[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Honda recalling 232,000 2018 Accords and 2019 Insights for rear camera software update
2019 Accord arriving in showrooms by November
Is a base trim of the Civic Type R finally arriving for MY 2019? (More MY2019 info inside)
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
TLX --> Re: My TLX so far
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: European CO2 madness and why electromobility is pointless
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "2019 Toyota Supra Is a BMW Parts Bin Car"
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla’s Model 3 Is Becoming One of America’s Best-Selling Sedans
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: TSX @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Model Release Matrix?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Fixing SH-AWD
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CR-V Hybrid 4wd iMMD
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: BMW Drops 3-Series Manual Globally... Audi A4 too...
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA finale
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic Accessories
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Goodbye TL-S 6MT
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > TOV Video: Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept Introduction > > Re: Frigging A....!!!!!

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

osaze
Profile for osaze
Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2007 20:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This concept in 3d with a V10 and RWD combined with SH-AWD indicates that 1) Acura has been listening and taking very seriously the opinions of many in these TOV forums 2) That when Acura gets serious, it gets SERIOUS, and this concept is proof if that. It is BEAUTIFUL and as long as Acura keeps the production version close to this concept, it will turn heads and make patriotic car-buying public jump ship on the Corvette for this amazing lookign vehicle. Looks are everything, with power and perfomance in a close second. A really great sucessor to the prior NSX. Now lets talk 2010 TL Type S with a V8 and rwd SHAWD, and for the 2009, nothing less than 300 HP with SHAWD a price that than 36K.

I'm really excited about what Acura is doing and have never been this anticipatory about a car company. This is exciting!!!!

Eclypse
Profile for Eclypse
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2007 21:09
This has got to be a joke right? Rear drive, V-10, & cutting edge performance = two thumbs up. The exterior design path however, is anything but BEAUTIFUL.
[img=""]

RyanDL
Profile for RyanDL
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2007 11:45
I'm not sure where you think they are listening to the comments posted here at TOV. If you actually listen to what we've been asking for as the NSX successor, this ASCC misses the mark. Let's recap what we'd like:

Mid engine
Rear drive
Lightweight
Blissful engine (V10)
Superb handling
Exotic styling

The ASCC hits the mark on V10 and perhaps the handling mark. SH-AWD, even rear-biased, adds additional and unnecessary weight. Take a look at the pure exotic sports cars out there: any Ferrari, Porsche GT2/3, Konigsegg, etc. They're ALL RWD. AWD isn't necessary in a pure sports car. Even Lambo lost some credibility when they decided to apply their AWD system across all of their models.

The styling is personal opinion. Personally, I think it's OK, but not great. The original NSX had good front and rear proportions, whereas this ASCC has a massive front overhang. I'd prefer to see the engine move midship to even things out. As it stands, it's very Viper/Corvette in it's proportions, IMO.

I'm awating the production version before I can pass any firm judgement. I think this is a nice try, not a homerun. The HSC was a step in the right direction for the NSX successor.

Ryan

sajicd
Profile for sajicd
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2007 12:09
RyanDL wrote:
I'm not sure where you think they are listening to the comments posted here at TOV. If you actually listen to what we've been asking for as the NSX successor, this ASCC misses the mark. Let's recap what we'd like:

Mid engine
Rear drive
Lightweight
Blissful engine (V10)
Superb handling
Exotic styling

The ASCC hits the mark on V10 and perhaps the handling mark. SH-AWD, even rear-biased, adds additional and unnecessary weight. Take a look at the pure exotic sports cars out there: any Ferrari, Porsche GT2/3, Konigsegg, etc. They're ALL RWD. AWD isn't necessary in a pure sports car. Even Lambo lost some credibility when they decided to apply their AWD system across all of their models.

The styling is personal opinion. Personally, I think it's OK, but not great. The original NSX had good front and rear proportions, whereas this ASCC has a massive front overhang. I'd prefer to see the engine move midship to even things out. As it stands, it's very Viper/Corvette in it's proportions, IMO.

I'm awating the production version before I can pass any firm judgement. I think this is a nice try, not a homerun. The HSC was a step in the right direction for the NSX successor.

Ryan

Ferrari is actually developing AWD and will have it in their sports cars in the future.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/10/11/report-ferrari-readies-four-wheel-drive/

I guess when ferrari comes out with it its Cutting edge and an amazing idea, but when honda does it, we question it as not being the "true" sports car??

Personally, i say Kudos to acura for having the balls to do something different and radical

I think the concept has potential, but definitely needs IMO a grille, lights and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone tell me that it will have lots of Airscoops.

In particular the door shoulder airscoop is something i particularly like and i think it just made me giddy when i drove a 360 Modena this summer and looked in the door mirrors and saw them

My other concern with the ASC is that it appears to have very smal window surface area, and as such im worried about sight lines

yes its too bad that it IS NOT mid engine, as it was also cool to see an engine in the rearview, but i guess that cannot be changed now.

as for handling.... the 599 is actualy considered a mid engined car even though the engine is in the fron due to the placement of the engine behind the wheels

Honda F1 Racing
Profile for Honda F1 Racing
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2007 14:25
Yeah, the recent issue of R&T also mentions that Ferrari will use 4wd starting with the minor updated 612 Scaglietti (spelling?) and will eventually apply it across their whole lineup.
R-Z
Profile for R-Z
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2007 15:01
The Following have already gone all-wheel drive:
1) Lamborghini
2) Porsche
3) Audi (R8)

Ferrari is next.

I have no reason to doubt Acura's direction with the vehicle. I also have no doubt that it will out perform the best of the best, just like the NSX did when it was fist introduced.

Cheers to Acura.

Wizard
Profile for Wizard
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2007 16:16
I am okay with SH-AWD as long as it is an option as opposed to standard feature. I would rather see a FR V8 powered supercar than a heavier version even if it had the power of a V10.
sajicd
Profile for sajicd
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2007 18:33
Wizard wrote:
I am okay with SH-AWD as long as it is an option as opposed to standard feature. I would rather see a FR V8 powered supercar than a heavier version even if it had the power of a V10.

Not me. The way i see it, Honda is taking the constant complaining of the press that they didnt have a v8 like true champions that they are; - spitting in their face with a v10!!!

Im just hoping that it will still have 550bhp!!!

I'll take mine in yellow please

IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Re: If I had the cash... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2007 18:51
I think this car does look good, but if I had the money, it would go towards a NA2 NSX-R. The original poster said looks come first, well of course this is your opinion, but if that is the case, the previous NSX to my eyes looks HEAPS better than this car. If Honda would of stuck with the HSC, then I would have to say, where's my mask(s) and look out banks because I'm coming! This current car doesn't evoke any real sense of urgency in my veins, I see a current NSX still today and it just emits PASSION and LOVE from Honda. This car to me, though it looks good, is more or less a cookie cutter design in that it doesn't truly stand out against the other GT cars. People say the NSX looks dated, again that is opinion and even if it was fact, that design will never be old to these eyes of mine. The car was designed and tuned with one of the greatest racing drivers of all time, yes the late, great Aryton Senna. Were there any real drivers behind the scenes with this vehicle? Possibly, but nothing has been mentioned. And if not, to me it will never be the true driver's car that the NSX was and is. This new one will most likely drive circles around the NSX, but to me that doesn't mean diddly squat, because having so much power doesn't equate to driving prowess and pure enjoyment while behind the wheel. I've yet to sit my happy ass behind the wheel of a NSX, guy I know has one here and he asked if I wanted to drive it, but I refused simply because I know if I did, I wouldn't ever want to drive my Teggy R again and would lust even more for one.
cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: If I had the cash... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2007 22:26
Bingo, IntegraDC5R. This car evokes very little response from me as well. It was like I was kicked in the you know what's, when I saw it. Everything about the car sounds great, although I'd prefer MR/RWD, but if you don't get the looks right, it doesn't mean squat. If I wanted a Vette, I'd buy a Vette. Performance, check. Design, boooooo.

sajicd
Profile for sajicd
Re: If I had the cash... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2007 23:57

I have to agree with you all in that the design as it stands just doesnt really do it for me.

I too was very dissapointed to first see it. Nothing about it really screams passion and exotic the way a murcielago or a f430 or enzo does. Sure one may say that these are exotics and that the acura is more of a GT car, but having said that, the DB9 and mercedes SL sure fire up more passion that the ASC.

Having said that, i do think that there is potential for this car. That is if they do go all out and put in air-vents everywhere especially on the door shoulders and elsewhere. Also i think it needs a grille as well as proper headlight treatment.

Bottom line, i think its a good rough copy, but like all first drafts this IMO will need significant polishing.

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2007 12:23
sajicd wrote:
Ferrari is actually developing AWD and will have it in their sports cars in the future.

I guess when ferrari comes out with it its Cutting edge and an amazing idea, but when honda does it, we question it as not being the "true" sports car??

Ferrari is developing it to put on their GT's (599 and 612). I'd be surprised if they put it on the next gen supercar or entry level car. Porsche has an AWD 911 but notice both the GT2 and GT3 are RWD and the Carrera GT is RWD.

In particular the door shoulder airscoop is something i particularly like and i think it just made me giddy when i drove a 360 Modena this summer and looked in the door mirrors and saw them
One this car does NOT need is a bunch of non-functional scoops. It is not a Pontiac Firebird. The only reason it should have shoulder scoops is if the engine is behind the driver.

sajicd
Profile for sajicd
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 14:13
JMU R1 wrote:
sajicd wrote:

Ferrari is developing it to put on their GT's (599 and 612). I'd be surprised if they put it on the next gen supercar or entry level car. Porsche has an AWD 911 but notice both the GT2 and GT3 are RWD and the Carrera GT is RWD.

One this car does NOT need is a bunch of non-functional scoops. It is not a Pontiac Firebird. The only reason it should have shoulder scoops is if the engine is behind the driver.

The lexus LF-A is front engine and its got all the air-scoops that are normally for mid engined exotics.

I think it just looks sexy, and adds to the overall appeal of the car. At that price range you need emotion from the car in order to invest that much money into it

klui_188
Profile for klui_188
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 21:42
Agreed but being a die-hard Honda fan I'd pick the championship white with red seats! ;-)
klui_188
Profile for klui_188
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 21:45
Well, they have the scoops in the back only because for whatever reason there might be they have the radiators in the backend. That's all... as for why they have the radiators in the back? Allegedly it's for better weight balance
klui_188
Profile for klui_188
Re: If I had the cash... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 21:53
Yes. I see your point but who's to say that this is how far they've gotten so far? I for one say that this could be a rather "dumb-down" version of the original (hopefully more sophisticated) design that they intend to put on the production model... & as such it already has a good start!! I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming Tokyo auto show just to see how this design progress!
osaze
Profile for osaze
Re: Frigging A....!!!!! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-15-2007 20:42
Wizard wrote:

Acura's goal is to incorporate SH-AWD as standard equipment in all Acura product lines. I think that as SH-AWD matures it will incorporate nicely as it become modifiable to most applications, be it sports or leisure cruzing.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0