[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge·podge
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Spied on the Streets! A First Look at the 2009 Acura TSX > > Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Dan-o
Profile for Dan-o
Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 15:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Given the dramatic changes in the Accord, the TSX seems to have undergone a rather tame makeover. Nice power improvements, tho.
sochester
Profile for sochester
Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 15:26
Dan-o wrote:
Given the dramatic changes in the Accord, the TSX seems to have undergone a rather tame makeover. Nice power improvements, tho.

I was just about to say the same thing. Especially that top view of the vehicle.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 15:34
sochester wrote:
Dan-o wrote:

I was just about to say the same thing. Especially that top view of the vehicle.

The headlights and taillights in particular look pretty familiar - I'm wondering if they simply patched in some '08 TSX elements to throw people off. I don't really see a lot of the "Sports4" in this particular car.

ctvader
Profile for ctvader
Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 15:42
I was thinking it looks like the current TL. Do we know the release date for the 2009 TSX?
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 15:44
ctvader wrote:
I was thinking it looks like the current TL. Do we know the release date for the 2009 TSX?

we don't have a confirmation but the general consensus pegs it at Spring '08.

PrecisionCrafted
Profile for PrecisionCrafted
Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 15:45
Looking at the pics and even though I know it is covered up somewhat, I am not too impressed with the looks.

While the front adopts the "Advanced Sedan's" grill I'm not seeing too much in the way from the side or rear. I figured the tail lights would not deviate too much from the current look I did expect the greenhouse glass area to be a little bit more interesting. Mybe it will be.

Well at this point, the new TL looks to be more dairing in the design department.

Also I take it since Acura's launch in Japan is delayed then the third generation TSX will be the model to appear there and in Europe.

98EX4cyl
Profile for 98EX4cyl
Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 16:28
Jeff wrote:
sochester wrote:
Dan-o wrote:

The headlights and taillights in particular look pretty familiar - I'm wondering if they simply patched in some '08 TSX elements to throw people off. I don't really see a lot of the "Sports4" in this particular car.

1) Ditto, where's the Sports4 in this car??
2) How did they mistake this for a Civic MMC??
3) Nice buldging wheel wells
4) Here's the car for all those who are complaing that the 08 Accord got too big

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 16:44
98EX4cyl wrote:
Jeff wrote:
sochester wrote:
Dan-o wrote:

1) Ditto, where's the Sports4 in this car??
2) How did they mistake this for a Civic MMC??
3) Nice buldging wheel wells
4) Here's the car for all those who are complaing that the 08 Accord got too big

2) I believe they were thinking "Civic" when they first saw the car early in the AM when it was underneath a car cover, perhaps based upon the general shape/size. Then when the cover was removed later, they realized there was no way it was the Civic MMC.

Last edited by JeffX on 10-03-2007 16:45
AK
Profile for AK
Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2007 23:52
Here's my 2 cents.

Styling needs to be better. I hope it is. The current tsx is bland, the TL is nice, the civic was very 'different' .

Engines, 230HP and 260HP? Both are 4 cyc?
Hmm.. I hope they are mindful of price and their competetion.

People who buy this car will shop the Accord V6, EX, V6 coupe etc. 190HP, or 250+ HP V6's.

People will also compare this to the IS250. They are selling them nicely equipped at invoice, which is 31400+ tax. And it's a Lexus, better brand/resale than acura.

I dont like the fact that I have to get the Type S just to get more HP and SHawd. If that's the case, and they are talking 36K price range and 'no discounts' for a year.. well,then I might as well get the IS350, cuz those are going for less than 35K.

They need to be very mindful of the price. If the base has nothing special and is almost identical to the current tsx, then why get it vs the new accord?

I'm going to wait 8 months after April when it comes out. I'll then shop the IS250/350 and Accord V6, EX, or Accord v6 coupe to it.

Honda4Ever
Profile for Honda4Ever
Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-05-2007 02:14

I see a lot of the Sports4 on the new TSX. There's the fender flares and the higher shoulder giving it a more aggressive, squat look. Then there's the hood with its side bulges and the center crease just like the Sports4. The roofline is also much different from the current TSX and more closely mimics the Sports4. The slightly more raked windshield and the way the C-pillar blends with the trunk gives the new TSX a curved roofline compared to the current TSX, which has more of a parallelogram shape due to the windshield and rear window having about the same rake and the flatter roof.

I think once the camo is gone, you will see that is a lot closer to the Sports4 than it is to the current TSX.

archknight
Profile for archknight
Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-08-2007 11:25

These are only test mules people, they have patched together parts from a production model and added some new equipment onto a new chassis for testing purposes. If the Accord Tourer Concept is any indication of the what the Euro Accord is to look like, then expect the Sports4 to emerge as the new TSX. If the new production version of the Euro Accord sedan isn't going to debut until March at the Geneva Auto Show, I wouldn't count on this being a final product in any way. Besides with a turbo under the hood they would need the open ventilation to test the intercooler, hence the open top and lower portion of the front fascia. I would expect the Type-S version to sport vents near the front wheels and fascia for air flow. If anyone knows how to photoshop, just take the front fascia of the Accord Tourer wire mesh the lower portion, add MDX grill will smaller bottom bar, rounded foglamps pushed out towards the lower corners on the fascia, and you have the face of the next TSX.

Kryngle Da Great
Profile for Kryngle Da Great
Re: Sure looks a lot like the current TSX [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-08-2007 14:58
I dunno but I have been starin at this mule and the 2008 Accord sedan and I honestly this its an Accord body WITH small mods here and there but I really do see an Accord body. I could be wrong but I also can be right. Prolly they just have the new TSX specs under there. Who knows. Im a do some more diggin.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0