[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2020 Corolla Revealed
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Hydrogen Power coming back into focus?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda' new BEV
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Unexpected Low Coolant warning/service
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interview Max Verstappen on F1 and Watches & the new TAG Heuer Verstappen Edition
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 Advance Squeaks and Camera Issues
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hyundai Veloster N starts at $27,785
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-09-2007 12:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Not too bad a showing from him. Autosport is hinting at some conspiracy theories but Nick's interview, I feel, more or less shuts them up.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60680

Looks like Nick is good at handling public relations.

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-09-2007 12:22
Its a bit absurd for either Ferrari or McLaren to complain that Honda didn't notify them earlier. I didn't see either one of them sticking their necks out to defend Honda during the fuel fiasco of 05. Good show by Nick, he handled that very well.
soniccar
Profile for soniccar
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-09-2007 12:32
where was the complaints about the moveable aero devices in the front wheels of the Ferrari? What about the team member "touching" the Ferrari? Is everyone that afraid of Ferrari?
blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 00:23
"There is no evidence to suggest that Honda or Fry did anything improper, or that they knew about the existence of any Ferrari documents. Indeed, had they ultimately signed up Coughlan and Stepney's 'dream team,' possibly involving the extra four Ferrari stuff Stepney says were willing to come along too, the team could have been congratulated for a great coup."

So have they been signed up or not? Or did they decide to go ahead with Loic Bigois, Francois Martinet, Peter Coysh, and John Owen instead? Or were they planning on hiring all of them, with the announcement for Stepney and Coughlan now pending the trial?

blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 00:35
That interview was very well worded. Absolutely appropriate. Fry handled that very well, keeping Honda in the clear, and not going into anything that isn't relevant.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 00:54
But who is this?

"We have employed someone who will assist Nakamoto-san," team boss Nick Fry told Reuters when asked at the weekend's British Grand Prix whether the team were looking to recruit a technical director.

Apparently they have, but he may not be named till Christmas! Very interesting. I wonder if Brawn is about to tell Todt where he can put it, in response to the way Todt is treating Stepney?

IMHO
Profile for IMHO
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 01:04
sadlerau wrote:
But who is this?

"We have employed someone who will assist Nakamoto-san," team boss Nick Fry told Reuters when asked at the weekend's British Grand Prix whether the team were looking to recruit a technical director.

Apparently they have, but he may not be named till Christmas! Very interesting. I wonder if Brawn is about to tell Todt where he can put it, in response to the way Todt is treating Stepney?

"employed someone who will": the past tense, and then back to the future. Doesn't sound like some big name when using "employed", as opposed to be in "charge of" or "responsible for". If it is some big name,then that may explain Fry's trip to Japan before the British GP, to get the final OK from the big Honda folks to sign on ...uh... Brawn?

Aaaaah. Wishful thinking.

SonyFever
Profile for SonyFever
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 02:05
Well.. I don't think the person is Ross Brawn because:
1) He is rumored to be interested in team principal position.
2) At his level... it's unlikely he will be willing to assist Nakamoto.

My guess is it's someone from the top fours. I rule out Williams because I think it is at a position that it would take money over putting its personnel on garden leave until the end of the year.

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 02:07
I thought Brawn wasn't really a tech director while he was at Ferrari ? But if indeed Nick has managed to hire Brawn, then it would've seriously been the coup of the century. Think about the scenario, while Ferrari is busy trying to kill off Stepney's reputation and drag along Mac while they are at it, thinking themselves very smart, meanwhile Nickie here is quietly working in the background netting the catch of the century (granted this century is still very new :P ). If Nick really pulls this off, hats off to him. I'll eat all the bad things I have said about him and I will bow to him as the saviour of Honda (eventhough I do not support the hiring of prima-donnas for Honda, I think no-one, not even me, will argue against hiring Ross Brawn !).
SonyFever
Profile for SonyFever
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 02:09
Indeed, awesome! Nicky :p
rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 07:33
Is it Ross Brawn or not, we'll find out very soon when Todt and Brawn meet up.

If Brawn indeed going back to Ferrari, there should be announcement sooner then Christmas for sure.

Or maybe just Brawn going to meet with Todt and tell him that he has already signed with Honda... lol, very unlikely but well.. we could at least wish for that!

Ray

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 08:55
Well, maybe not so early. If I were in Ross Brawn's shoes, I won't be able to help but observe how Ferrari is destroying one of their key employees -someone whom without doubt had contributed a lot to the team and its success - but he is being destroyed mercilessly without any hint of regret and without any appreciation for the contribution he has made. Now, Ross is still on sabatical, officially. This means officially he is still an employee of Ferrari. So IF I am Ross, my mind will be racing with various danger scenarios of how Ferrari might destroy me if I am to tell them I don't want to work for them anymore. So what is the best, safest course of action ?

I TELL THEM I NEED MORE TIME TO THINK THINGS OVER. I WANT AN EXTENSION OF MY SABATTICAL. AFTER my contract is officially out and over and I am a free man, THEN I drop the bomb... sorry I decided I prefer to work with a more ethical team - Honda !

I know, I know... DREAM ON Wong !! LOL....

But if Brawn and Stepney are that close as the media makes them out to be, I just can't believe that the modern world has made people so hard as to totally ignore what a corporation is doing to one's close friend, clearly to destroy that man's carreer and reputation. Surely today's materialistic society cannot have made Ross such a hard and cold person as to ignore this ?!!!

I mean, IF it were Honda, I am very sure they will want to bury the skeleton deep inside the cardboard and quietly dismiss the employee and get on with it, preferably without the world ever knowing. Even if Ferrari wants to sue Coughlan for those claimed drawings, they can easily do it without making it so obvious Stepney is involved. But the way it is being done, it is completely heartless. If I were Ross Brawn, seriously, I think the guy is very intelligent and I hope he can clearly see the shit that is happening and guy, THINK TWICE, no, think many times before ever setting foot back in Ferrari again !!

ciwai
Profile for ciwai
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 10:41
I would take Byrne over Brawn. He has more of what they're lacking, and is more likely to work alongside someone as well; though I think he is unlikely. It'll probably be a lesser name.
Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 15:38
We should also consider the role the person would play and if that is their expertise. We dont just need talent, we need talent in their area of expertise. If what we need most is was Ross is the best at then I say it would be fantastic. We need technical/engineering skill. Is Ross the man for that? I think he was as effective as he was because all the other elements around him were in place. We need the strong foundation first.
s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: Nick Fry opens his mouth....    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 16:22
WongKN wrote:
Well, maybe not so early. If I were in Ross Brawn's shoes, I won't be able to help but observe how Ferrari is destroying one of their key employees -someone whom without doubt had contributed a lot to the team and its success - but he is being destroyed mercilessly without any hint of regret and without any appreciation for the contribution he has made. Now, Ross is still on sabatical, officially. This means officially he is still an employee of Ferrari. So IF I am Ross, my mind will be racing with various danger scenarios of how Ferrari might destroy me if I am to tell them I don't want to work for them anymore. So what is the best, safest course of action ?

I TELL THEM I NEED MORE TIME TO THINK THINGS OVER. I WANT AN EXTENSION OF MY SABATTICAL. AFTER my contract is officially out and over and I am a free man, THEN I drop the bomb... sorry I decided I prefer to work with a more ethical team - Honda !

I know, I know... DREAM ON Wong !! LOL....

But if Brawn and Stepney are that close as the media makes them out to be, I just can't believe that the modern world has made people so hard as to totally ignore what a corporation is doing to one's close friend, clearly to destroy that man's carreer and reputation. Surely today's materialistic society cannot have made Ross such a hard and cold person as to ignore this ?!!!

I mean, IF it were Honda, I am very sure they will want to bury the skeleton deep inside the cardboard and quietly dismiss the employee and get on with it, preferably without the world ever knowing. Even if Ferrari wants to sue Coughlan for those claimed drawings, they can easily do it without making it so obvious Stepney is involved. But the way it is being done, it is completely heartless. If I were Ross Brawn, seriously, I think the guy is very intelligent and I hope he can clearly see the shit that is happening and guy, THINK TWICE, no, think many times before ever setting foot back in Ferrari again !!

Maybe this effort was a warning to Ross... see what can happen if you even think about joining another team... I know, another conspiracy theory...

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0