[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
All-New 2019 Honda Passport Starts Adventure with Global Debut in Los Angeles
More.......................
2019 CR-V goes on sale with few changes, nominal price increase
2019 Honda Civic Type R and Civic Hatchback Accelerate into Dealerships
American Honda Reports October Sales
Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Debuts at 2018 SEMA Show
SEMA: Graham Rahal Injects Style, Power and Performance to Custom Acura RDX A-Spec
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
CR-V --> Re: Oil Contamination in CRV's and Civic's with the 1.5T
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2020 Corolla Revealed
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Hydrogen Power coming back into focus?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura/Honda Debuts
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda' new BEV
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Unexpected Low Coolant warning/service
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MPG Down
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Interview Max Verstappen on F1 and Watches & the new TAG Heuer Verstappen Edition
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Honda's Biggest Mistake? Why Now Is The Time To Buy The Misunderstood CR-Z
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 Advance Squeaks and Camera Issues
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: CR-V Hybrid
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: TSX Sportwagon - rear washer not squirting
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Hyundai Veloster N starts at $27,785
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Turbo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
94sir
Profile for 94sir
Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2007 13:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
OK, maybe not...

F1-live

"If I was at Honda or another team and still had zero points, then I would really be unhappy. But instead I am second and I still have every chance to succeed,"

floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2007 13:24
D'oh! LOL
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2007 16:35
LMAO, what a d-bag. But it's funny because it's true.
rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2007 20:07
I would love to see a Honda driver beat Alonso to a championship one day!

Ray

Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2007 20:31
Alonso is on record saying that two teams in F1 cheat I think one was Ferrari the other he said was Honda. In 04 when Honda was on point Alonso was beaten by and sometimes embarrassed by JB and the Honda. The next year when the fuel tank fiasco occurred Alonso was more that happy to embellish.

This time he is right but its still kicking Honda when they are down. Its the trend this year. Honda deserves criticism, they built a crap car in a year when people thought it would be their best shot at a title. Cheap shots though are always classless.

Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2007 20:53
Very true. I don't like Alonso and loved it when Sato passed him a few races back. I really hope Ferrari surpasses Mclarren because I can't stand Alonso. Maybe Albers will find a way to crash into him at Silverstone lol. The probability is quite high which is kind of funny.
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2007 22:05
I think he is mega pissed at how slow he is made to look by LH and he is talking bull all over the place in a state of denial. The say the true character of a person shows most when he is under pressure and at this moment I believe are seeing the true Alonso. What he is doing is like most losers like to do - step on others in order to make themselves look better than the shithole they are in. Thus instead of focussing on how McLaren is already making moves to delegate him to No2 driver and how he has been made to look amatuerish by a supposedly amateur teammate, he tries to deflect attention to someone/somewhere else, in order to make himself look good. I have always said how his successes in his earlier years were a lot, due to beginners luck or sheer luck and how lady luck can desert one especially when one becomes arrogant (like how Renault and Alonso was in 2005 and 2006). And true it becomes, luck has mostly deserted Alonso this year, caused in a large part (I believe), by his arrogant attitude when he was successful.

With the masterpiece manoveure that Ferrari has done, I firmly believe they have already made a critical stab at McLaren's competitiveness. I firmly believe we will see a significant downward slide in McLaren's competitiveness if not this weekend, then in the next few races to come. And Ferrari will be there to quickly take advantage. It won't be long before both Massa and Kimi overtakes Alonso on the drivers points table and then we can all celebrate. I think I'll buy that DVD recorder to make sure I have Alonso's failure recorded for prosperity !! LOL (yeah, I have made it very clear, even in the past, that I have never been any fan of this guy. In fact, I have very low opinion of him).

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2007 22:38
WongKN wrote:
I think he is mega pissed at how slow he is made to look by LH and he is talking bull all over the place in a state of denial. The say the true character of a person shows most when he is under pressure and at this moment I believe are seeing the true Alonso. What he is doing is like most losers like to do - step on others in order to make themselves look better than the shithole they are in. Thus instead of focussing on how McLaren is already making moves to delegate him to No2 driver and how he has been made to look amatuerish by a supposedly amateur teammate, he tries to deflect attention to someone/somewhere else, in order to make himself look good. I have always said how his successes in his earlier years were a lot, due to beginners luck or sheer luck and how lady luck can desert one especially when one becomes arrogant (like how Renault and Alonso was in 2005 and 2006). And true it becomes, luck has mostly deserted Alonso this year, caused in a large part (I believe), by his arrogant attitude when he was successful.

With the masterpiece manoveure that Ferrari has done, I firmly believe they have already made a critical stab at McLaren's competitiveness. I firmly believe we will see a significant downward slide in McLaren's competitiveness if not this weekend, then in the next few races to come. And Ferrari will be there to quickly take advantage. It won't be long before both Massa and Kimi overtakes Alonso on the drivers points table and then we can all celebrate. I think I'll buy that DVD recorder to make sure I have Alonso's failure recorded for prosperity !! LOL (yeah, I have made it very clear, even in the past, that I have never been any fan of this guy. In fact, I have very low opinion of him).

We are all entitled to our opinions, but I think you are being too harsh on Alonso. It can't be easy on him being Spain's idol of the moment. And we aren't all blessed with hamilton's humility. Give him a break Wong, he's still trying to adjust to having a teammate that is truly competitive. Unlike Fisi at Renault.

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2007 23:30
I don't like Alonso. Period. Spanish press or not, all he does is whine.
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2007 23:49
Hahahaha.... true I was a bit too harsh on the guy. But I really think he was out of line, making a comment about others just to make himself look less bad. I noticed the greats never talks about other people badly.

Anyway, can't you tell I am also trying to hone up my writing skills ? I am thinking of applying to PP, to become the next 'mysterious Mr W' who used to work in F and P and start writing insider articles !! :P

fasthonda
Profile for fasthonda
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2007 00:10
CarPhreakD wrote:

I agree.I still don't want ferrari to be successful this year and hope McLaren comes out on top this season.
As for Honda ,this year has shown the team up as being almost like "noobs" in the this sport against the superior Ferraris,McLarens and now,also the BMWs.
It must be frustrating for all the team members who must work extremely hard ,but to have their efforts amount to practically zero.
Honda's must be feeling a huge embarrassment on it's lack of achievement in F1-a company that reminds us that "Without racing their is no Honda" :(

gruffalo
Profile for gruffalo
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2007 00:47
As a relatively recent fan, seeing over the past few years Windsor always interviewing a smug and guarded MSchumacher following a win, for me it's refreshing to see Alonso, heart on his sleeve, I like the guy.. with Hamilton piling on the pressure, it's even more fun now.. I can only 'hate' Hamilton now cuz he's (so far) too flawless, too diplomatic, and I'll get so tired of him if we see win after win from him in future... so for now.. Alonso still has my vote. .
Honda Dream
Profile for Honda Dream
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2007 02:06
The real embarrasment for Alonso is that Lewis Hamilton kicks his butt. FA was supposed to be no.1 driver and was even let win at Monaco - a race where clear team orders were issued. Now he cries again that LH is more supported by McLaren. He is a moron to me (FA). Last year he attacked FIA for favouring Ferrari when he was losing with MS. The situation turned into his favours at the end and he won title. In 2005 he attacked Ferrari for testing more than others and Honda for nothing. He did not say anything about his car at the same race (San Marino) applying the same methods as BAR-Honda (JB car was the only one to be checked the way to be found underweigthed....the others were doing exactly the same, but no one could have gone against winning....FA and second placed Michael Schumacher). We know that fuel fiasco was simply looking for scapegoat.
FA needs to concentrate better on his races. He drives a stolen car (McLaren clearly used the information stolen from Ferrari to get such a massive step forward in a matter of days) and loses battle after battle with LH. France clearly delivered the evidence he is not that good when starting in midfield as far as the others do not make mistakes with set-up. Canada saw him lose against TS Super Aguri - a car that is clearly slower than his McLaren even with some small tires problem.
I do not want to have this overhyped and no more then average class Don Quijote de la Oviedo in a Honda.

Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2007 03:07
As far as ability goes FA is IMO the best driver in F1 at the moment. LH is giving him a run for his money right now but I have to see how the rest of the year pans out. In reality Renault started two very strong seasons but ended with the 2nd or 3rd best car by seasons end. FA knew what he had to do and he won two titles for his team. I wont even try to discredit his abilities.
His attitude though especially when in the car leaves a bit to be desired. He reminds me of JPM actually. He is fast but too driven by emotions. He is constantly waving his hands around when behind someone. He complains a lot during the races. I used to say that he makes very few mistakes but this year now that he is being tested and beaten he looks ragged at times.
Would I want him in a Honda? Lets look at the lot we have to pick from. He is too good to overlook. There may be three other options but after that its a steep decline as far as talent is concerned.

Yeah, I do dislike his attitude but if given the choice between him and RB; well we know my choice.

94sir
Profile for 94sir
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2007 04:24
fasthonda wrote:
CarPhreakD wrote:

I agree.I still don't want ferrari to be successful this year and hope McLaren comes out on top this season.
As for Honda ,this year has shown the team up as being almost like "noobs" in the this sport against the superior Ferraris,McLarens and now,also the BMWs.
It must be frustrating for all the team members who must work extremely hard ,but to have their efforts amount to practically zero.
Honda's must be feeling a huge embarrassment on it's lack of achievement in F1-a company that reminds us that "Without racing their is no Honda" :(

At the end of the day, I just hope that comments like Alonso's really fire up the Honda team. How I'd love to see them fight back and make FA pay. Imagine it, towards the end of the season, just when he needs those valuable few points to snatch the championship, Honda comes along and pisses all over his corn flakes and nudges him off the podium, handing Hamilton the crown!

Neilap
Profile for Neilap
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2007 06:36
Can you imagine the bitching and whining in his helmet then;)
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2007 06:56
I agree with that. Although I think Alonso is better than LH at the moment. He is being tested and needs to race smart rather than get all bent up emotionally. Once he starts to race his race he will be champion again.
shingles
Profile for shingles
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2007 07:57
sadlerau wrote:
WongKN wrote:

We are all entitled to our opinions, but I think you are being too harsh on Alonso. It can't be easy on him being Spain's idol of the moment. And we aren't all blessed with hamilton's humility. Give him a break Wong, he's still trying to adjust to having a teammate that is truly competitive. Unlike Fisi at Renault.

Right, so we should all forgive him for being a classless, whinny, a-hole...

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2007 09:58
To me Alonso is an arrogant ass, who happens to be a very fast driver. When things are going his way, great. When they're not you see his whiny, excuse-making side come out.

For me I really started disliking him when he started dissing Valentino Rossi's tests in the Ferrari in the offseason before 06. After Rossi posted competitive times Alonso tried to say that he could get a top 5 or podium in Moto GP if he has some practice. Yeah right. It was kinda funny but Nicky Hayden actually called Alonso out in an interview in F1 Racing with Jenson Button.

Honda Dream wrote:
FA needs to concentrate better on his races. He drives a stolen car (McLaren clearly used the information stolen from Ferrari to get such a massive step forward in a matter of days) and loses battle after battle with LH.

Don't go around calling McLaren cheaters when nobody knows whether that was the case and when Ron Dennis and Company have gone out of their way to cooperate and clear their name. They are in much the same position as we were in 2005.

rayyu882
Profile for rayyu882
Re: Ouch! Alonso wants to drive Honda...    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2007 10:16
94sir wrote:
Imagine it, towards the end of the season, just when he needs those valuable few points to snatch the championship, Honda comes along and pisses all over his corn flakes and nudges him off the podium, handing Hamilton the crown!

Oh! I really like that... I really hope that would happen!

Ray

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0