[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Chevy Prepping Mini-Blazer
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Local dealer has a bunch of new 17 Accord Tourings in front of building.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: 2019 Pilot "Black Edition"
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> Re: Retro Honda CBX returning - yes it has an L6. July 12-18
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: European HRV with 1.5 L VTEC Turbo engine coming Spring 2019
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Navigation and Subtle Aromatherapy
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "Moose Test". Nissan Kicks fail
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Re:Honda Debuts 2019 Civic Sport in Sedan and Coupe Form
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: H2 for All... again at last!
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: No more 3rd gen FC Clarity, Hello 2020 4th gen
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > American Honda Records Best-Ever November Sales > > Re: Will the MDX outsell the TL?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Will the MDX outsell the TL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2006 17:43
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Egawds.... more MDXs than TLs for the month.

Will this become the best seller for Acura? I see tons of these "mid size" unibody SUVs nowadays. Until now it looked like Lexus has the market to itself but it may just be that AHM did the right thing by raising the price, adding features and putting in SH-AWD.

Maybe that's the future for AHM? Take Acura up market, solidly in the upper 30s and up?
K24T TSX-S................FWD ATTS........32K
K24T TSC-S Coupe.......FWD ATTS........34K
J30 TSX Touring.........SHAWD............35K
J30 TSC GT...............SHAWD............37K
J30 TSW State..........SHAWD............38K
K24T RDX Sport...........SHAWD............35K
J30 RDX Touring.........SHAWD............38K
J35 TL......................RWD ATTS.......41K
J35 TL-S...................SHAWD...........46K
J35 TLW State..........SHAWD............48K
J38 MDX....................SHAWD...........44K
J38 MDX Touring.........SHAWD...........52K
M42 RL-SWB...............RWD ATTS.......50K
M42 RL-SWB Touring....SHAWD............54K
M44 RL-SWB S............SHAWD............55K
M44 RL-LWB...............RWD ATTS........59K
M44 RL-LWB Touring....SHAWD.............64K
M44 RC-SWB S...........RWD ATTS.........64K
M50 RC-SWB Touring...SHAWD ............68K
M44 Legend Coupe......RWD ATTS........70K
M50 Legend Coupe S...SHAWD.............74K
M44 Legend Sedan......RWD ATTS........69K
M50 Legend Sedan.....SHAWD..............75K

Maybe you could also bring a top notch car with a V8/V12:

M50 Zanardi GT..........RWD-ATTS.........90K
M75 Zanardi GTS........SHAWD.............112K

osaze
Profile for osaze
Re: Will the MDX outsell the TL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2006 20:03
I don't think so. Although the MDX is one sweet ticket, the novelty will eventually wear off in about six months or so, but sales figures will not drop too dramatically, as my bet is that you'll see more men driving MDX's now due to its totally modern, muscular looks. I have a feeling that the RDX will be a bust, as it has a really weak looking stance and pricing too close to the MDX base.

I just hope Acura really puts it mind to the body styling of the next generation TL and come up with an ultramodern body that will blow the sox off anything in its class, reflecting at least major sheet metal themes revealed in the Advanced Sedan Concept recenlty unveiled at the LA autoshow.

ItsAllAboutHonda
Profile for ItsAllAboutHonda
Re: Will the MDX outsell the TL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2006 02:15
When they do change the TL, I hope it won't be too radical. I mean why mess with a great design? It needs to evolve...not like from the last generation Legend to first generation RL.
wanga
Profile for wanga
Re: Will the MDX outsell the TL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2006 10:35
I agree that the TL is a beauty.They should keep the base
design but add a more masculine look into it.change the powertrain from FWD to RWD and a special edition with manual
transmission only that will scare the hell out the bmw.I love the MDX,now i understand why people lease cars instead of buying them.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Will the MDX outsell the TL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2006 17:46
I dunno.... the TL is the Irvine Chevy ( The Benz is the Newport Bch Chevy ) and I see lots and lots of Lexus RX300/350s and quite a few MDXs -plus the odd Cayenne and VeeDubs-. Gone are the days with tons and tons of Yukons, Expeditions and Suburbans.

I think the market for the mid size SUV is really exploding as people dump their big ass SUVs and move to the smaller unibodies.... which are just as big in the inside thanks to better packaging.

So, if the RX is selling so well, and as the MDX has really moved upmarket nicely in looks and features, I can see how both the RX350 and MDX will be the fighting it out just like the Odyssey and the Sienna.

The real losers here are GM, Ford and DCX. I haven't seen a new Ford or DCX minivan in my neighborhood for years. It seems like all the vans are Odyssey/Siennas and the SUVs are starting to go RX/MDX. The only Suburbans are owned by the "poor" neighbors.

Heck, even the not so poor rich neighbors are tooling around in new Cayennes. And their kids are driving Navigators.

The TL sells so well because it's one heck of a well put together car. I can almost understand the hatchet job at C&D over it's not being a RWD, but the truth is that the TL is so good a car that the only thing it keeps it from world class domination is RWD. Imagine a RWD TL at 35K. No one would be able to touch it.

I suppose that as the TL goes SH-AWD next go around it will really shine, but the price is going up market too. And while a FWD TL at 33K was a steal -plus low lease rates because of it's phenomenal resale value- once you move it over 40K then things start to change. It's one thing to make a car that has 97% of a 540i at 33K.... but when you move it to 41K or so then you better deliver more goods..

Of course, if the 09 TL had 330bhp with SH-AWD... heck... that puts it above the 540i at 15K less... so who knows?

The car that more and more would interest me is a J30 TSX with FWD-ATTS. If they could make that with 250bhp, MT6 and sell it for under 32K.... they'd have a real, real hit on their hands. Just make it about 3 inches longer than the current model -and put it all in the rear cabin. I want mine in red with a cream colored interior. Oh, and put the shifter up on the dash like my old EP3 hatch.

osaze wrote:
I don't think so. Although the MDX is one sweet ticket, the novelty will eventually wear off in about six months or so, but sales figures will not drop too dramatically, as my bet is that you'll see more men driving MDX's now due to its totally modern, muscular looks. I have a feeling that the RDX will be a bust, as it has a really weak looking stance and pricing too close to the MDX base.

I just hope Acura really puts it mind to the body styling of the next generation TL and come up with an ultramodern body that will blow the sox off anything in its class, reflecting at least major sheet metal themes revealed in the Advanced Sedan Concept recenlty unveiled at the LA autoshow.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0