[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Climate pre-conditioning
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Carlos Ghosn arrested! He gone
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The Grinch "Takeover". Thoughts?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Type S Announcment at LA
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Honda F1 PU
Join Discussion......
Service Experiences --> Need a good shop in South SF
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Japanese Auto Manufacturers want two rules changes
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Check IMA System light is on - what could it mean?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda' new BEV
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Gil de Ferran leaves Honda

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
IT'S NOT BRAWN    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 09:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It was fun to speculate, while it lasted.
Honda's new co-tech head is revealed by GP.COM to be Jorg Zander, also from BMW Sauber. He's currently head designer there. Supposedly he wants to go back 'home' to Britain like Bogoic.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19397.html

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: IT'S NOT BRAWN    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 10:15
Sounds good, either way it looks like we have some people back who may be familiar with how things work.
rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Re: IT'S NOT BRAWN    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 10:31
Yea... that's the speculation earlier... until offical announcement we won't know for sure!

Ray

rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Jorg Zander joins Honda from BMW    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 11:39
It's offical now...

Ray

source: autosport.com

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60696

HONDA FANATIC
Profile for HONDA FANATIC
Re: Jorg Zander joins Honda from BMW    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 13:45
so guys like every year, we again have reasons to think that NEXT year will be the one we are all waiting for. :) bring on 2008
Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: Jorg Zander joins Honda from BMW    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 15:19
For the first Honda is obviously throwing money at their project. I can only imagine how much they had to pay these teams to release their employees. Honda even seems optimistic to see some changes this year. I just hope they don't end up like Toyota has in the past. At this point Toyota actually has some stability and are making some obvious progress. I hate to say it but I think they may be challenging Renault for a shot at BMW. I dont believe either will catch BMW this year but Toyota definitely seems like the will give Renault some serious trouble.

Lets forget them for now, Toyota is just another obstacle. I cant imagine what the new people can do with this years car. My guess is that they will ensure we don't make the same mistakes next year. Some of the experts say Honda does not need more people, I am not sure. The people that they have produced this thing. If we are to build on it, it will take another decade before we get another win.

musicmanvin
Profile for musicmanvin
Re: Jorg Zander joins Honda from BMW    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-10-2007 21:04
woots more people...

its really more of a 50/50 as to do we need more people, or not

ya, more people = more input and should produce a better car.. unless we get the wrong people who aren't compatible with each other and they just end up arguing and get nothing done, or done wrong.. some people say its because we have to many people from BAR in the team, or that Fry is no good, or our current people cant build a car and they need to be given the boot..

while at the same time, maybe we dont need more people and we are fine just the way we are.. because so far we havent had a great wind tunnel while we where still building the car and its aero components, and when we did have a great wind tunnel it wasn't calibrated properly so we got poor results.. but when it was working properly we got pretty good results with that new package

but hey.. as long as the team accepts all of these new people comming in, and they all get along well and produce a race winning car, and everyone in Honda is all happy, then im happy to =P

rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Not done yet! Honda want an outright technical director!    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2007 08:20
This is interesting... So, who's next on the list? (Feel like Christmas time already!)

Ray

Source: autosport.com

Honda's quest for tech staff not over yet

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60758

rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Re: Not done yet! Honda want an outright technical director!    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-13-2007 08:26
"But Jorg will have zero influence on next year's car."

So he won't be helping the RA108 development but RA109...

So we'll still need someone!

Ray

cutaway
Profile for cutaway
Re: Not done yet! Honda want an outright technical director!    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-14-2007 11:36
When all appointments have been set and done, they'll have a senior technical director, a deputy techincal director and a technical director. A bit too many tech directs?
rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Gil de Ferran leaves Honda    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2007 12:11
Well... we now have another position to fill! Ross Brawn again???

Ray

Source: autosport.com

De Ferran leaves Honda Racing

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60865

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: Gil de Ferran leaves Honda    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2007 13:35
"I am disappointed that Gil is leaving our team," said team boss Nick Fry. "Since he joined us in 2005 we have enjoyed a very positive relationship. However, a Formula One team is rather like a jigsaw puzzle in that every piece has to fit precisely in its place."

Sounds like this is a very polite way of saying Honda F1 forced him out of the team. But maybe he really did leave on his own. I'm guessing either he was asked to leave or Honda F1 hired somebody to do what he was wanting to do.

floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: Gil de Ferran leaves Honda    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-16-2007 14:02
Dren wrote:

Sounds like this is a very polite way of saying Honda F1 forced him out of the team. But maybe he really did leave on his own. I'm guessing either he was asked to leave or Honda F1 hired somebody to do what he was wanting to do.

I doubt they "forced" him out. It's more like, they had an idea of what they wanted Gil to do...and Gil had an idea of what Gil wanted to do..and the two things were different and couldn't be reconciled.

Probably, as you say, they hired someone to do one of the functions that Gil really wanted to take on...that would, IMO, make him say "ok, then, this won't work" and walk away before any feelings got hurt.

I've been there before... you give it your darnedest... but if it just isn't going to work, you have to let it go and do something else.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0