[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: The SI wave

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JoeFromPA
Profile for JoeFromPA
The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2006 09:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hey all,

Just sharing a little SI story. I have not "run into" an SI on the roadway in the 6+ months I've owned my car. I've passed them on the other side, but never driven next to one.

Well, yesterday, I was on the PA turnpike and I see a GG SI coming up behind me. He obviously accelerated once he spotted me, so I rolled down my window (with 20% tint, he wouldn't be able to see me) and waved at him. He (anyone on here?) and his wife/girlfriend/some woman were in the car, and smiled, gave the thumbs up, and waved enthusiastically back...

then, without warning, he drops it into 4th and floors it. The nerve of some people :)

Anyway...it was the first time I can remember, in a long time, that the I had a.....close your eyes young'ns....a "sh**-eating grin" on my face.

We danced a little bit back and forth on the highway, having a good ol time. The SI sounds fantastic. They waved happily goodbye as we got off on seperate entrance ramps, with him tapping his brakes etc.

As they would say at thetruthaboutcars.com....it was hoonarific, and a tremendous pleasure to share with an SI owner (the enthusiasm) and my wife (in the car with me, telling me to slow it down, but also enjoying herself).

Joe

P.s. Wave to your fellow SI owners!

marecki7
Profile for marecki7
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2006 10:07
I have seen several SI's on the road, including 2 Fiju Blue :-)
(I'll be getting mine in middle of October)

Very nice car, lots, and lots of bang for the $$$.

Evo5150
Profile for Evo5150
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2006 10:22
Joe,

Was the GG Si you saw from Jersey? A few weeks after buying mine I drove by a GG Si with Jersey plates and the 18" HPF wheels on 76E on my way back to Manayunk from West Chester. I was behind him at first, passed him then got in front of him. Eventually he came along side and gave the thumbs up which I happily returned. It is nice to find someone else with an Si and the instant comraderie that goes along with it.

Mattman
Profile for Mattman
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2006 16:29
I've given the thumbs up to a couple of other Si drivers, but the encounters have been very brief. I did come across a guy in a 7th gen Civic that wanted to see what the guy driving the new Si would do. I came up behind him in traffic and as soon as traffic opened up, he accelerated away like he wanted to race or something. Somehow I knew he was just doing it for the hell of it, so I just kept up with him and hung back a bit. When he got close to his exit, he pulled over and I accelerated by as we both waved. I really enjoyed that and I think that's the way to go about having a little fun on the road - not this angry road rage crap we see all the time.

Another time my brother and I went out with our Si's and had some fun cruising around together. It's pretty cool to get two Si's together so you can hear the exhaust harmony they produce. If you cruise down the highway in 4th you can trade off making some great sounds!

LunchBoxed
Profile for LunchBoxed
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2006 17:14
I have yet to have any encounters with any '06 Si's while on the roadway. I come from a smaller city, so there are only 3 or 4 Si's in the city that I've seen and they always tend to be parked with no owner around when I see them.

However, I do get some good attention from all sorts of Civic drivers in all other years and trim levels. Every once in a great while I meet someone in a RSX-S who will gimme a look like my Si ain't $hit, but it's still all good.

ihatesi
Profile for ihatesi
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2006 17:47
i have seen more 06 SI than rsx type S now days.
then again I work at a university in a high income city.

suprisingly majority of the drivers are girls. I think I only saw
3 SIs being driven by guys and 4 driven by girls.

1st HI Si
Profile for 1st HI Si
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2006 18:01
The Si owners here are apparently rude or stuck up. Only one of them has waved, all the rest pretend like they are better than me and just keep driving. I got a thumbs up from a S2000 the other day after a little sprited driving on the freeway.
2JzSupraGTE
Profile for 2JzSupraGTE
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2006 19:23
I've seen acouple of SIs here, I got 3 waves, one from a FBP, NBP, and a RR. I give a thumbs up and then I wave. The only SI I talked to was the FBP. We were at a light, i rolled down my window, he rolled down his. I said nice car, and he said same to me, etc. Then we took off, going our seperate ways.

Funny story that happened to me today. Ok, it's not all that funny:

I was on the way home from a local performance shop (Autosport Addiction). This girl in a GG SI like mines but without the kit and rims pulls up behind me at a light. After the light went green, I switched to say hi. So here we are, in traffic. I notice that she gave herself a lot of room away from the car infront of her. Out of nowhere, I see/hear her peeling out! I was like uh ok... She followed me onto I5, and tailgated me until i got off the ramp. Then she made a U turn. My town is filled with a bunch of racers. But yea, that was my highlight of the day. She was kinda hot too! Haha

vtec_convert
Profile for vtec_convert
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2006 20:06
ive only run into one other si owner in PA. a habby red guy i had seen going the other direction a few times. saw him parked at a gas station and i pulled up to wait for him to come out to say hi.

he didnt seem interested in any sort of conversation :|

06GGNAVISI
Profile for 06GGNAVISI
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-05-2006 20:09
Been seeing more and more Si's in the past couple months. But that's expected being in the LA area. I've seen every color at least twice except for Ralleye Red and Fiji Blue. I always stare at the drivers but they're either ignoring me or they don't seem like they're looking for other Si's.
wtng4my06si
Profile for wtng4my06si
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-06-2006 21:53
I've never drivennext to another si only opposite directions from them (ie...I-87S and they are going North). However I've gotten quite a few stares/thumbs up.....one kid in an audi a4 from NJ was going back and forth with me, once i got off the thruway he flashed his lights at me..i tapped on the brakes, etc. also i've had two guys in a ford explorer block me in in a parking lot and give me a thumbs up as i went to my car to see what they wanted. and also akid with an rsx-s stopin and talk with me about my car for a half-hour, i just wish someone with an si lived near me to drive with me.
X_SI_TNG1
Profile for X_SI_TNG1
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2006 01:51
I've seen one SI here in Plainfield, IL- if I remember correctly a GG and I waved to him when I was turning at an intersection and he and his grilfriend waved back.

The coolest encounter was an older generation CIVIC HB was revving on the road. He rolled his window down and said "lets go for it." We were even at the bottom of 2nd gear. We both agreed to "test" our card against each other. Then we took off.

Dude his car was keeping up with mine with each shift. Freakin fast car. We got up to maybe 75mph (dead of night). Then we both turned at a corner to chat. He said he did an engine swap and transplated a Japanese Intergra b18 engine with some I/H/E and a few other mods.

First ever "test" race and was pretty exciting.

Got a big thumbs up and a wave from non-SI owner but nonetheless a true HONDA CIVIC enthusiast.

FusionSi11
Profile for FusionSi11
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2006 04:51
X_SI_TNG1 wrote:
I've seen one SI here in Plainfield, IL- if I remember correctly a GG and I waved to him when I was turning at an intersection and he and his grilfriend waved back.

The coolest encounter was an older generation CIVIC HB was revving on the road. He rolled his window down and said "lets go for it." We were even at the bottom of 2nd gear. We both agreed to "test" our card against each other. Then we took off.

Dude his car was keeping up with mine with each shift. Freakin fast car. We got up to maybe 75mph (dead of night). Then we both turned at a corner to chat. He said he did an engine swap and transplated a Japanese Intergra b18 engine with some I/H/E and a few other mods.

First ever "test" race and was pretty exciting.

Got a big thumbs up and a wave from non-SI owner but nonetheless a true HONDA CIVIC enthusiast.

dont u have, if i remember right, a RR SI? dont u live in Darien? i think i (white SI) saw u once on the 75th st ramp from I355..u were turning left and i was going right and i honked at u but im not sure if u saw me or not...a girl was in da pass. seat....if that was u of course....

chugiboi
Profile for chugiboi
Re: The SI wave    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-12-2006 06:16
2JzSupraGTE wrote:
I've seen acouple of SIs here, I got 3 waves, one from a FBP, NBP, and a RR. I give a thumbs up and then I wave. The only SI I talked to was the FBP. We were at a light, i rolled down my window, he rolled down his. I said nice car, and he said same to me, etc. Then we took off, going our seperate ways.

Funny story that happened to me today. Ok, it's not all that funny:

I was on the way home from a local performance shop (Autosport Addiction). This girl in a GG SI like mines but without the kit and rims pulls up behind me at a light. After the light went green, I switched to say hi. So here we are, in traffic. I notice that she gave herself a lot of room away from the car infront of her. Out of nowhere, I see/hear her peeling out! I was like uh ok... She followed me onto I5, and tailgated me until i got off the ramp. Then she made a U turn. My town is filled with a bunch of racers. But yea, that was my highlight of the day. She was kinda hot too! Haha

i saw that girl who's driving a GGSI with not kits and HFP rims you're talking about b4, she's asian rite, maybe filippina, but yeah, i saw her on march ln on my way to auto sport too about a month ago. okay get to the subject, yeah i wave at 06 si owner all the time when ever i see them, if they're next to me, i would roll my window down and say hi, if they're not next to me, i would roar to catch their attention to say hi (only if there's no cop around), i done it a couple of times, and they roar back, it's fun really, and on the freeway, i would honk at them or hazard sometime. yeah, it's kool meeting other people si too. the only color i haven't seen yet is the hanberto red or something.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0