[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
ToxxinOnTegSE
Profile for ToxxinOnTegSE
Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2006 02:59
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I've been crusing the streets of H-town for the better part of this year racking up almost 15k miles now(well about 15275 at this very moment and MMS at 20%) on a brand new 2006 Accord V6 and have *yet to see* an Si, let alone one that wants to put some rubber down even on Friday and Saturday nights What gives. and btw, for those who don't know..Htown=Houston.. C'mon..are the Si guys too scared to come out and pound some rubber in H-town. Are their any Si guys here from there that can comment on whether you guys have meets or if thre are even enough of you guys there to form a group in the first place.
lotsofhondas
Profile for lotsofhondas
Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2006 09:47
Have you thought of getting together with that guy that has the Beemer M3?
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2006 09:56
I see about two or three Si's a week here in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I wish I didn't see any around.

Also, a guy here at work has one too, but I have never met him. It really sucks driving past one every day because he gets in earlier than me.

patriarch
Profile for patriarch
Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2006 13:29
ToxxinOnTegSE wrote:
I've been crusing the streets of H-town for the better part of this year racking up almost 15k miles now(well about 15275 at this very moment and MMS at 20%) on a brand new 2006 Accord V6 and have *yet to see* an Si, let alone one that wants to put some rubber down even on Friday and Saturday nights What gives. and btw, for those who don't know..Htown=Houston.. C'mon..are the Si guys too scared to come out and pound some rubber in H-town. Are their any Si guys here from there that can comment on whether you guys have meets or if thre are even enough of you guys there to form a group in the first place.

im become petrified with fear when i see an accord v6. id much rather stay at home and play D&D all day long than go out and risk seeing a "brand new" 2006 Accord V6. i dont even THINK abour racing one.

i've been cruising the streets of i-town (irvine) for about 400 more miles than you. i see an Si maybe once every one or two days.

mixone
Profile for mixone
Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2006 14:20
I see lots of regular 06 civics, but SI's are still rare in bean-town (Boston). I can easily go a month or more without seeing another. Last one I saw was in NJ visiting the parental units 2 weeks ago.

patriarch
Profile for patriarch
Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2006 15:17
i'll admit it was hard to spot them back in april or so, but now it's easy to find them. i just went to class and i saw a fiji blue on the street and a GG on the parking lot. And this morning there was another fiji blue parked by my neighbors house. i just met my si quota for the next 3 days
Khannie112
Profile for Khannie112
Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2006 15:57
ToxxinOnTegSE wrote:

First off....your Accord is not BRAND NEW anymore, 2007s are out so your's is already one year old....its USED.

Second....every time you post, its is about 'racing' in your AT V6......news to you buddy, your car is fast, but its NOT that fast. Go pick on a 350z, G35, or WRX (do you see THOSE around?).

Third - If you really want to race, go to the local track and just STOMP on your accelerator....stay off the streets...you drive an automatic, its not that much of a race car buddy.

back on topic: here in NJ I see an SI almost every day now.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2006 16:22
Wait...wait...wait...

I only scanned that original post, and missed the whole "scared" part.

In a straight line, I thought the V6 Accord auto and the Si were pretty much even? I would also be willing to bet the Si would climb over you in a corner.

JustErik
Profile for JustErik
Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2006 16:24
patriarch wrote:

im become petrified with fear when i see an accord v6. id much rather stay at home and play D&D all day long than go out and risk seeing a "brand new" 2006 Accord V6. i dont even THINK abour racing one.

i've been cruising the streets of i-town (irvine) for about 400 more miles than you. i see an Si maybe once every one or two days.

LOL...you almost made me wet my pants! :)

lotsofhondas
Profile for lotsofhondas
Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2006 16:37
I was wondering when one of you guys would see that part. I've also got a V6 Accord, they are fast, but they aren't an Si. I think this guy is just trolling.
8000 RPM
Profile for 8000 RPM
Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2006 21:30
patriarch wrote:
ToxxinOnTegSE wrote:

I am in i-town (Irvine), too. I know there are at least 4 Si out here. Mine (Silver w/ aero kit), 2 black ones, and a blue one.

But the black ones are mean, they never say hi......lol

dotcom173
Profile for dotcom173
Re: Man when am i gonna see an Si on the road in Htown??    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2006 21:40
i rarely ever see new Si's around here, and im not far from patriarch. around M-town (mission viejo, to go along with the trend), i see around 1 new Si every 3-4 weeks, and around 5 old si's per week. makes me both sad and happy, because when i do get my Si, it will still be unique, yet, i wont be completely alone.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0