[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Passport spy pics
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: 2019 Pilot "Black Edition"
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "Moose Test". Nissan Kicks fail
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No more 3rd gen FC Clarity, Hello 2020 4th gen
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Vote in our Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept Polls > > Re: Shame

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

DC2
Profile for DC2
Shame [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 14:30
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Honda has been listening too much to the kids who don't know anything about cars. Those kids who can't even afford to buy a new Civic with their own money kept saying they want FR or AWD over anything.

Honda always had racing and performance in mind. They built their first NSX thinking about Senna and F1. But this concept, other than the V10, it seems to have american muscle car in mind more than anything else.

NSX gave a scare to Ferrari when it first came out. I'm sure Ferrari wouldn't be bothered at all by this concept.

What a shame!!!!!

DA-B17A1 Driver
Profile for DA-B17A1 Driver
Re: Shame [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 15:13
^ In fact (due to Honda/Acura's screw-up's with their performance car division) Ferrari is laughing at them as we speak
R-Z
Profile for R-Z
Re: Shame [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 18:33
There is no shame in having a front engine sports car. We are talking like this is something that "waters down" a vehicle. What about: Aston Martin? Ferrari 599 GTB or the 612 Scaglitti? Panoz? Nissan Skyline? etc…
I have 100% confidence that Acura will deliver us a vehicle that will dance freely on the track with any mid and front engine vehicle. This is not the new NSX, this is the vehicle that is going to raise the bar in the same fashion the NSX did when it was first introduced.
Remember, Ferrari laughed at the notion that a Japanese car company could make a competitive sports car. Then Acura/Honda gave the world the NSX. I didn't see any grins after that...
Sorry for the rant. Cheers!

klui_188
Profile for klui_188
Re: Shame [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 20:37
Agreed!! Also, I think Honda (Acura) is going after the luxo GT market.

While I still like the original NSX as I aspire to own one someday, I believe this FR/FA entry from Acura is a valid one. I mean, has anyone seen the AMLS GT1 races? Which teams won the series thorough & thorough? They are the Corvette & Aston Martin teams! Which both sport FR chassis!! Now can anyone honestly say that they are not sports-cars-turned-race cars??

In terms of the styling though... I think Acura could & would need to do a better job fine-tuning this concept. It's good, but if they want a piece of the high rolling luxo GT pie they need to put a bit of more graceful lines to the car. As is the concept is strong & sporty, but lack a bit of grace; which a lot of people (who shop in that class) look for other than power & performance. Just my 2c...

accord1989
Profile for accord1989
Re: Shame [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 21:56
Bring Back the HSC!!!
And update it every 2 years, instead of ten.
This current Concept can be it's luxury companion.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Shame [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-13-2007 03:17
R-Z wrote:
There is no shame in having a front engine sports car. We are talking like this is something that "waters down" a vehicle. What about: Aston Martin? Ferrari 599 GTB or the 612 Scaglitti? Panoz? Nissan Skyline? etc…

Those are very fast poseur cars that water down the notion of true sports cars. Acura/Honda shouldn't stoop to those levels until after they've properly addressed replacing the NSX. If Acura's idea of "advance" is moving the NSX "successor" towards these poseur-machines, then I'm gonna have to take several steps back and reevaluate things.

Last edited by JeffX on 01-13-2007 03:17
DC2
Profile for DC2
Re: Shame [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-13-2007 22:29
R-Z wrote:
..... Nissan Skyline? etc…

Let's get one thing straight. Skyline is a joke in sports car. It has all the hype in US just because Nissan didn't bring it over and the kids think it is the best drag racers on earth. Anywhere else in the world, everyone know NSX is far superior than the Skyline.

BIG-JG
Profile for BIG-JG
Re: Shame [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-13-2007 23:43
Why should Honda build a super car for those fan boys who will never buy one. why should Honda build a car that won't make Honda any money???? A company is in for profit. Yes NSX is a great car, but it don't sell... and Honda don't like that. FR is a much better choice here, for both Honda and Acura. NSX is like Bugatti Veyron a technology show case of what a car company can do. VW AG lost tons of money by building it and I think Honda did too. Honda is not trying to do that this time. ASCC replace NSX as Honda’s flagship don’t mean that it replace the NSX. Acura can make use of the ASCC and its platform, and upscale the entire brand by then will the true replacement or should I say next Gen NSX come out. By then it’s name will be much more legendary and popular among people. People will say o Acura build it.. Man it must be fast..