[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
RDX --> RDX - Why Espresso Interior with Grey Headliner??
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX is Top Safety Pick+
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Extremely fitting
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: 2019 Pilot "Black Edition"
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Here's What to Expect Daily Driving a 2017 Civic Type R
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> 2018 Honda Fit Sport Review - Back to Basics
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > Photo Gallery from 2006 Los Angeles Auto Show > > Re: Acura needs to make the Imperial!

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

zeebee069
Profile for zeebee069
Acura needs to make the Imperial! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-30-2006 10:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I love Honda and Acura, but that Chrylser Imperal is the car I want to see Acura make. I currently have an Audi A8L, only because Acura does not make anything that compares. Even the new LS460L is an awesome car. My wife had to settle for an Escalade because the Pilot was not big enough for the family anymore. I love the RL, but it is almost the same size as the TL. I really hope Acura comes out with something to compete with the Bimmers and Mercedes of the world. I think Acura needs the be the Japanese Audi. Just make all cars AWD, and dump the FF. And please make a car to compete with the 7 series and the S Mercedes, with an 8 cylinder!
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: Acura needs to make the Imperial! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-02-2006 13:14
Acura needs to be Acura, not Audi. Take Audis advice and "Never Follow"! And by the way all Audis are FWD based excluding the R8.

Patrick

zeebee069
Profile for zeebee069
Re: Acura needs to make the Imperial! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2006 13:29
Thanks, I am aware of the configuariton of Audis, my point is that if Acura is not going to get into the rwd market, then they should at least offer all cars with an AWD option. I love Acuras, but I no longer want to drive a FWD car, and the RL needs to be a larger car with an option for a V8 to compete with the A8s, S class and 7 series. These are the type of cars I am forced to shop because Acura does not offer anything in this class of auto. To restate my self, I LOVE Acuras, but they need to move thier flagship car up a couple of nothches. The RL is comparable to a 5 series or E class, not the flagship cars from Mercedes, Audi, and BMW or Lexus and Infinity for that matter.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Acura needs to make the Imperial! [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2006 22:15
zeebee069 wrote:
Thanks, I am aware of the configuariton of Audis, my point is that if Acura is not going to get into the rwd market, then they should at least offer all cars with an AWD option. I love Acuras, but I no longer want to drive a FWD car, and the RL needs to be a larger car with an option for a V8 to compete with the A8s, S class and 7 series. These are the type of cars I am forced to shop because Acura does not offer anything in this class of auto. To restate my self, I LOVE Acuras, but they need to move thier flagship car up a couple of nothches. The RL is comparable to a 5 series or E class, not the flagship cars from Mercedes, Audi, and BMW or Lexus and Infinity for that matter.

Zeebee069 is right civicB18,

Acura needs a LWB V8 in the Model change in 2010 and they need to call it the Legend 4.5 SHL (Super Handling Long wheel base) I also love Acura, I drive one.

They need this car for their line up if they are going to be looked at as a contender in the Luxo market. Other wise they will always be looked at as a great starter car, with nowhere to go but Lexus. I hate to say that, but it's true.

This is a no brainer for Honda, they just need somebody to pull the lever at the top and run with it. I like the 2004 RL, it had class, ride and didn't look small, it even had a larger rear seat, it was a flag ship, without the flag.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0