[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Pilot --> Re: Chevy Prepping Mini-Blazer
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: 2019 Pilot "Black Edition"
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "Moose Test". Nissan Kicks fail
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No more 3rd gen FC Clarity, Hello 2020 4th gen
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Vote in our Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept Polls > > Re: Drivetrain Poll

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Wizard
Profile for Wizard
Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2007 16:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'm surprised at the number of responses for MA. It is close to MR (which I voted for). IMO, NSX could do without the weight and drivetrain losses associated with an AWD system, even if it weighed 50 lb (doesn't Honda go all out to thin out even the windshield in its Type-R?)
IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Re: Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2007 16:53
I like you voted MR, but in reality if you read my identity poll, if Honda would just do this, let this car be their techno gadget top bill and bring on the HSC(true NSX replacement) as a Honda.
kiwikungfu
Profile for kiwikungfu
Re: Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2007 17:32
i'm with you 100% IntegraDC5R, leave lux and all that to Acura, and they can have this great, gadgety ASC. then bring a NSX2 under the Honda badge, so it can be light weight and not needlessly saddled with lux that brings extra weight and dulls driving feel.
Wizard
Profile for Wizard
Re: Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2007 17:45
While I agree that NSX does not need to be saddled with luxuries, it doesn't need to, even as an Acura. It needs to be saddled with enough performance and refinement to challenge the more established supercars, along the lines of original NSX.

Besides, Acura could use NSX in its lineup more than Honda.

PerzianKabob
Profile for PerzianKabob
Re: Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2007 18:10
can you imagine how bad it would be to deal with a lame honda sales person when you're trying to buy a 70-90k sports car. honda dealerships will never be set up to sell anything over 35-40k.
Wizard
Profile for Wizard
Re: Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2007 18:16
I don't know about that. My experience with some Honda dealership has been MUCH better than several Acura dealerships. That said, I don't think that is considered an issue when one must visit a Dodge dealership to consider a Viper sitting next to a Caliber. But I do think that NSX deserves to sell as an Acura, thats the way it started.
96civicEX
Profile for 96civicEX
Re: Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-11-2007 23:29
IntegraDC5R wrote:
I like you voted MR, but in reality if you read my identity poll, if Honda would just do this, let this car be their techno gadget top bill and bring on the HSC(true NSX replacement) as a Honda.

Eventhough the HSC was an MR design, it was not intended to be the NSX replacement. Honda never stated it would have been. I agree though, that the ACSS should be some sort of luxury GT coupe, something to compete against the M6.

techline
Profile for techline
Re: Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 00:05
Hate to say it but Honda can't even field a Luxury Car to complete with the 5 series shooting for the M6 is a little overly ambitious. Lets make the RL a top selling car first before the we start making M6's
rnd
Profile for rnd
Re: Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 13:11
making it RWD shouldn't stop it from being SH-RWD, it would even do more good than it did for the last SH gen prelude. just having it as a FR setup will bring weight losses, but My guess is Acura were forced to design the ASCC as an FR or FA car because they were given such a big V-10 engine (not a 2.4 V-10) but instead a 5.5L (speculating) V-10 and might have been obliged to make it a AWD. the most logical setup for a 5+ L engine with AWD has to be Front-engined.

another question I have, would be seeing how there is no availability of a Manual Tranny for any current SH-AWD cars on the market, will we see the next gen NSX as an only Automatic or Semi-auto or worst CVT ?

JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 13:30
techline wrote:
Hate to say it but Honda can't even field a Luxury Car to complete with the 5 series shooting for the M6 is a little overly ambitious. Lets make the RL a top selling car first before the we start making M6's

Please. The M6 is nothing special. It weighs 4000 lbs and has 500 hp. Big Deal. That is not a very high watermark to meet. Now if you're trying to make a car that weighs as much as the Corvette, has 500 hp, and has awd, that would be a challenge.

Turkle
Profile for Turkle
Re: Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 14:33
JMU R1,

You brought up something that I have been considering. Why can't Acura compete in a price point just above the Corvette? I am talking about the Corvette Z06, not the base model. This car could provide the performance to beat the Corvette, similar dimensions, much better fit and finish, and add some luxury that the Corvette will be aspiring for long into the next decade.

I don't fully understand why Acura is caught up in going after the Aston Martin and Porsche buyers in the first place. It seems that there is less margin for error in the introduction of the car at that level, then say a $60-$70K price range. Look at all the apologies and excuses that are made by the motoring press concerning the Corvette's interior, fit and finish, heat management (the cab will cook you), and lack of luxury appointments. All is forgiven solely on the fact that this car can compete with or outperform cars 2Xs its price.

That seems like a formula worth repeating and competing against.

morph1ne
Profile for morph1ne
Re: Drivetrain Poll [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-12-2007 15:22
Because then they would be competing against the Cadillac XLR and XLR-V.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0