[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
More.......................
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Will the next-gen TLX bring back double wishbones? Or a Plugin Hybrid model?
Acura tackles Pikes Peak with 2019 RDX, NSX, and TLX entries
Honda Partners on General Motors’ Next Gen Battery Development
Trucks Set Records as Core Products Deliver American Honda May Sales Gains
First in a Generation: All-New 2019 Acura RDX Arrives in Showrooms June 1
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Volvo S60
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover
Join Discussion......
Classifieds: Buy & Sell --> Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: Camera directed car toward oncoming traffic after windshield replacement
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Nikkei: Battery wars: Japan teams up for next-gen electric cars
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 French Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2018 World Cup
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Next gen RLX and ILX
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: 3rd Generation Honda Insight Reviews
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Some juicy Acura info!!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0T Touring or Kia Stinger 2.0T Premium?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Autobild report: Red Bull switching to Honda
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Spied on the Streets! A First Look at the 2009 Acura TSX > > Re: Wheels...

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

DCR
Profile for DCR
Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 15:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Not liking the little twist on those.

The car looks pretty good though.

QUELUDE
Profile for QUELUDE
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 15:29
I doubt those are production wheels. Just something lying around for testing.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 16:02
I've never seen that style of wheels before so it may well be the "bespoke" wheel for that car. ;-) I, too, do not care much for them - or the car, for that matter.
jbbrann
Profile for jbbrann
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2007 20:12
Hopefully these aren't the production wheels, at least for the Type-S. The offsets don't look quite right, and it looks like they're shod in those awful Michelin MXM4s.

JZacuto
Profile for JZacuto
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2007 15:22
DCR wrote:

Actually, is it just me or do those look a LOT like the stock rims off of the current RL?

Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2007 15:38
DCR wrote:

Haven't you seen that C pillar before? Aren't you disappointed? Like you were with the Accord coupe?

WCA19
Profile for WCA19
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2007 16:16
I belive that wheels can sometimes make or break a car, they are that important(at least to me) and the wheels on this mule are HORRIBLE. Ugly and small, makes the car look like a large civic, -not good. Even if that is the premium model and not a Type-S they are still no good. Please HONDA do not use these. If anything use some of the New Accords new large optional wheels..
MrRogers
Profile for MrRogers
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-06-2007 09:00
Those have to be the production rims for the new TSX. Those rims strongly resemble those seen on the recent Accord Tourer Concept. However, I hate how the production rims are smaller, have more rubber, and really does make this TSX look like a Civic.
Wizard
Profile for Wizard
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-06-2007 23:22
MrRogers wrote:
Those have to be the production rims for the new TSX. Those rims strongly resemble those seen on the recent Accord Tourer Concept. However, I hate how the production rims are smaller, have more rubber, and really does make this TSX look like a Civic.

BMW doesn't seem to have trouble using Civic sized wheels in its 328i. They both use P205/55/R16.

The reality is, we're going overboard with rim sizes, which adds to the cost, and worse, weight.

Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-07-2007 03:05
Wizard wrote:
MrRogers wrote:

BMW doesn't seem to have trouble using Civic sized wheels in its 328i. They both use P205/55/R16.

The reality is, we're going overboard with rim sizes, which adds to the cost, and worse, weight.

17 is minimum too look good.

18 makes ur BMW look like a top model 335i sport package anyone?

It has alot more pressence.

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-07-2007 03:54
Presence... you're driving a small BMW 3-series, the whole point is that it's light and nimble... if you wanted presence go buy a Hummer (dick on wheels) or a Escalade. 16" wheels is fine, any larger adds considerable weight. Racecars and driftcars rarely move beyond 16" wheels into the 17+ realm.
roninsi02
Profile for roninsi02
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-07-2007 23:46
UM you're driving a regular civic. Its not a race car. 16" wheels with the right design look good. BMW for example makes very attractive looking wheels. These IMO look bloated and heavy.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Wheels... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-08-2007 00:03