reasons, not performance reasons), not people who want hardcore performance and that alone.

So please don't criticize the current TSX for looking "bland" or the TL, or the Accord, because they're not. Secondly, I want you to explain the ridiculous argument of the "appliance" car, keeping in mind that soccer moms and dads don't want a car that can do a 12 second quarter mile run. I'm suggesting you don't even know what an appliance-like car is, but rather you're just repeating a poor statement ignorantly solely so you can have something to say about a car that's superior to so many of its competitors. If you can't find something wrong with it, make something up, I guess.

eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: History Repeats Itself ! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2007 22:16
you should see the Rl, its is the nicest car i have ever seen, it's one of those cars you have to see in person to see it's beauty.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: History Repeats Itself ! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-05-2007 04:39
eneka wrote:
you should see the Rl, its is the nicest car i have ever seen, it's one of those cars you have to see in person to see it's beauty.

I love my Legend, but I don't think it beautiful. Now the NSX, while not perfect [damn close though] IS beautiful! Even after 17 years.

The Legend is one of those cars that doesn't stick out in a crowd, but if you take the time to look at, you realise it is handsome and even purposeful.

What I like about Honda is they don't make many ugly, or un-gainly cars [original Prelude anyone?] Their designs invariably age better than most.

mikechen890
Profile for mikechen890
Re: History Repeats Itself ! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-06-2007 23:42
i love the styling 2nd gen acura legends especially the coupes. From the 3rd gen on acura lost the looks on the legend/RL

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0