[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Hyundai i30 Fastback N (2019)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 [3]
Author
  Post New Thread
1st HI Si
Profile for 1st HI Si
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2006 18:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
sickyute wrote:
patriarch wrote:
OT, but, sickyute, are you upgrading your brakes?

now i'm just waiting on some bigger rotors kinda like what powerslot has out for the rsx.

http://fastbrakes.com/shop/index.php

They have some, not sure on the brand but you can get just the rotor from them. I have talked to them quite a bit, very nice guys more than willing to help. But yes they do have just the Rotors, I already inquired about buying some from them.

sickyute
Profile for sickyute
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2006 18:25
tmac1221 wrote:
Sicky you should try to get that beast into a magazine.

honestly...i don't care for all the attention and hoopla...reason why if u look at the car from the outside it's just really simple.

reason i'm on the boards showing it off is cuz it's informative and beneficial to everyone.

if a magazine was to approach me and there was some financial benefit to it...then why not...but apart from that i'm good.

nighthawk06Si
Profile for nighthawk06Si
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2006 18:29
sicky's a sleeper... race him and you'll find out how he rides. : P
1st HI Si
Profile for 1st HI Si
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2006 18:35
I'm going to try and go the same way. Keep it looking low key,I would like to get rid of the spoiler, but we will see.
Ksan R
Profile for Ksan R
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2006 13:17
I don’t see any mention of changes to ECU. Is stock ECU able to adjust the fuel ratio correctly with better injectors/fuel pump or did you reflash it and if so with what?
tryvtec
Profile for tryvtec
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2006 13:39
sicky what kind of engine management comes with the "marvi" kit or do they reflash your stock ecu.... or is engine management purchased seprate

1st HI Si
Profile for 1st HI Si
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2006 13:50
I'm pretty sure he said that he was running stock ECU. He had the Hondata but reverted back to stock so they could tune to that so that people didnt have to buy Hondata to get the kit they could run off stock. Hondata could possibly give it more power.
pogi_ako
Profile for pogi_ako
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2006 14:58
Judging by his gauges(AEM) I'm assuming sicky has the AEM EMS, whether it comes with the kit or not idk but according to the list, it doesnt look like it does.
sickyute
Profile for sickyute
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2006 19:38
partial tuning was done with the apexi AFC neo

after months and months of them doing tuning and research on their own car...they were able to tune mine. exactly what they did i don't know...it works :)

as for the kits....whether it's the Marvie kit or the regular kit u'll have choices as to what u can use...

I THINK they had mentioned something about choices between the e-manage, apexi products and if i'm not mistaken a custom reflash from hondata should be available sometime....

with the bigger injectors the car will not idle so u need something like the afc neo or vafc to make u idle and then u have to tune from there somehow....however they did it? that's what everyone wants to know and what i can't tell. They'll tell u if u call them directly...it's not my duty...Sorry

i've heard AEM should have something out by december also.

my gauges are standalone.

patriarch
Profile for patriarch
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 12:38
bump!
i want a review!! =)

sickyute
Profile for sickyute
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 14:01
review soon.
so far i'm yet to throw a check engine light.
i've been close to by buddy who has the greddy on his....he's a honda tech also....he's throwing codes like crazy...
basically his system is running too rich sometimes and throws a code...can't remember what other code he has but it was 2 codes he keeps throwing...i'm yet to throw a code except the one for running catless :)

so far soo good....no complaints...
i'm about to have them try a new tuning setup ... i'll let yall know how that goes...they want to try something new to give the buyer choices as tuning goes.

lit_up420si
Profile for lit_up420si
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 17:51
Yo sick, hit me up at my email or call me..Im sold on your kit!
plus a few questions.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 19:07
I know turbo is amazing and everything.... and as of to how far this thread has gone, my question is a typical garoto question and might be stupid....
Is it possible to do any of this work without your car throwing codes?
Isn't this car made for mods? why would it throw codes?
Won't turbo ruin your engine... it won live as long...
it sure does give u the power, but if u need all that power, isn't it better to buy a car with all that power already in there for u not to sacrifice car longevility etc...

I know modding ur car your own way and being unique is the best thing but I mean, I don't think its worth killing your car.

I give you props on ur si man, I saw the vids and sounds great looks fast as f*ck and everything.. but what about my points up there, what do you all think?

lit_up420si
Profile for lit_up420si
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 19:16
The Greddy kit is throwing codes not Alljapcars kit..I personally know marvie, and have been to Alljaps shop
in broward FL..I trust them to the fullest..pics up at www.alljapcars.net

sickyute
Profile for sickyute
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 19:30
garoto628 wrote:
I know turbo is amazing and everything.... and as of to how far this thread has gone, my question is a typical garoto question and might be stupid....
Is it possible to do any of this work without your car throwing codes?
Isn't this car made for mods? why would it throw codes?
Won't turbo ruin your engine... it won live as long...
it sure does give u the power, but if u need all that power, isn't it better to buy a car with all that power already in there for u not to sacrifice car longevility etc...

I know modding ur car your own way and being unique is the best thing but I mean, I don't think its worth killing your car.

I give you props on ur si man, I saw the vids and sounds great looks fast as f*ck and everything.. but what about my points up there, what do you all think?

80 percent of the people who buy an Si buy it to Mod it.
it's the culture....
quite frankly i could have easilly bought myself a g35 or even a vette....it's not me, it's not what i wanted...i'm 25 and wanted another Si coupe ever since my roomate crashed my 99 one...not to mention i just wanted a nice pocket rocket...could have went out and bought an RSX but look what the Si offers....to each his own..for me i chose the Si over anything else i could have afforded.

as for codes....i'm not throwing any code that i'm not supposed to...if u run without a cat...u'll throw a code...much like if u have a race header...no car is made to mod, u mod at ur own risk.

a turbo will not kill ur engine any more than a supercharger would or u not chainging ur oil regularly....unless u pound on it everyday and ur tuning is not right....any mod done to ur car and done safely and right will not harm ur engine...vtec all day all night and bouncing of ur rev limiter constantly...u may hurt ur car more than i'll ever hurt mine with the turbo on it.

as for being unique...i don't think my Si will ever be unique...there's be many other NBP Si with turbo kits and red badges and rims etc etc...

no one's killing their car....

u sound like u r a 60 yr. old grump who's not up to the time.

garoto
Profile for garoto
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 20:02
damn sickyute... I understand ur point and everybody's buying an Si to modd it... I look up to for bein able to afford a better car and still bought the Si, I would've done the same thing..... Im not saying there's something wrong with doing what ur doing. Id be an idiot if I expected u or anybody to keep it stock... im just asking to learn what the deal is... from what I understood, if the tuning is done right, it'd be a faster car with the same longevility as long as u keep it tuned right and regular maintenance, same as if u vtec all day and all night without proper maintenance... I though I understood ur throwing codes... the catless code I understand.... but then again, like I said great car and if u dont think is unique then whatever,,, i think mine is unique and all I have is hfp exhaust, suspension and red-stitching shift boot... beat that.. lol...
I personally will not go any further than hfp mods... maybe some extras here and there nothing much... like you said, to each his own...

sickyute
Profile for sickyute
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 20:10
garoto628 wrote:
damn sickyute... I understand ur point and everybody's buying an Si to modd it... I look up to for bein able to afford a better car and still bought the Si, I would've done the same thing..... Im not saying there's something wrong with doing what ur doing. Id be an idiot if I expected u or anybody to keep it stock... im just asking to learn what the deal is... from what I understood, if the tuning is done right, it'd be a faster car with the same longevility as long as u keep it tuned right and regular maintenance, same as if u vtec all day and all night without proper maintenance... I though I understood ur throwing codes... the catless code I understand.... but then again, like I said great car and if u dont think is unique then whatever,,, i think mine is unique and all I have is hfp exhaust, suspension and red-stitching shift boot... beat that.. lol...
I personally will not go any further than hfp mods... maybe some extras here and there nothing much... like you said, to each his own...

the no cat code is the only one..it's expected...it's supposed to happen..

lol at being unique with ur red stitching and HFP...

apart from that u are right....good tuning and maintenance and the car will run just fine for as long as any other out there if the driver knows how to drive and do things in moderation.

my car is lovely and unique for now...someone else will follow me....sadly

tmac1221
Profile for tmac1221
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 20:38
Come on sicky, calling the Warh3ad lovely? You can do better than that...
patriarch
Profile for patriarch
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 21:39
sickyute wrote:
my car is lovely and unique for now...someone else will follow me....sadly

i would if i had the cash. ur Si is the envy of many Si owners. i'm sure more than ONE person will get the same set up. But you will always be known as sickyute the pioneer and guinea pig, the guy who they named the turbo kit after, and no one will get any of that =)

2JzSupraGTE
Profile for 2JzSupraGTE
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 22:03
All hail the SI god! Man I'm jealous of your car, and now you have HIDs...
sickyute
Profile for sickyute
Re: The let the beast out!!! 300+whp    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-11-2006 22:19
i guess you all have a point...

thanks....

the turbo i can't be greatful enuff for...everything else was planned out wayy before i got the car...pays to have vision :)
good to have an architecture major :)

Thread Page - 1 2 [3]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0