[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Climate pre-conditioning
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Carlos Ghosn arrested! He gone
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The Grinch "Takeover". Thoughts?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Type S Announcment at LA
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Service Experiences --> Need a good shop in South SF
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Japanese Auto Manufacturers want two rules changes
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda' new BEV
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: What's Wrong with HF1

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
What's Wrong with HF1    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2007 03:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Matt Bishop, columnist at Autosport.com has some very important things to say about the teams situation!

http://www.autosport.com/journal/article.php/id/1158

To paraphrase - it aint necessarily Fry's fault, but rather Nakamoto's!

Basically it would seem that Bishop thinks Nakamoto is seriously out of his depth in F1, and everybody in the industry knows it, except fot the head boys back in Tokyo.

Gulp.

End play is get Brawn or Pat Symonds [Renault] as the new Technical Head or else. Regardless of cost.

I know it is only one man's opinion, but a lot of what he says rings true. Sobering to say the least.

IMHO
Profile for IMHO
Re: What's Wrong with HF1    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2007 05:37
I certainly hope Bishop is not taking credit for these findings. This is old news by now.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: What's Wrong with HF1    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-20-2007 07:35
IMHO wrote:
I certainly hope Bishop is not taking credit for these findings. This is old news by now.

Yup, it is old news. The guy knows racing though. He just needs the experience. That is why Honda has hired Boic or whatever dude's name is and a few others. Who's the guy they hired to be like co-director with Nakamoto? I think Honda will be on the podium several times next year.

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: What's Wrong with HF1    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2007 07:52
I think we need to be fair to Nakamoto. When he was asked to take over Willis' job, he publicly made it very clear that he knows he will be out of his depth. In response, he clearly indicated that he will be more of an overseer and that his tech people will be the one doing the main designing. I think it's just the press wanting to make a big story out of things. They still believe in prima-donnas so they see Nakamoto as the prima-donna of HF1 and accordingly, since this year's car is so miserable, they are having a fine time bashing Nakamoto.
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: What's Wrong with HF1    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-21-2007 14:48
WongKN wrote:
I think we need to be fair to Nakamoto. When he was asked to take over Willis' job, he publicly made it very clear that he knows he will be out of his depth. In response, he clearly indicated that he will be more of an overseer and that his tech people will be the one doing the main designing. I think it's just the press wanting to make a big story out of things. They still believe in prima-donnas so they see Nakamoto as the prima-donna of HF1 and accordingly, since this year's car is so miserable, they are having a fine time bashing Nakamoto.

Honestly a lot of the criticism I see in the press is just repeating the same line over and over again. "He's out of his depth". That indicates to me that nobody really knows what's going on, they're just going on what they've heard.

Another thing I've heard a lot is, "Honda is trying to manage things by committee and that doesn't work in Formula 1." The source of that opinion is Geoff Willis and of course he's going to say that. Never mind the fact that McLaren uses a form of committee management to great effect.

At the moment the results are terrible so you can't say that Nakamoto is not somewhat responsible. But who knows how much blame he (or Nick Fry, or Wada, or...) deserves.

soniccar
Profile for soniccar
Re: What's Wrong with HF1    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2007 11:55
It was that McLaren Committee Management that must know all about the findings in the scandal and could be made interesting.

Ross Brawn would never come back to Ferrari in the state they are in. not to say he would come to Honda if there are heavy hands in Japan controlling him. But who knows the real story? Not I.

floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: What's Wrong with HF1    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2007 16:42
soniccar wrote:
Ross Brawn would never come back to Ferrari in the state they are in. not to say he would come to Honda if there are heavy hands in Japan controlling him. But who knows the real story? Not I.

That's antithetical to Honda's culture

Like you said, it's hard to know what's going to happen!

soniccar
Profile for soniccar
Re: What's Wrong with HF1    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2007 17:00
Honda's history proves you are correct. But, everyone seems to have the answer, including Matt Bishop. Facts are: Dart his hired, Honda is 2nd, Darth is let go, Honda struggles, Geoff is let go, Honda wins one race (but slips in championship) and, now, Honda is worse off than last year. Tires? Aero? Engineers? Management? Engine? Brakes? Lack of advert?

This reminds me of when Honda switched to the V-12 and then abandoned ship.

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: What's Wrong with HF1    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2007 18:17
soniccar wrote:
It was that McLaren Committee Management that must know all about the findings in the scandal and could be made interesting.

I wouldn't go saying things like that until the facts come out. It would be no better than the people who were calling Honda cheaters back in '05. There are far too many things in this scandal that don't add up for me to cast any judgement as of yet.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0