[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Civic --> 2001 Honda Civic non-vtec to vtec engine switch
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Honda Accord Coupe Concept Poised to Reset Segment Benchmark > > Re: Can you tell somethings wrong?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author

Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 16:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
What do you feel when you see this picture?

Me: VROOMMMMMM.....VTEC HITS *BAHHHHHHHHHH* Speed, power, excitement. Stable fast fun safe coupe.

Me: Chevy like a rock music....Honda ridgeline climbing a mountain wiht many rocks and mud everywhere. Built ford tough at the end. Buick like dullness, thin tires. Cry.

Well what do those pictures make you guys feel????

My92Civic
Profile for My92Civic
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 16:42
I agree with you. I love the rear of the car.

The front of the DOES NOT compliment the rear of the car.

Powered by Honda
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 16:46
My92Civic wrote:

Thank you. I thought it was just me.

The lights are fine. The hood length is fine. Its the grill its killing it.

The grill is the most important part of a car. Look at subarus new grill. Its disgusting. But they are finally waking up and leaving it.

Might I add the next STi looks amazing! 2008-9 cant wait!

My92Civic
Profile for My92Civic
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 16:49
Powered by Honda wrote:
My92Civic wrote:

The grill is the most important part of a car. Look at subarus new grill. Its disgusting. But they are finally waking up and leaving it.

Give me some time, I'm gonna post up what I think is wrong with it....

My92Civic
Profile for My92Civic
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 16:55
Look at this picture. There is something wrong here. Its the brick wall. The rear is so sexy and the front needs to compliment the rear.

I say please please extend the front more. Let it slope down with a curve, not a |. The front looks similar to the new Mitsubishi concept.

Just slope down the front, and this concept is ready for production.

Khannie112
Profile for Khannie112
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 17:02
Powered by Honda wrote:

I feel like I'm about to get hit by an Acura TSX.....not a chevy truck

Powered by Honda
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 17:08
My92Civic wrote:
Look at this picture. There is something wrong here. Its the brick wall. The rear is so sexy and the front needs to compliment the rear.

I say please please extend the front more. Let it slope down with a curve, not a |. The front looks similar to the new Mitsubishi concept.

Just slope down the front, and this concept is ready for production.

ahah exactly what I said in a different thread.

I cover it wiht my thumb when I first saw it following a nice cure. Looks better.

I just called it a wall.

But its there for the new safety standards.

Will Honda ever build a sexy car we love ever again? I'm in fear.

RSX was pushing it too high for some ppl.

2001 was hondas best year.

Type R
Prelude
Accord Coupe *my daily driver*
S2000
NSX

ahh depressing.
But if we are look at the positive this blows away the 7th gen. I still wouldnt mind owning the 8th gen but I think the next TSX will be much better.
Other postives: seems the CRX is coming back as the remix which I like. Just needs better rear lights.

Shabaaz
Profile for Shabaaz
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 17:39
here's a crappy photoshop i just made...

That is what i think...a lot of BMW influence in the design.

seabbott
Profile for seabbott
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 17:46
why do the bottom horizontal lines look better with the BMW kidneys on top? Seriously. It's the only problem I have with the car. As soon as you put those on instead of the "H" grill, I thought it looked better. Wow.... Maybe it's the contrasting lines?

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 19:26
Maybe it is the psychological effect of the BMW brand on your perceptions. Most people think very highly of BMW, so much so that put a BMW badge and a Honda badge on the same car, without changing anything noticeable and the viewer will think the BMW badged car is better looking, more expensive and better performing.

SC

Powered by Honda
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 20:02
notyper wrote:
Maybe it is the psychological effect of the BMW brand on your perceptions. Most people think very highly of BMW, so much so that put a BMW badge and a Honda badge on the same car, without changing anything noticeable and the viewer will think the BMW badged car is better looking, more expensive and better performing.

SC

haha lower the grill 2 inches. BMW wouldnt make the grill so high up like honda.

FinalVibes
Profile for FinalVibes
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 20:26
I think the headlights look very similar to the new Hyundai Sonota. I really hope this grille design won't be Honda's new thing. It seems like they're doing what Toyota did a few years ago - not have a distinct grille to define itself.
silverf161
Profile for silverf161
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-08-2007 21:06
The bulky tall front is due to new Pedestrian safety standards. Kinda funny. Now instead of getting clipped on your legs, the whole damn car will punt you off and make you fly like Superman.
JIRZLEE
Profile for JIRZLEE
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2007 02:43
While I would agree that the front view doesn't reveal the best part of the design, I don't think it looks bad at all. I think it looks powerful, without being trucklike. Maybe part of the problem is that the picture is so up-close and head on..at the same level as the car, where-as if you were to see it in person you would most likely be either farther away or looking at it from a more downward angle.
Great_Tubimi
Profile for Great_Tubimi
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2007 03:25
Powered by Honda wrote:
My92Civic wrote:

What happened to the "wings" in the grill? I thought that was supposed to be a new trademark (snagged from Chrysler, IMO) for the Accord and Civic.

VinceThe1
Profile for VinceThe1
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2007 06:21
guys, this is the classic honda grille....they are tyying to go back to their old kick ass design but i guess they failed to realize that with a grille like that, the car has to be level and not slanted to the front like a dragster...i think the 03-05 accord coupe is the hottest accord out there, btw not the 06, they fucked up on the taillights baddd..

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/91hybridaccord/NokturnalPhotoshoot032.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/1/804720_6bf676ca54_m.jpg

http://www.deanjoyce.com/t_93accordlx

http://www.autoextrem.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=27538&stc=1&thumb=1

Powered by Honda
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2007 08:32
Great_Tubimi wrote:
Powered by Honda wrote:
My92Civic wrote:

What happened to the "wings" in the grill? I thought that was supposed to be a new trademark (snagged from Chrysler, IMO) for the Accord and Civic.

Its going to be wings still but not how it is now. See the new wings? They are in chrome.

jgdpsu
Profile for jgdpsu
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2007 09:12
silverf16 wrote:
The bulky tall front is due to new Pedestrian safety standards. Kinda funny. Now instead of getting clipped on your legs, the whole damn car will punt you off and make you fly like Superman.

This is exactly the reason for all the current design themes. It's also responsible for the Camry's bulbous snout nose hood. It's kinda a shame too b/c it's making cars less aerodynamic. How are you supposed to improve fuel economy when you gotta take a step back in aerodynamic design? These new front ends on all makers are also designed so a stupid SUV won't paste the front end of a passenger car in a collision...but that's leading to these unfortunate truck like front ends on regular cars.

Overall I don't object to this front end. The grill is a bit too square IMHO, but I think it'll work better on the sedan version which will probably have a better matching tail end.

Powered by Honda
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2007 11:18
jgdpsu wrote:
silverf16 wrote:

This is exactly the reason for all the current design themes. It's also responsible for the Camry's bulbous snout nose hood. It's kinda a shame too b/c it's making cars less aerodynamic. How are you supposed to improve fuel economy when you gotta take a step back in aerodynamic design? These new front ends on all makers are also designed so a stupid SUV won't paste the front end of a passenger car in a collision...but that's leading to these unfortunate truck like front ends on regular cars.

Overall I don't object to this front end. The grill is a bit too square IMHO, but I think it'll work better on the sedan version which will probably have a better matching tail end.

The sedan has a TSX type grill. I saw a picture of it.

Wizard
Profile for Wizard
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2007 12:47
Shabaaz wrote:
here's a crappy photoshop i just made...

That is what i think...a lot of BMW influence in the design.

Great job. It is really sad people will dig up reasons to dismiss Accord's styling and yet find positive things about the other badge.

Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2007 16:48
VinceThe1 wrote:
guys, this is the classic honda grille....they are tyying to go back to their old kick ass design but i guess they failed to realize that with a grille like that, the car has to be level and not slanted to the front like a dragster...i think the 03-05 accord coupe is the hottest accord out there, btw not the 06, they fucked up on the taillights baddd..

I agree about the 03-05 Accord coupe being the best and also that they messed up the taillights on the 06... reminds me of a Taurus! Why couldn't they leave well enough alone??
And that 7th gen coupe with the HFP kit... amazing! I hope they bring out an HFP kit for this 8th gen.

aznstuart
Profile for aznstuart
Re: Can you tell somethings wrong? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2007 17:54