[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
More.......................
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2019 Supra may get 4cyl
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: MotoGP - Assen TT (you should watch)
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Zak Brown: 2018 McLaren ‘weaker than last year’s car’
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Civic --> 2001 Honda Civic non-vtec to vtec engine switch
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: FOUND-northern new jersey speed shop

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Galaxy Grey's An
Profile for Galaxy Grey's An
FOUND-northern new jersey speed shop    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-24-2006 20:12
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
So after a couple of weeks of talking with IMP (international motorsports products) and having my s/c install delayed because "My mechanic hasn't showed up in a couple of days," I did some comparison shopping. It turns out those of us in Northern NJ have a treasure in our backyard. After reading some of my back issues of hondatuning, I came across this:
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0608_ht_marc_outram_1993_honda_civic_del_sol_s/

the custom turbo that they praised on the del sol in the article was made by a Jersey company called "E-shift performance." So I did some digging, found their phone number, and gave them a call.

In short, they've been fantastic. i drove out to check out their shop, and it's fantastic. It's a small outfit, but they've got all the necessary parts, including lift, dyno, and a collection of cars that I'd trade my *&*&*& for. Mike, the shop owner, was fantastic, brought me in, shook my hand, popped the hood, checked out the comptech kit i had in my trunk (checked for the certificate of authenticity to make sure he wouldn't be stuck installing a poorly fitting "ebay special"), and signed me up for an appointment for next monday. He even offered to personally drive me to the car rental place so that i wouldn't be stranded after dropping off my baby.

I'll definitely post once I get the car back, but I wanted to get the word out to anybody else who, like me, has been SOL finding a good shop in north jersey.

take it easy,
Chris

Galaxy Grey's An
Re: FOUND-northern new jersey speed shop    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-24-2006 20:13
just realized that in my enthusiasm, i had 2 consecutive sentences using the word "fantastic." Inexcusable.
My apologies,
Chris

blu
Profile for blu
Re: FOUND-northern new jersey speed shop    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2006 01:40
lol...

I have that issue of HT. Congrats on finding your shop. I'm having trouble finding mine in New England :(.

Spargo
Profile for Spargo
Re: FOUND-northern new jersey speed shop    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2006 03:10
awesome find man, a homey shop with a good owner is the way to go, nothing like actually knowing your tech's name to give you some confidence. Good luck with the install!

-Spargo

SuprChrged '00Si
Profile for SuprChrged '00Si
Re: FOUND-northern new jersey speed shop    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2006 12:27
How much are they going to charge you for the install (if you don't mind me asking?) Looks like a good shop could handle it in 8-10 hours which isn't bad as long as your not being charged $110.00/hour like a dealership would.
JoeFromPA
Profile for JoeFromPA
Re: FOUND-northern new jersey speed shop    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2006 12:57
I've been through alot of different shops for a lot of different types of cars...including $200 / hour Porsche shops.

And you know what, in most cases the most important thing is to find a shop who actually works on your car (or similar platform) day in and out.

For instance, VWs have some of the most complicated engine/electrical interfaces around...I wouldn't want to take one even to my very competent mechanic for one of those issues, compared to a VW speciality shop.

I guess my point is I'd rather pay $100 an hour for a shop who works with alot of k20 engines than $60 for a shop who has great mechanics, but that don't necessarily spend alot of time inside k20s.

Joe

Galaxy Grey's An
Re: FOUND-northern new jersey speed shop    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2006 16:58
Mike at E-shift quoted me between 6-700, including overnighting theECU to comptech. The previous shop i talked with was charging between 800 and 1200.
-Chris

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0