[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Hyundai i30 Fastback N (2019)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: Second DBW issue program update for 06 Si

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Second DBW issue program update for 06 Si    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2006 16:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
That is kind of humorous when you think about it.

This is sort of like the experience I had with the original rev hang. It took tons of posts and even a video for me to even notice or realize I had it. It is amazing what the mind can perceive or ignore when it wants to.

1st HI Si
Profile for 1st HI Si
Re: Second DBW issue program update for 06 Si    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2006 17:01
Lose2win wrote:
So, by now, we all have realized our Honda dealers do not call the ECU reflash a reflash. It is called "PGM-FI software in the ECM" update. Specifically from this TSB:

I had the original update from program version to RBA040 to RBA050 done over a month ago. This update was a huge improvement to the rev hang and throttle issues, but not perfect. When I got that update, my service tech was informed by Honda Tech Line about another update, Program version RBA060, to be released soon. A few day later I got a call from my dealer's service dept. saying they had the new update included with another HDS software update.

I finally got in yesterday and yes, they were right. My ECU program is now version RBA060. There is not a TSB or TSB update to address the issue, stating update to program version RBA060, much like the first update being available before the TSB.

I have yet to test this update, but I will in about 30 min, with a spirited drive. I am specifically looking for noticable rev hang at high RPMs. A review to come soon.

So no one answered my question. THis is a copy of the first service Bulletin. Is there a second one out now? This is dated the 9th of August. Any one have a copy of the new one? I had this one done to my car and it made a HUGE differance in DBW responce and the reve hang. If there is actaully a second one I will get it done as well, but from the looks of it there is no second Service Bulletin yet.

Lose2win
Profile for Lose2win
Re: Second DBW issue program update for 06 Si    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2006 17:42
1st HI Si wrote:
Lose2win wrote:
So, by now, we all have realized our Honda dealers do not call the ECU reflash a reflash. It is called "PGM-FI software in the ECM" update. Specifically from this TSB:

I had the original update from program version to RBA040 to RBA050 done over a month ago. This update was a huge improvement to the rev hang and throttle issues, but not perfect. When I got that update, my service tech was informed by Honda Tech Line about another update, Program version RBA060, to be released soon. A few day later I got a call from my dealer's service dept. saying they had the new update included with another HDS software update.

I finally got in yesterday and yes, they were right. My ECU program is now version RBA060. There is not a TSB or TSB update to address the issue, stating update to program version RBA060, much like the first update being available before the TSB.

I have yet to test this update, but I will in about 30 min, with a spirited drive. I am specifically looking for noticable rev hang at high RPMs. A review to come soon.

So no one answered my question. THis is a copy of the first service Bulletin. Is there a second one out now? This is dated the 9th of August. Any one have a copy of the new one? I had this one done to my car and it made a HUGE differance in DBW responce and the reve hang. If there is actaully a second one I will get it done as well, but from the looks of it there is no second Service Bulletin yet.

No there is not a second TSB or TSB update or a new DBW update without a TSB. My dealer called me and said they had a second update for the DBW and I went in for the update, but after I noticed little to no difference from the previous update, I questioned what was supposed to change with the second update. Upon review, they realized they did not have a second update, only a new HDS update. They were confused and my mind tricked me in to thinking I felt a difference, when I actually did not.

The only difference I can think of was saturday 9/9, was an unusually cool, sunny, 70F degree day in california, so it may have been the weather conditions making the car feel better.

rsmith
Profile for rsmith
Re: Second DBW issue program update for 06 Si    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2006 18:54
Lose2win,

Don't feel bad about it. The Si is one of those cars that is significantly affected by weather conditions (temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, etc.).

Your Si was probably performing much better than it had recently with the weather conditions you described while testing out the second reflash. I think just about anyone would have been fooled under the circumstances.

Thanks for the effort.

rsmith

Geode
Profile for Geode
Re: Second DBW issue program update for 06 Si    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2006 21:47
Thanks for the post!
Pachodino
Profile for Pachodino
Re: Second DBW issue program update for 06 Si    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2006 22:30
I haven't done any of the updates yet, If i were to get it, Should i get both updates or only the last one ??
ocspray
Profile for ocspray
Re: Second DBW issue program update for 06 Si    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2006 22:43
At this point, you might want to wait a few more weeks until the latest update is available and there's some documentation posted that you can refer to when your Service Manager gives you a frown.

Bollocks
Profile for Bollocks
Re: Second DBW issue program update for 06 Si    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-13-2006 00:32
Don't beat yourself up about it. A redundant pcm update has the same effect as a pcm reset, which will change the way your car feels until the pcm relearns your driving style.

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0